Windows 10: PhotoViewer and App disappeared

Discus and support PhotoViewer and App disappeared in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my photo viewer is gone and the app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JustJim#8, Feb 12, 2020.

1. JustJim#8 Win User

PhotoViewer and App disappeared

my photo viewer is gone and the app

:)

JustJim#8, Feb 12, 2020

2. The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Feb 12, 2020
  3. pls2337 Win User
    Disappearing Apps

My Windows 10 apps have disappeared and I cannot even open the start menu, I need help getting them back, any suggestions?

pls2337, Feb 12, 2020
  4. toonde2 Win User

Windows Photoviewer - Can I, and how, change the background-color of the app. ?

Original Title - Windows Photoviewer

Can I, and how, change the background-color of the app. ?

Thanks

toonde2, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

1. PhotoViewer and App disappeared - Similar Threads - PhotoViewer App disappeared

2. Apps Disappearing !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps Disappearing !: Hello. I Have a problem that my Window`s Normal Apps I Mean Microsoft Store_ Paint 3D_Mail etc. Gets Deleted Automatically . Im sure dont have a malware or not deleting them myself . they just disappear and turn into the picture icon. I Wanted to know is Windows Deleting them...
  3. Apps Disappearing !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps Disappearing !: Hello. I Have a problem that my Window`s Normal Apps I Mean Microsoft Store_ Paint 3D_Mail etc. Gets Deleted Automatically . Im sure dont have a malware or not deleting them myself . they just disappear and turn into the picture icon. I Wanted to know is Windows Deleting them...
  4. apps disappeared

apps disappeared: i had a app called discord on my surface tablet now its gone and it wont download. i get a error message that says setup log i click on setup log it brings me to Squirrel setup notepad. i dont want to reset my tablet and lose everything can anyone help please?...
  5. Photoviewer

Photoviewer: Photo viewer app goes black screen when trying to open then turns off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photoviewer/0c7157b9-144e-414c-ac2e-cad5593554b4
  6. Disappearing apps

Disappearing apps: Did a reset due to running not right. All seemed to be going ok but has now got no mail app, no store, no photo viewer. If I go to default apps to select one, it says there are no apps to chose from. If I go to the store in the browser and find the mail app, click on 'get'...
  7. wind 10 photoviewer is not user friendly

wind 10 photoviewer is not user friendly: i import photos for tax purposes. i dont need to edit or look at them, i just want to import to a file. windows photoviewer doesnt seem to allow the creation of new files. at least not easily and intuitively! I downloaded to faststone to use instead and even though it is...
  8. Disappearing Apps

Disappearing Apps: My Windows 10 apps have disappeared and I cannot even open the start menu, I need help getting them back, any suggestions? 20759
  9. apps disappearing

apps disappearing: I have recently updated windows 10 and find that some apps have stopped working, for instance Facebook and ITV Player/Hub. I am annoyed with this, especially with Facebook, as I am unable to log in with my original account, as it rejects every password I have tried. Could...
  10. App store and apps disappeared

App store and apps disappeared: Suddenly I have got the entries below,which do not respond to clicking. e.g News app is visible as tile and updating but cannot get full screen. On programs list I have: @ MicrosoftBingNews 4.8.239.0X86 _8weekb3d8bbwe?ms-resources/microsoft Bing...