Windows 10: Photoshop CS4 doesn't recognize two of my network printers under W10

Discus and support Photoshop CS4 doesn't recognize two of my network printers under W10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A thousand apologies. I tried again to sort out my Canon iP7260 with Photoshop CS4 and at last found the button I needed. With Photoshop CS2, pressing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by stony41, Mar 14, 2016.

1. stony41 Win User

Photoshop CS4 doesn't recognize two of my network printers under W10

A thousand apologies. I tried again to sort out my Canon iP7260 with Photoshop CS4 and at last found the button I needed. With Photoshop CS2, pressing Print immediately comes up with a Print box that has the name of the currently selected printer and a Properties button that immediately leads to settings options with that printer. With Photoshop CS4, one needs to press Page Setup... to get to printer settings. But not with all printers! I was thrown by my HP K5300 immediately coming up with settings if I pressed Print at the bottom of Adobe's Print box, but the other printers came up with an Adobe error message. Why the changes in printing procedures from CS2 to CS4 is baffling and bewildering, but I have finally got there.

Adobe's error message that suggested that I didn't have a printer installed also confused me, as it has been widely reported to occur with both Photoshop and Acrobat, but in my case it was a red herring.

Thanks again for your suggestions. They certainly kept me looking for an answer. I was also encouraged to do so by a friend who also told me that he had no problem printing with Photoshop CS4.

stony41, Mar 26, 2016
  2. stony41 Win User

I spoke too soon. Before turning off for the night I again tried printing in Photoshop CS4 with the printers that had been giving the problem and the error message reappeared. Just what is upsetting Adobe is beyond me. In Photoshop CS2 the printing is all governed by printer drivers. Adobe popping up its own Print box that doesn't seem to serve much purpose before the printer driver gets into the act may be the factor. I just didn't anticipate that printing in PCS4 would be so different from printing in PCS2.

stony41, Mar 26, 2016
  3. stony41 Win User
    I quote from the Chron site: 'There are several potential problems that may prevent Adobe Photoshop CS4 from recognizing your printer, even if your printer is installed properly and recognized by other programs on your computer. While Adobe has announced that Photoshop CS5 has resolved these issues, it may not be within your business's budget to upgrade to a newer product for the sake of printing from Photoshop CS4.' The article goes on suggest some ways of overcoming the problem, but naturally none worked for me.

Looks as if I should have bought CS5 instead. It would have been cheaper than CS4 as it turns out.

stony41, Mar 27, 2016
  4. stony41 Win User

I have returned CS4 and have replaced it with CS5, with some extra cost. As the Chron website reported, Adobe fixed printing in CS5 so that all users can print properly from Photoshop. Better later than never, Adobe.

stony41, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Photoshop CS4 doesn't recognize two of my network printers under W10 - Similar Threads - Photoshop CS4 doesn't

2. Why my printer doesn't recognize PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my printer doesn't recognize PC?: Today I tried using the scan function, printer says not connected to PC. Connected it to new router/network. Put the CD in again and installed HP Smart. All to no avail, yet I can print a screen from my PC. I have not tried the fax as of yet. I THOUGHT this was easy, but not...
  3. Why my printer doesn't recognize PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my printer doesn't recognize PC?: Today I tried using the scan function, printer says not connected to PC. Connected it to new router/network. Put the CD in again and installed HP Smart. All to no avail, yet I can print a screen from my PC. I have not tried the fax as of yet. I THOUGHT this was easy, but not...
  4. Network printer online, but is not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network printer online, but is not recognized: I have a Cannon network laser printer and have verified that it is on line and connected to the network. I am unable to print from any program, it says when it does that the "Print Spooler is not running, however when I go to the services it shows that the spooler is running....
  5. Network printer online, but is not recognized

Network printer online, but is not recognized: I have a Cannon network laser printer and have verified that it is on line and connected to the network. I am unable to print from any program, it says when it does that the "Print Spooler is not running, however when I go to the services it shows that the spooler is running....
  6. Printer drivers are not accessible/recognized under Windows 11 on my laptop

Printer drivers are not accessible/recognized under Windows 11 on my laptop: When I upgare to Windows 11 on my laptop all printers which i use stop to function and it is not possible to print. I unistall all printers including drivers and install again, but if the device is multifunction the scanners only work. For printers it apperars under the...
  7. Network printer not recognize by my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network printer not recognize by my pc: HP Deskjet 2332 After updating from Windows 8 to Windows 10 my network printer is refusing to connect. When I go to printer settings and search for available printer it doesn't shows up. I'm afraid if it's compatible with new windows or not....
  8. Network printer not recognized in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network printer not recognized in Windows 10: I have two Windows 10 workstations and a Canon Pixma printer on my home network. One workstation can detect the printer and the other cannot (although it did until about a week ago). Why would this be happening? I am 99% sure it is not the printer settings, but an OS...
  9. Windows 10 not recognizing network printers

Windows 10 not recognizing network printers: This is the problem: whenever I bring my laptop computer turned on (sleep mode or totally on) into my office, automatically detecting my workgroup at the office and connecting to it, and send a document to print, windows sends the message saying that the printer is offline,...
  10. Network doesn't see printer

Network doesn't see printer: Windows 7 computer doesn't recognize printer on Windows 10 computer, ethernet network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-doesnt-see-printer/205cba90-60dd-4d43-bee8-403159218d8c