Windows 10: Photoshop and blender won't open, tried literally everything.

Discus and support Photoshop and blender won't open, tried literally everything. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I tried: Restarting Reinstalling Updating drivers Checked for corrupted drivers did /sfc scannow did chkdsk /f Updated windows Tried the uninstall and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Noiet, May 3, 2020.

1. Noiet Win User

Photoshop and blender won't open, tried literally everything.

I tried: Restarting Reinstalling Updating drivers Checked for corrupted drivers did /sfc scannow did chkdsk /f Updated windows Tried the uninstall and reinstall the ntdll.dll file the error message said that the .dll was loaded but they couldnt proceed with stuff and many more generic things The problem also affects photoshop, and apparently gives the following error message: " Faulting application name: blender.exe, version: 2.8.0.0, timestamp: 0x5ca53d4f Faulty module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.778, timestamp: 0x3dcfaabb Exception code: 0xc0000374 Fault offset: 0x000dfa1d Failed process ID: 0x374c Failed application start time: 0x01d620ebdd0e4657 Faulting application path: C: \ Users \ eu \ Downloads \ blender-2.80-3464a534770b-win32 \ blender-2.80.0-git.3464a534770b-windows32 \ blender.exe Failed module path: C: \ WINDOWS \ SYSTEM32 \ ntdll.dll Report ID: 35dbb566-f809-4265-96aa-c61dbbc78c99 Failed package full name: Application ID for the failed package:" i'm pretty sure my pc has the minimum requirements. god help me, i'm for more than 3 days without being to do any **** on blender or photoshop

:)

Noiet, May 3, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How can I open an .obj file in Blender

Hi Joshy

Setting File Associations in Windows 10 is currently a bit buggy

Right click an obj file, choose 'Open WIth' - Choose Another App

IMPORTANT - Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open objx . . .'

If Blender is not in the list, scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

Again if Blender is not in the list, at the bottom, click 'Look for another app on this PC', then navigate to find the blender executable and choose that

That is located here:

C:/program files (x86)/blender foundation/blender/blender.exe

That's It, once that is done, you should be able to double click an obj file to open it in Blender . . .

DaveM121, May 3, 2020
  3. shytot Win User
    Can't Select Photoshop as a Default App

Hi
    I've just downloaded Photoshop CC2018 and tried to make it the default photo viewer, but it does not appear in the list of apps that I can select from. Have also tried doing the same for opening .jpg files, but just the same, no Photoshop! I have rebooted the system a couple of times but it makes no difference.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

shytot, May 3, 2020
  4. denesb Win User

Display problems with Blender and Photoshop (etc...)

Hello!

I am experiencing some display Problems with graphic programs like Blender or Photoshop.

I have updated my system from Win7 a few month ago. Everything was functioning smoothly before.

Since then, performance needing graphic programs have this problem:

Photoshop and blender won't open, tried literally everything. [​IMG]

During scrolling, parts of the picture freezes and updating only if I move the scene again.
    Other example if I select a part of a mesh, I can't see the selection marked, I have to move the picture again.
    I hope I don't have to explain how disturbing this is...

Same phenomenon in Photoshop, after making some changes, I can't see whats happend, I have to take some action (like zooming in or out) to update the image I am seeing.

I have tried to update the graphic card drivers, everything should be up to date. (15.200.1065.0)
    I have tried several tipps from around the internet, nothing helped.

Hope you have some ideas to solve this, I wouldn't be happy to downgrade back to Win7 in order to be able to work with graphic programs again...

Many thanks in advance!

denesb, May 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Photoshop and blender won't open, tried literally everything. - Similar Threads - Photoshop blender won't

2. Blender won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blender won't open: Please help, it appears that blender won't open up on my computer no more for some reason. I'm using msi laptop windows 11 home. Blender is from thr steam community. This hasn't happened before but please help, thank you....
  3. Blender won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blender won't open: Please help, it appears that blender won't open up on my computer no more for some reason. I'm using msi laptop windows 11 home. Blender is from thr steam community. This hasn't happened before but please help, thank you....
  4. 0xc000021a BSOD Loop // Tried Literally Everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0xc000021a BSOD Loop // Tried Literally Everything: Hello,Over the past year or so my gaming PC has been subjected to the occasional BSOD, usually I just uninstall unnecessary 3rd party apps and my PC is fine. The usual stop code I receive is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. But last week when I received a BSOD I got that exact stop...
  5. Everything is bigger! Literally Everything!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything is bigger! Literally Everything!: The text, and the icons are bigger. On every program I use. How do I fix this? How do I make it default size again? submitted by /u/ShirubaMasuta [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k0vj76/everything_is_bigger_literally_everything/
  6. Audio not working, I've tried LITERALLY EVERYTHING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio not working, I've tried LITERALLY EVERYTHING: Hey guys, so I was using my laptop this afternoon and went out for a walk. When I came back, my audio wasn't working at all. At first the toolbar audio icon said there is no audio devices, so I did some tweaking and looking at videos and fixed that. However, there is still no...
  7. Blender, photoshop simply won't open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blender, photoshop simply won't open.: I tried: Restarting Reinstalling Updating drivers Checked for corrupted drivers did /sfc scannow did chkdsk /f Updated windows Tried the uninstall and reinstall the ntdll.dll file (the error message said that the .dll was loaded but they couldnt proceed with stuff...
  8. CANNOT UPDATE WINDOWS TRIED LITERALLY EVERYTHING

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CANNOT UPDATE WINDOWS TRIED LITERALLY EVERYTHING: "We couldn't complete the update undoing changes" Is the message I have seen every time I try to update my pc to ----> Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems KB4549951 Also for some reason only every second or third restart I get the option to...
  9. 100% Disk Usage -i literally tried everything-

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% Disk Usage -i literally tried everything-: Hi! So, as i said in the title since yesterday my computer is running so slow and i barely can listen to some music or surfing on the internet, especially playing games, i mean i couldn't even listen to some music. Whatever i tried everything Disable DiagTrack Disable...
  10. Display problems with Blender and Photoshop (etc...)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display problems with Blender and Photoshop (etc...): Hello! I am experiencing some display Problems with graphic programs like Blender or Photoshop. I have updated my system from Win7 a few month ago. Everything was functioning smoothly before. Since then, performance needing graphic programs have this problem: [img]...