Windows 10: Photos

Discus and support Photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In my photo gallery it shows that I have over 300 photos in an album but I am only seeing 6 pictures when I open the album. Why would this be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by keishabennett, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Photos

In my photo gallery it shows that I have over 300 photos in an album but I am only seeing 6 pictures when I open the album. Why would this be happening?

T.I.A.

:)

keishabennett, Sep 7, 2018
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done *Smile I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Photos

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Photos

1. Photos - Similar Threads - Photos

2. Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos: I have a video that is 36 minutes long, but every time I export it, it makes it to 60% then stops. It saves 60% of the video and the export is 20ish minutes. I have tried small, medium, and large. None get me the full video....
  3. saved frames from video in Microsoft Photos have a black line

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    saved frames from video in Microsoft Photos have a black line: whenever i try to save frames from a video in Microsoft Photos, a black line appears on the side in the saved photo - is there a way to prevent this?...
  4. Metadata & Tags in photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Metadata & Tags in photos: I have a folder of 250 photos with various tags applied to each of them. The photos are at full resolution. I need to down res the 250 photos and place in another folder. If I resize these photos but keep the same photo names, is it possible to copy the metadata tags and...
  5. Groove Music change the album photo

Groove Music change the album photo: When i tried to change the photo album because it messed up i let 10 mins and it did not change why ? [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-change-the-album-photo/46984a48-d4ca-4d2e-aa96-b29f989c646b
  6. Photos

Photos: What is the best way to organize all of my photos and videos? I'm have photos on Win10, Iphone, and Ipad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos/99b4febc-2bb8-494c-91ff-6470f29061c9
  7. Dell webcam error 0XA00F424F>0X80004005 Camera cannot save photo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell webcam error 0XA00F424F>0X80004005 Camera cannot save photo: After taking photo, receive error message: cannot save photo: error 0X00F424F>0X80004005. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-webcam-error-0xa00f424f0x80004005-camera/78c0b386-bc5a-4ad7-86d6-b7d4e91853b9
  8. Photo app -

Photo app -: how do I convert an album created by the photo app into a folder on my computer - where does the app store the albums created? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-app/ff5dc623-1e1e-4be7-90f2-b8a9f6095ccd
  9. If I replace the default Windows photo viewer, while I be able to see my images in their...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    If I replace the default Windows photo viewer, while I be able to see my images in their...: Would I lose the ability to see the images right in File Explorer. Do you know if the XNshell Extension for File Explorer only allows me to preview the image in the context menu or will allow me to see the images in the folder?...
  10. Microsoft Photo App crashing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Photo App crashing: I cannot open the Microsoft Photo App since it crashes instantly. Troubleshooting and resetting this app didn’t help/ Any fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photo-app-crashing/ded2a77d-f109-4426-87f7-5f020cf3041f"