Windows 10: Photos will not open in photo app but will in all other apps - already JPEG

Discus and support Photos will not open in photo app but will in all other apps - already JPEG in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Photos will not open in photo app but will in all other apps - already in JPEG form. I can even attach to emails but the regular photo viewer will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KatieMcLean1, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Photos will not open in photo app but will in all other apps - already JPEG

Photos will not open in photo app but will in all other apps - already in JPEG form. I can even attach to emails but the regular photo viewer will not open them it says file location can not be found....but every other application can locate them just fine. This occurs on photos from a card and already on the computer. Brand new computer that came with windows 10 already installed.

:)

KatieMcLean1, Nov 29, 2019

2. Open with another app 'photos'

When you choose photos and select 'open with' it gives a selection of apps. In the list I see the apps but one that looks odd is labelled %1 and has a generic app icon. It's almost as if it's some kind of old or broken program that doesn't exist. All the other programs like paint and photos are in the list as they should be but this is a rogue one. Does anyone else see this?

Scottyboy99, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Nov 29, 2019
  4. philc43 Win User

Photos will not open in photo app but will in all other apps - already JPEG

Open with another app 'photos'

I've just checked my own and for comparison this is what appears when selecting open with for a .jpg photo file:

Photos will not open in photo app but will in all other apps - already JPEG [​IMG]

If I select an image file which doesn't have associations set such as a GIMP .xcf file I see an open with... and clicking this gets to the alternative windows apps selection box:

Photos will not open in photo app but will in all other apps - already JPEG [​IMG]

I wonder if this gives you a clue to what your missing app should be?

philc43, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Photos will not open in photo app but will in all other apps - already JPEG

1. Photos will not open in photo app but will in all other apps - already JPEG - Similar Threads - Photos open photo

2. Photo app will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo app will not open: microsoft photo app will not open, it seem to take a long time for the a;; the pps to open i saw a post to install fall creator update so I did and it opened one time need help...
  3. Photo app will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app will not open: microsoft photo app will not open, it seem to take a long time for the a;; the pps to open i saw a post to install fall creator update so I did and it opened one time need help...
  4. Photo app will not open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Photo app changes photo on opening it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app changes photo on opening it.: I am a photographer and only just bought an acer aspire 5 with windows 11. I noticed that every time I open a RAW photo in the photos app it appears the right colours and shades first then changes the entire photo to a darker one like it was being modified. unfortunately I am...
  6. Photo app changes photo on opening it.

Photo app changes photo on opening it.: I am a photographer and only just bought an acer aspire 5 with windows 11. I noticed that every time I open a RAW photo in the photos app it appears the right colours and shades first then changes the entire photo to a darker one like it was being modified. unfortunately I am...
  7. Photos app won't print JPEG images.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos app won't print JPEG images.: I work in IT at a public library. Some of our PCs accidently got updated to Windows 11, so we rolled back to 10. But now these PCs cannot print JPEG images anymore, at least not from the default Photos app. I just get an error about printer configuration. Has anyone had this...
  8. Photo microsoft app not openning photos

Photo microsoft app not openning photos: Photo app does not open any photos, but if I select modify/edit the image, then I am able to open it. What could be the solution here.thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-microsoft-app-not-openning-photos/57eeae5d-c54b-452c-8f46-1a232234d956
  9. Photo app won't open JPEG files

Photo app won't open JPEG files: I am trying to open JPEG files in the photo app and I get an error message that this file format is not supported. How do I fix that? Same thing happens with photoviewer or photo gallery...
  10. Photo App not opening...

Photo App not opening...: I have Windows 10 Pro and I just reseted my pc and now I can't open my photos with the Photo App, I click open and nothing happens... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/photo-app-not-opening/98776947-a3b1-41e2-9642-2f88926ccdb2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant open an image with other apps