Windows 10: Photoshop very laggy and slow after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Photoshop very laggy and slow after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, have major lag after updating to Windows 10. When I was working in Windows 7, my computer and Photoshop had managed this without any issues. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vlwd7, May 14, 2020.

1. Vlwd7 Win User

Photoshop very laggy and slow after Windows 10 update

Hi, have major lag after updating to Windows 10. When I was working in Windows 7, my computer and Photoshop had managed this without any issues. After installing Windows 10 and running Photoshop I can't do any sort of paint stroke or editing without major lag. The stroke of paint with a normal soft brush won't even reach the end of where I am painting. It will stop around 3/4 of the way if I let go and if I hold my pen down it will continue to slowly make it's way to my cursor. I tried to reinstall, however the same problem with the lag. For those who know the problem, please help me.

P.S. I also found other users who encountered this problem, however their instructions did not help me.

:)

Vlwd7, May 14, 2020

2. Photoshop (any) very laggy and slow after Windows 10 update

Yesterday my Windows 10 had an update.

Before this, Photoshop CS6 was well and I used it as I have always used.

After this update, it become extremely laggy. The zoom zooms not instantly, but lagging... Retangular marquee selection does not appear anymore when I select something with it (but the selection IS there, just invisible) and this selection, when it appears,
    appears all diferent, it is still a shape of a square, but the image is a square with a lot of selection lines and smaller squares inside the bigger one that wasn't supposed to be there.. because the selection is just a square.

when I try to go "deeper" in the image (as I have always done... since always), it starts to be so laggy it turns impossible to use.

and the image, when it is not with the zoom, look extremely pixeled and ugly...

and does not open JPG files anymore.

I have reinstalled photoshop several times (6 or 7 total), upgraded to the last version (but it appears my notebook cannot handle the last version)

I have instaled the Photoshop 2017 (higher than my old one but lower than the last one), and it had the same problems the CS6 (that I have used since I got my notebook... with windows 10, for more than a year, until yesterday's update)

Thank you very much for the attention given.

PedroLucasLC, May 14, 2020
  3. sandman- Win User
    Slow & Laggy PC

Hello,

So, a few months ago i decided to upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10 Home, everything went though smoothly. a month later i decided to upgrade to windows 10 pro. after upgrading my pc has became extremely slow and laggy. i can barely watch videos, play
    games, web page load extremely slow, everything just slow. so i thought maybe windows 10 pro just isnt for me, so i downgraded back to windows 10 home and everything is still the same, slow and laggy and my CPU and RAM always 100% even when i just have chrome
    open. i deleted the windows.old folder, did a clean install but nothing works. any suggestion?

My pc is a Dell System Inspiron N7110

installed memory ram: 4.00 GB (3.90) GB unstable

Here's a link to my pc test results page

Dell System Inspiron N7110 Performance Results - UserBenchmark

sandman-, May 14, 2020
  4. Photoshop very laggy and slow after Windows 10 update

How can I change my default view of images to my Photoshop jpeg format?

If that's the case, kindly try these steps and see if this resolves the issue:

• Open File Explorer, then right-click on a JPEG file.
    • Select Properties, then click Change beside
      Opens with.
    • Select Photoshop. If Photoshop is not on the list, select
      Look for another app on this PC
    • From the list, select Photoshop.

If the Photoshop app is missing, we highly suggest that you update the app or uninstall; then reinstall the Photoshop app through Windows Store.

Get back to us should you need further help.

Vanessa Oca, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Photoshop very laggy and slow after Windows 10 update

1. Photoshop very laggy and slow after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Photoshop very laggy

2. My PC is suddenly very slow and laggy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is suddenly very slow and laggy: I have an ASUS TUF Dash F15 that I purchased back in July. The performance has been nothing but amazing. However, since late November, I've been experiencing a lot of lag in switching tabs, opening new windows, opening apps, and even things like typing become slow and my...
  3. My PC is suddenly very slow and laggy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC is suddenly very slow and laggy: I have an ASUS TUF Dash F15 that I purchased back in July. The performance has been nothing but amazing. However, since late November, I've been experiencing a lot of lag in switching tabs, opening new windows, opening apps, and even things like typing become slow and my...
  4. My PC is suddenly very slow and laggy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows is very slow after update

Windows is very slow after update: Greetings! Is there a recent announcement from MS that the latest update has a / some problem[s]? Apparently, there is and I seem to encounter it. My windows is very slow now after the upgrade. We have a fairly new laptop; about five months old. The CPU is Core...
  6. Windows is laggy and slow after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is laggy and slow after 20H2 update: Hi, I've recently decided to update my windows 10 machine to 20H2 in order to use some WSL 2 features. I have noticed, however, that my PC gets annoyingly laggy when using the Windows Terminal, WSL, Chrome or just by opening any other program. Has anyone ever had this problem...
  7. Windows 10 is slow and laggy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 is slow and laggy: It's been like this for a month. I think an windows 10 update caused it. My specs: Intel Pentium G3220T, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB 7200 RPM HDD, Intel HD Integrated Graphics: GT1, 4400 GT2, 4600 GT2 I'm using HP Pavilion 21-h116 (its probably 6 years old) submitted by...
  8. SLOW AND LAGGY WINDOW 10

SLOW AND LAGGY WINDOW 10: hey Microsoft, I am your very old user. ive used your every windows. but recently i bought a new pc for my study purpose. After sometime when i just got used to this window this window 10 STARTED LAGGING AND BEING SLOW which was not right. my background purchases sometimes...
  9. Windows 10 very laggy and slow booting

Windows 10 very laggy and slow booting: Hello, my laptop suddenly has a severe lag, my mouse cursor also same as it. What I do is go to automatic repair to do safe mode without networking and the results are not much different as normal mode. And then i tried start up repair, it didn't work. Then I do a reset...
  10. Windows 10 laggy and slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 laggy and slow: i own a Lenovo Ip320 80xl specs: i5 7th gen 1tb hdd 8gb ram 2gb nvidia 940mx graphics newer verison of windows 10 like build 1803, 1709 all performs so slow in everything like opening file explorer, this pc, idm all apps slow boot times and shut downs all things are so...