Windows 10: Photos won't complete importing to PC

Discus and support Photos won't complete importing to PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I wanted to view the photos & videos I have on my iPhone on my Windows PC. I opened the photos app, and selected Import from a USB Device. The app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AidanKai, Sep 20, 2019.

1. AidanKai Win User

Photos won't complete importing to PC

I wanted to view the photos & videos I have on my iPhone on my Windows PC. I opened the photos app, and selected Import from a USB Device. The app says, "Looking new videos and photos. 3121 items found so far", and has been saying that for about an hour. I've tried this multiple times, and it always ends up like this. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

AidanKai, Sep 20, 2019
  2. Ruz San Win User

importing photos

Thank you for clearing that out. It looks like you are importing the files using the Photos app. When you import photos using this app, the files get imported into your Pictures library. To view these files, refer to these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the list of folders on the left side of the window, click on Pictures. You shall see the photos imported from the SD card using the Photos app.

Another option you have is to import the files solely using File Explorer. Here's how you can do it:

• Connect the SD card into the computer.
    • Launch File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Locate your SD card under Devices and drives.
    • Double-click on the SD card.
    • Manually choose which photos to move into your local folders. Right-click on each photo and choose
      Copy (Ctrl + C) then go to the destination folder then right-click on an empty space in the window and select
      Paste (Ctrl + V).
    • If you are importing all the photos, you can press Ctrl + A on the keyboard to select all of the files. Copy then Paste them into the destination folder.
    • If you are importing selective photos, hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the photos you want to copy. This will let you choose a number of photos instead of selecting all of them like what Step 7 suggests.

Once you're able to get the hang of the tricks, importing photos will not be a challenge anymore.

Tell us which method works best for you.

We're here if you need more help.

Ruz San, Sep 20, 2019
  3. Javo Win User
    iPhone Photos import to Windows 10 PC not working

I would like to troubleshoot my inability to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. I am an advanced user struggling to find relevant help on the internet since most results are unusable masked adverts for paid third party software.

I want to use it the following way

1. connect iPhone via USB to my Windows 10 PC
    2. open Microsoft "Photos" app
    3. click in the upper right on import > add from the device over USB
    4. select all photos and click import

4th step is where it fails, with no usable message.

• I have set the device as trusted on iPhone
    • I mostly don't see it in My Computer, therefore I cannot just copy
    • I tried uninstalling every driver and iTunes software
    • Despite not being visible in Windows Explorer, iTunes can always access the contents with no issue
    • it has a tiny moments when it starts working, but overall import fails sooner or later and never copies all 3k photos. Mostly MSPhotos don't show any content, just failure message, sometimes it shows it's content and acts as I can select what to import, but as described fails sooner or later
    • iTunes can successfully copy entire phone.

Other attempts
    • I tried multiple free 3rd party SW, all of them either failed or seemed like to be usable only after buying their extended version
    • I tried using iTunes for Syncing the Photos
      • I maybe don't know how to use it, or it is faulty too. But I've set the directory where my Photos should be synced, but sync seems to just backup the phone and creates tiny 'Photo Database file', but no photo actually gets copied onto PC.

4. Photos won't complete importing to PC

Windows 10 photos won't import

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you were able to import photos the first time you tried it, we suggest that you download and run the
    Windows app troubleshooter and check if it resolves the issue. This troubleshooter will scan your PC and attempt to automatically fix issues with the Windows store apps.

If the Photo app still isn't working, try to reset it by following these steps:

• In the Search box, type Settings.
    • From the results, click on Settings to run the app.
    • Tap System and select Apps & features.
    • Click on the Photos app and hit Advanced options.
    • Press Reset.

You may also want to check if you have permissions to the folder to which you are importing the photos. Here are the steps to give permissions to the folder:

• Right-click on the Pictures folder, in the File Explorer, and select
      Properties.
    • Under the Security tab, click on HomeUsers
      under Group or Username.
    • Choose Full Control under Permissions for System
    • Repeat steps 2 & 3 for Administrators under Group
      or Username.
    Restart your PC and try importing the photos again.

Additionally, you may want to read Andre Da Costa's Forum article using the link below for more info:

Complete Guide to Importing Your Photos in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

Photos won't complete importing to PC

1. Photos won't complete importing to PC - Similar Threads - Photos won't complete

2. windows 10 photos won't import photos from USB

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 photos won't import photos from USB: I get this error popup every time I try to import photos. I had no problem until two weeks ago. Now it happens all the time. Any suggestions? [ATTACH]...
  3. Importing Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing Photos: How can I delete my photos from my SD card after importing them to my computer? It no longer gives me the option to delete them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-photos/0b35164a-d3fa-4633-b3a9-b3cc8473f31d
  4. Import photos from iPhone to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Import photos from iPhone to PC: I need help, I have connected my i.phone to my laptop and I have opened the photo App. In file I was told to click on Import,but I cant see Import anywhere. ***Modified title from: Downloading photos***...
  5. Importing photos

Importing photos: I recently upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10. I have a Pentax camera which was on the previous version. Since the upgrade I tried to download photos from my camera to my laptop but all mention of my camera from the Device Manager has disappeared. When connecting...
  6. Importing Photos

Importing Photos: Hi, can you help me please! We are trying to import photos from 2 different ipads to one PC. Some photos are held on both ipads & as a result we now appear to have duplicate photos that have been scanned awaiting import although only one ipad is connected at any one time....
  7. Iphone HRD Photos not importing to PC

Iphone HRD Photos not importing to PC: Hi, I have tried to import my photos on a number of PCs this morning with not all photos importing. I have worked out its skipping or showing errors on all HDR photos? does anybody know how to import the HDR photos from iPhone to windows 10?...
  8. why won't my pc import photos from my phone ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why won't my pc import photos from my phone ?: why won't my pc import photos from my phone ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-pc-import-photos-from-my-phone/1a658c2e-5964-4b52-8f02-4a1843022269
  9. import photos from the phone to the PC

import photos from the phone to the PC: How can I import photos from the phone to the PC? I need to transfer images that I have in my Cell Phone to my PC, do I need to download some software?...
  10. photo import

photo import: windows 10 won't let me import photo's from my ipad pro - or my iphone - it does not seem to know it's there - I have said yes to the trust this computer when the message flashes up on my pad and phone but to no avail - HELP...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. complete guide to importing your photos

2. photos wont finish importing to computer

3. items found so far importing iphone but will freasse

4. photos wont finish importing