Windows 10: Photos won't import from iPhone to Photos app on Windows 10

Discus and support Photos won't import from iPhone to Photos app on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to import photos from my iPhone to Windows 10. I updated iTunes, updated my iPhone, have tried multiple cords, all of the ports on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AD_7, May 12, 2020.

1. AD_7 Win User

Photos won't import from iPhone to Photos app on Windows 10

I am trying to import photos from my iPhone to Windows 10. I updated iTunes, updated my iPhone, have tried multiple cords, all of the ports on the laptop, restarted my iPhone, restarted the computer. I have finally got it to begin the process of importing them but it stops once it has identified the number of photos on the phone. It's just stopped and there's no button to say next or anything to actually import them to the computer.

Any help would be appreciated!

:)

2. Javo Win User

iPhone Photos import to Windows 10 PC not working

I would like to troubleshoot my inability to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. I am an advanced user struggling to find relevant help on the internet since most results are unusable masked adverts for paid third party software.

I want to use it the following way

1. connect iPhone via USB to my Windows 10 PC
    2. open Microsoft "Photos" app
    3. click in the upper right on import > add from the device over USB
    4. select all photos and click import

4th step is where it fails, with no usable message.

• I have set the device as trusted on iPhone
    • I mostly don't see it in My Computer, therefore I cannot just copy
    • I tried uninstalling every driver and iTunes software
    • Despite not being visible in Windows Explorer, iTunes can always access the contents with no issue
    • it has a tiny moments when it starts working, but overall import fails sooner or later and never copies all 3k photos. Mostly MSPhotos don't show any content, just failure message, sometimes it shows it's content and acts as I can select what to import, but as described fails sooner or later
    • iTunes can successfully copy entire phone.

Other attempts
    • I tried multiple free 3rd party SW, all of them either failed or seemed like to be usable only after buying their extended version
    • I tried using iTunes for Syncing the Photos
      • I maybe don't know how to use it, or it is faulty too. But I've set the directory where my Photos should be synced, but sync seems to just backup the phone and creates tiny 'Photo Database file', but no photo actually gets copied onto PC.

3. importing photos from iphone 5 to windows 10

Hi Diana,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

• How are you trying to import photos from I phone
      to windows
    Follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Connect your iPhone to your PC using the connection cable provided by Apple. Check your iPhone screen now. You might see a notification with Trust option. Tap Trust option to continue. The moment Windows recognizes your iPhone,
    you will see a notification on the screen asking Tap to choose what happens with this device.

Click or tap the notification to see three options: Import photos and videos, Open device to view files, and Take no action. Click or tap
    Import photos and videos option. This action will open all photos on your iPhone in Windows 10’s Photos app.

Select photos and videos that you wish to import and then click or tap
    Import button to start copying all photos from your iPhone to PC. Once Photos app completes the transfer, you’ll see an option to open up the folder to view imported photos. You can also close Photos app if you would like to view photos later.
    If issue persist, kindly try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Connect the iPhone to Windows 10
      computer
    • Close the prompted window.
    • Press Windows + E key on the keyboard (it will show the phone as drive)
    • Now you can copy and paste the pictures & videos into your Windows drive.
    Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, May 12, 2020
  4. Photos won't import from iPhone to Photos app on Windows 10

Import photos iPhone 4S to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps

I would suggest you to run the app troubleshooter and then import the photos
    from the below link

Refer the link below and check if it helps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If this is the first time you are connecting the iPhone to your PC, you might a get a notification on your iPhone with trust option. Tap the Trust button to continue.

Step 1: Switch to the Start screen, click or tap Photos app tile to run the app.

Step 2: Right-click anywhere on the Photos app to see
    Import option in the lower right corner of the screen.

Step 3: Click or tap
    Import button to view list of all connected devices to your PC.

Step 4: Click or tap your iPhone entry, select photos and videos that you would like to import, and then click or tap
    Import button to start transferring selected photos and videos to your PC.

Place your computer in clean boot state and check if it helps.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anup Karkal, May 12, 2020
Thema:

Photos won't import from iPhone to Photos app on Windows 10

1. Photos won't import from iPhone to Photos app on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Photos won't import

2. Issues importing photos from my iPhone to the Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues importing photos from my iPhone to the Photos app: I have a fairly new iPhone and Windows 11. When I connect my phone to import photos, the PC recognizes the photos, but it doesn't recognize which ones have already been transferred to my PC. The old photos app did this every time. The photos are also completely out of order...
  3. Issues importing photos from my iPhone to the Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues importing photos from my iPhone to the Photos app: I have a fairly new iPhone and Windows 11. When I connect my phone to import photos, the PC recognizes the photos, but it doesn't recognize which ones have already been transferred to my PC. The old photos app did this every time. The photos are also completely out of order...
  4. Photos App Freeze during IPhone Photo Import

Photos App Freeze during IPhone Photo Import: Every time I attempt to import photos from IPhone X with Windows Photos App, it begins the "Looking for new photos and videos" screen, reaches the total number of photos and videos, then freezes. I have current version of windows, current version of IPhone software, the app...
  5. importing photos from iphone

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    importing photos from iphone: How do I import photos once my phone is connected to Microsoft or pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-photos-from-iphone/646153ff-8737-42bf-a7c8-ee7d9632b454"
  6. Photos app doesn't import photos from Iphone

Photos app doesn't import photos from Iphone: Hello, I'm trying to import my photos from Iphone X. Actually, I'm using Photos app, that Microsoft provided. Actually, I have 2 possible scenarios: 1. The application stop (is not responding) after initialization of 2000 photos 2. The application can initialize 2100...
  7. windows 10 stalls and won't finish importing photos from iphone

windows 10 stalls and won't finish importing photos from iphone: windows 10 stalls and won't finish importing photos from iphone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-stalls-and-wont-finish-importing-photos/b2bc80a9-18a5-4341-8a8c-71f6c413b5e2
  8. Import IPhone photos

Import IPhone photos: Photo app will not import photos from my iphone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-iphone-photos/b6bdda57-75d5-4fa4-86dc-f9bd39c200d9
  9. Import photos from iPhone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Import photos from iPhone: Can I specify a folder on my PC (Using Windows 10 Photos) to which photos must be imported from say an iPhone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-photos-from-iphone/a111df94-64f6-4273-a9f4-53e765ba4187"
  10. photo import from iphone.

photo import from iphone.: windows 10 import function does not recognize all my pictures for import https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/photo-import-from-iphone/6553a065-9f62-4ac3-8d97-9671b42df5bf