Windows 10: Photos Won't Default To My Photo Editing Program

Discus and support Photos Won't Default To My Photo Editing Program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm using a Sony a3000 camera, although I don't think that's the problem. When I download photos on my old computer, which is still running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rosebailey, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Photos Won't Default To My Photo Editing Program

I'm using a Sony a3000 camera, although I don't think that's the
    problem. When I download photos on my old computer, which is still
    running Windows7, my photos go straight to my default program,
    PaintshopPro. On my laptop, which has Windows 10, I have set PaintshopPro
    as the default, but when I connect the camera, I get a pop up to choose
    the device, either F:/ or PMHOME. When I choose F:/, I get a pop-up to
    start importing and it gives me the option where I want to import, but the photos
    end up in the Photos App in the Collections folder. I don't want to use the Photos
    app. I want them to go straight into PSP. How do I do that?

:)

rosebailey, Oct 29, 2015

2. photos won't open in windows 10

photo ap won't open, it is grayed out. Can't down load. Changed default photo view program to photo editor. Totally inconvenient. Can't see thumbnails.

lao nuguyen, Oct 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - defaul photo program

Original Title : frustrated in PA

Since downloading Win10, I cannot make Photo Explosion my default photo program. How do I inactivate or delete Win Photo Viewer, Paint, and Photo? They're not in my programs/uninstall list in Control Panel. Photo Explosion is on my computer, working, but
    cannot be set as default because it does not appear in the default programs list. How can I retrieve Photo Explosion as my default photo program.

BonnieDodge, Oct 29, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Photos Won't Default To My Photo Editing Program

F would actually be F:\ but what type drive is that? By default my Win10 computers see my cameras as additional drives and brings up choices where I can select File Explorer, allows choosing where I want the files and by default it's Pictures/My Pictures. Does the same with the built-in card readers using SDHC cards. I choose not to install the software that comes with the cameras as it usually doesn't do what I want, don't need Albums and such as provided by that software [the free Paint .NET does what I need]. I haven't used PaintShop Pro in several years [do have version X2 but not yet installed] but seems I remember a setting in PSP where one could choose a particular Folder for saving.

Berton, Oct 29, 2015
  5. Hi...thanks for your input! The F:\ drive is my camera. My computer is giving me choices as to where I want to download, but only after it drops them in their Photos app. When using Win7, my PSP program is set as the default and it automatically sends the photos straight to PSP. On the computer using Win10, I have to go through way too many steps to get the photos where I want them, even though I have PSP set as the default. I was hoping to avoid that, but from what I'm seeing, I don't think I can.

rosebailey, Oct 30, 2015
  6. Try this, connect your camera. Go to control panel, devices and printers.
    Your camera should eventually show up here.

Photos Won't Default To My Photo Editing Program [​IMG]

Double click your camera

Select import pictures and videos

Click more options and you should be able to specify the "import to" location.

Torquemada, Oct 30, 2015
  7. Thank you so much! That was just what I needed to do! *Smile

rosebailey, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Photos Won't Default To My Photo Editing Program

1. Photos Won't Default To My Photo Editing Program - Similar Threads - Photos Won't Default

2. Photo editing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo editing: I just got a new computer Windows 11. How do I crop a photo to 4x6? Everything is in ratios. Also is there a better photo editing program? I had Windows 8 before It had Windows Photo Viewer which was GREAT and the editing options were MUCH better than this program. Anyway to...
  3. Editing photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Editing photos: I can edit my photos from my Sony camera np problem but I am unable to do any editing on photos from my Samsung S10e mobile. The message 'oops, couldn't save that one' appears. Can you help me out with this please....
  4. Photo editing

Photo editing: When I type on a picture using the photo editor, the video creator is activated bottom of screen. Then when I try to save my edits to the photo, I get a message that I need to finish my video before I can save. Very frustrating. Something is corrupted in the video editing...
  5. Editing a Photo

Editing a Photo: On Paint, how do I cut out and save a circled object from a photo, after I draw the circle around it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/editing-a-photo/f810d7a1-834f-4502-b90e-e16ff5446f89
  6. Windows 10 Photo Edit program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Photo Edit program: After the last update on or about 9/7/19, the enhance feature on my windows 10 photo edit program is not working on my latest picture downloads. Weirdly, it still works on photos taken before that date, but not since. All the other features of the edit program are working....
  7. Editing photo

Editing photo: The enhance function hasn't been working for a week or so in Windows Photo Editor. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/editing-photo/ea707164-ce2d-4685-b11a-3652046487c5
  8. PHOTOS EDITING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PHOTOS EDITING: Some times after finishing editing ,clicking SAVE takes a long time to complete, sometimes never---Clicking ENHANCE most of the time does nothing, all other functions work OK RAY...
  9. Change default photo import program

Change default photo import program: Whenever I plug a photo card in to my PC, the new Photo Viewer program is launched (which doesn't find the card but that doesn't matter as I don't want to use that program anyway). How can I change the default import program to one of my choice (Lightroom). I can of course...
  10. Photos default program needs to be changed

Photos default program needs to be changed: I messed up big time while installing 10 or shortly after I logged in. Somewhere I unchecked Photos, Mail, Camera and something else. Photos are set to open with TWINUI in properties but has a popout saying 'Element can't be found.' but can be opened in Paint. Everything...