Windows 10: Photos you do not have permission to access.

Discus and support Photos you do not have permission to access. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I unlock photos Windows 10 to many photos to unlock one at time Pennyc1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PENNYC1, Nov 30, 2019.

1. PENNYC1 Win User

Photos you do not have permission to access.

How do I unlock photos

Windows 10

to many photos to unlock one at time

Pennyc1

:)

PENNYC1, Nov 30, 2019

2. "Photo Gallery can't open this photo because you do not have permission to access the file location."

Hello Robin,

We regret the inconvenience. let me assist you.

I suggest you to open Advanced User Accounts Control Panel to check if the user account you are referring to has administrative rights.

Follow the below steps.

• Press the Windows key and R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.
    • Enter netplwiz. The following window lists all the existing user accounts along with the designated privileges.

You can make changes to the user accounts (including editing permissions).

Note: You will need to have admin permissions to perform editing of user profiles.

Also suggest you to go through the article and follow the steps given. Here is the link for your reference.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

(Steps relevant for Windows 8 also applies to Windows 10)

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Unable to view photos and files as there is no permissions to access them on Windows 10

Hi Kiwi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the files, pictures on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to files and pictures?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to provide permission to the folder and check if that helps.

Steps to give permissions to the drive:

• Right-click on the folder which you’re unable to access and select
      Properties.

• Click on Security tab and under
      Group or user names
      click on Edit.

• Click on Add and type Everyone.

• Click on Check names and then click
      OK.

• Select Everyone and under
      Allow
      select Full control and click on
      Apply and Click Ok.

For reference go through the below article:

"Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the files and photos for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Photos you do not have permission to access.

Windows 10 Photos Permissions Error

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you are signed in as administrator.

I would like to inform you that it could be better, if you sign in as administrator and check if the issue persists.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to take the full control of the folder or files.

• Right-click the file or folder, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Under Group or user
      names
      , click your name to see the permissions you have.
    • The permissions for the selected user or group are shown in the lower portion of the properties dialog box.
    • Assign yourself “Full control” permission by checking the box for “Allow” for Full Control and check if you can access the drive.
    If the issue still persists, follow the below steps.

1. Type UAC or User Account Access on the search bar.

2. From UAC window, I suggest you to bring down the level to default and check if it helps.

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the folder permissions. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Photos you do not have permission to access.

1. Photos you do not have permission to access. - Similar Threads - Photos permission access

2. “You do not have permission to access this folder” and no security tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “You do not have permission to access this folder” and no security tab: Hello, I made a copy of my F drive and accidentally kept both the old one and the copy when I wiped my PC. Now I don’t have access to that drive on my local administrator account, I’ve looked in properties to go that route based one everything I’m finding online however there...
  3. Access denied you do not have permission to access this pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access denied you do not have permission to access this pc: After upgrading to Win 10 version 20H2 and then going back to version 2004 because 20H2 caused the PC to run to slow and some programs would not open. I now can no longer access the PC that went through the upgrade and then roll back by the other 2 PC's that did not go...
  4. "You Do Not Have a Permission to Access" a network computer

"You Do Not Have a Permission to Access" a network computer: I am running Windows 10 pro on two computer. One was upgraded I call PC and the other a new laptop I call LT. I set the network to share as per the instructions and I can read my files on my PC from my LT with no problem. However when I try to go read the files under the...
  5. You Do Not Have Permission To Access \\(computer name)

You Do Not Have Permission To Access \\(computer name): I have an in-home Private network with two computers connected through an Ethernet/WiFi router. The laptop is connected via WiFi and the desktop is connected via Ethernet. The laptop has full read/write access to all folders of the desktop. However the desktop receives the...
  6. You Do Not Have Permission To Access This Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    You Do Not Have Permission To Access This Device: Hello, I am having an issue that I have been working on for weeks now and have been unable to find a solution. It seems out of the blue, my computer has denied me permission to access any and all removable media through usb. All my thumb-drives, all my sd-readers, and two...
  7. You Do Not Have Permission To Access This Device

in Windows 10 Support
    You Do Not Have Permission To Access This Device: Hello, I am having an issue that I have been working on for weeks now and have been unable to find a solution. It seems out of the blue, my computer has denied me permission to access any and all removable media through usb. All my thumb-drives, all my sd-readers, and two...
  8. You do not have permission to access this folder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    You do not have permission to access this folder: I have recently installed Ubandu 18.10 on a rack server, and have a 400Gb+ntfs partion which I have files on, and shared that folder using samba. (I have even included a guest share in the samba setting). On both of my windows 10 machines (desktop and laptop), I can see...
  9. You do not have permission to access \\PC123

You do not have permission to access \\PC123: Hi, I have 4 PCs on my home network of which 2 are running under Win7 and are part of a Home group and 2 running under Win10 that cannot join my Home group. In File Explorer on PCs running under Win7, I can see an icon named Home group. I can access each other PCs running...
  10. You do not have permission to access \\johndoe.

You do not have permission to access \\johndoe.: I have three computers that share files on one of the three. We have had no problems doing this until recently. Now I can find files on that computer by clicking on a Quick Access folder, which is on that computer, but I cannot save files there. In order to do so, I have...