Windows 10: Photos

Discus and support Photos in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot access my pic"s and photos for any length of time before it shut off and goes back to mail or any thing else that the photo is to be attached... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JOHNHOZEN, Oct 18, 2020 at 1:12 PM.

1. JOHNHOZEN Win User

Photos

I cannot access my pic"s and photos for any length of time before it shut off and goes back to mail or any thing else that the photo is to be attached to!

:)

2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Photos :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

3. Rose Cal Win User
    Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

4. Photos

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Thema:

Photos

1. Photos - Similar Threads - Photos

2. Photos App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos App: So I haven't updated Win10 since 2016 and to my painful mistake, I decided to give microsoft another shot with the updates. Aside the fact that it took me 3 days to disable this ridiculously invasive update which kept turning itself back on after I disabled it in services &...
  3. Pink hue on when loading camera photos?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pink hue on when loading camera photos?: Hello, I'm having problems loading photos on my windows 10 HP laptop. when I import photos taken on my canon 2000D to my laptop and try loading them either in photos or a photo editor it appears normally for a couple seconds then a pink hue shows up over the whole image....
  4. Background photos

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Background photos: Normally the background photo that is there when I open changes every day or two. I love these photos. They stopped changing and my background has been stuck on the same photo for weeks. How do I unstick it? I'm not talking about my desktop--I'm talking about the...
  5. photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    photos: How do I get my photos to stop opening in Microsoft paint https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos/32baf2c6-74db-4ed4-a027-f209f6013b45
  6. Microsoft photo when PC is turned on

Microsoft photo when PC is turned on: When I turn on my PC microsoft always displasy a beautiful photo. Lately, it no longer has writing on the photo so that I can put my cursor over "Like what you see" to find out where the photo was taken. Why did Microsoft stop doing this"...
  7. how to hide specific photos from slideshow

how to hide specific photos from slideshow: I want my screensaver to be a slideshow of all my photos, with just certain photos excluded. Is there a possibility to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-specific-photos-from-slideshow/fac53960-ba28-4564-8db8-a49e4b008ff0
  8. I would like to see my Onedrive photo folder on my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I would like to see my Onedrive photo folder on my PC: I see my onedrive photos on onedrive online but I don't see this photos folder on my PC. How do I get the phots folder on to my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-see-my-onedrive-photo-folder-on-my/0126b910-b237-460d-a3e3-557a4bea39df
  9. Photo not implemented

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo not implemented: When I edit a photo in Lightroom and then export it as a jpeg, when I go back into the photo I get and error message saying that my photo is "not implemented". This just recently started, possibly after a windows update. I have tried uninstalling the latest update and it did...
  10. Cannot open Photos in Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open Photos in Windows 10 Enterprise: I have gone through various steps to try and resolve this issue: sfc /scannow chkdsk powershell scripts reset and repair the Photos app and Microsoft Store Nothing has fixed it. I can't open files using the app, it comes up with error message saying "Windows cannot find...