Windows 10: Photoshop no longer working after latest Microsoft update

Discus and support Photoshop no longer working after latest Microsoft update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I received a message from Microsoft for a periodic update to my system Windows 10. Now I can no longer launch my Photoshop application. I receive the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MikeSchany, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Photoshop no longer working after latest Microsoft update

I received a message from Microsoft for a periodic update to my system Windows 10. Now I can no longer launch my Photoshop application. I receive the following error message: "Unable to continue because of a hardware or system error. Sorry, but this error is unrecoverable." My application was working fine before the system update. Any advice?

:)

MikeSchany, Oct 29, 2020

2. Since the latest Windows 10 update Photoshop Elements 15 will no longer work

Since the latest windows 10 update Photoshop elements 15 will no longer work It will launch but then when I try to do anything get various error messages. It was working fine the day before the upgrade

AngelaSpicer, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Photoshop 5 worked a couple times in Windows 10

Hi Patricia,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand how it feels when things doesn't work as expected.

Method 1: I suggest you to reinstalling Adobe Photoshop 5 and check if it helps.

Method 2: If the issues persists, try to reinstall Adobe Photoshop in compatibility mode and check if it helps. This might have caused due to any compatibility issues.

Follow these steps for installing Photoshop in compatibility mode.

• Place the applications installation file on the Desktop.
    • Right Click the applications installation file and select
      Properties/Compatibility Tab. Select the appropriate options from the list in the following image.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Sudharshan M K, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Photoshop no longer working after latest Microsoft update

Unable to keep Microsoft Solitare Collection and Photoshop Express working for Windows 10.

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing with Microsoft Solitaire collection and Photoshop Express?

• Are you not able to open Microsoft Solitaire collection and Photoshop Express?

• What exactly happens when you try to open Microsoft Solitaire collection and Photoshop Express?

• Are you getting any error message?

As a work around, I suggest you to run Window Store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows Key +X.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on Windows Store app
      to run the troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Photoshop no longer working after latest Microsoft update

1. Photoshop no longer working after latest Microsoft update - Similar Threads - Photoshop longer working

2. 3D builder no longer works after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D builder no longer works after latest windows update: I bought a new computer earlier this year with windows 11 home. I installed Microsoft 3D builder app and had been using it regularly worked fine. once the windows update on May10th, 2022 it no longer works. I can open the app and insert shapes, but when it comes to open a...
  3. 3D builder no longer works after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D builder no longer works after latest windows update: I bought a new computer earlier this year with windows 11 home. I installed Microsoft 3D builder app and had been using it regularly worked fine. once the windows update on May10th, 2022 it no longer works. I can open the app and insert shapes, but when it comes to open a...
  4. Realtek Audio Control no longer working after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Control no longer working after latest update: I've been using the Realtek Audio Control app from the MS Store for configuring the Realtek 5-channel audio on my Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite motherboard. Since the latest Windows update this app seems to have disappeared. When I tried to update it from the MS Store I got an...
  5. Realtek Audio Control no longer working after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Control no longer working after latest update: I've been using the Realtek Audio Control app from the MS Store for configuring the Realtek 5-channel audio on my Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite motherboard. Since the latest Windows update this app seems to have disappeared. When I tried to update it from the MS Store I got an...
  6. Realtek Audio Control no longer working after latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Photoshop not opening after latest window 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Photoshop not opening after latest window 10 update: Photoshop not opening after latest window 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photoshop-not-opening-after-latest-window-10/0b07af16-9d2b-4f06-a856-e5d2b510f2b2
  8. Usb Mouse no longer working after latest Window's Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb Mouse no longer working after latest Window's Update: The latest Window's update stopped my usb mouse from working. It was working fine right before the update. I've tried troubleshooting and nothing has fixed the issue. The mouse works on other computers, and I've tried a different mouse so that's not the problem either. Any...
  9. VPN no longer working after latest MS update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VPN no longer working after latest MS update: Hi, Your company updated my system to the latest version of Windows 10 yesterday evening and now when I try to log in to my VPN it doesn't work - just hangs saying 'connecting' without giving me the window to enter my user name and password. I notice a number of other...
  10. Since the latest Windows 10 update Photoshop Elements 15 will no longer work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since the latest Windows 10 update Photoshop Elements 15 will no longer work: Since the latest windows 10 update Photoshop elements 15 will no longer work It will launch but then when I try to do anything get various error messages. It was working fine the day before the upgrade...