Windows 10: Photos will not open shows a grey box instead of picture how to correct?

Discus and support Photos will not open shows a grey box instead of picture how to correct? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Photos will not open shows a grey box instead of picture how to correct?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Steve Young4, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Photos will not open shows a grey box instead of picture how to correct?

Photos will not open shows a grey box instead of picture how to correct?

:)

Steve Young4, Feb 23, 2024

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Feb 23, 2024
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Feb 23, 2024
  4. Photos will not open shows a grey box instead of picture how to correct?

SkyDrive folder in Pictures shows grey tile instead of thumbnails

I would love to hear an update (if anything), to this.

I am also seeing another, even more annoying problem:

In File Explorer in Windows 8.1, I drag and drop photos to the SkyDrive folder where pictures are. within a short time, I can view them on my phone. but when I later delete the photos (again, in File Explorer), the photos are removed online, but not from
    the phone! The phone lists them in a folder called "Other Pictures, from SkyDrive". The pictures are listed there, but I cannot delete them or the folder (the folder itself shows up nowhere else). I went so far as to deleting the WPS folder on the SD card,
    but to no avail.

This has been going on more than a week.

And the other SkyDrive folders (you know, the ones that ACTUALLY have pictures in them), are still showing as grey tiles, but this other phantom folder, is actually showing the thumbs!

Assassin 11B3P, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

Photos will not open shows a grey box instead of picture how to correct?

1. Photos will not open shows a grey box instead of picture how to correct? - Similar Threads - Photos open shows

2. Photos will not open shows a grey box instead of picture how to correct?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos will not open shows a grey box instead of picture how to correct?: Photos will not open shows a grey box instead of picture how to correct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-will-not-open-shows-a-grey-box-instead-of/f250bb9a-dcbe-4ab7-b326-824648b52c29
  3. Grey box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey box: A grey box appeared in the top right corner of Windows 11. How can I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-box/25f63e37-dc43-4083-b838-bf2450fcaf0f
  4. Grey box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey box: A grey box appeared in the top right corner of Windows 11. How can I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-box/25f63e37-dc43-4083-b838-bf2450fcaf0f
  5. The pictures show a glitch photo instead of the real photo!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The pictures show a glitch photo instead of the real photo!!: Good Evening, I have a big problem here when I try to send the screenshots on WhatsApp web or telegram or paste it somewhere social the screen it shows a glitch photo instead of the real photo. https://i.imgur.com/VzTfBTp.png submitted by /u/iTady74 [link]...
  6. How do I get PAINT to open pictures instead of PHOTOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get PAINT to open pictures instead of PHOTOS: How do I get PAINT to open pictures instead of PHOTOS? I would always want to go through PAINT and have PHOTOS as an option, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-paint-to-open-pictures-instead-of/b1b6e729-c2ab-4a77-9306-4cdf2c647411
  7. Generic icons showing instead of pictures

Generic icons showing instead of pictures: I am a Windows 10 user. Some of the icons are not showing pictures on the thumbnails, just a generic icon. Other images are showing. It's a mixture. The correct view options are checked/unchecked and the problem persist on any size icon. Can you help me with this issue?...
  8. Picture numbers instead of a photo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture numbers instead of a photo: I use Windows Live Photo Gallery to store my photos. I am listing one of my rentals on Craigslist but when I click on Add Images I get a screen that shows just the image picture number ....no picture. That is how it is for all my picture folders. How can I change that so my...
  9. Empty grey boxes are interspersed among picture thumbnails.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Empty grey boxes are interspersed among picture thumbnails.: Many photos in my Collection appear as empty grey boxes, with a round "symbol" in the center. I can manually DELETE the empty boxes, but they reappear the next time I open the program. No matter how many times I repeat the DELETE steps, the boxes return....
  10. Tooltips not showing, showing black box instead

Tooltips not showing, showing black box instead: When I hover over Min, Max and Close for any program like IE, Outlook, Skype, Windows Explorer. The tooltips are black boxes. It normally shows a text box saying Minimize, Maximize or Close. I am getting black boxes instead... Its almost like it is trying but cannot do it...