Windows 10: .php is not recognized as a file extension by windows 11

Discus and support .php is not recognized as a file extension by windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I HAVE BEEN BANGING MY HEAD FOR WEEKS NOW BUT I CAN'T SOLVE THIS PROBLEM! Whenever I try to choose the default app for the .php extension, .php doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ArchitGargi, May 14, 2022.

1. .php is not recognized as a file extension by windows 11

I HAVE BEEN BANGING MY HEAD FOR WEEKS NOW BUT I CAN'T SOLVE THIS PROBLEM! Whenever I try to choose the default app for the .php extension, .php doesn't show up in the list of extensions. HOW TO SOLVE THIS!?!

:)

ArchitGargi, May 14, 2022
  2. AlonzoUt Win User

file explorer preview php extension files

File Explorer cannot preview files with extension php, which are text files,

please advise how to do this

AlonzoUt, May 14, 2022
  3. khim555 Win User
    Restore .php file extension

Hi Brink,

I need some help here. How do i restore my .php file extension because i accidentally use "notepad" apps to open with this ext. I trying to migrate my wordpress site but made the made the blunder, and not sure what type of apps to open the .php file extension, so use the wrong one..

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

khim

khim555, May 14, 2022
  4. .php is not recognized as a file extension by windows 11

Default file extension - cannot save file name as .php in notepad.

You're very welcome Niko.

>>I knew that is something general in windows, not just in WordPad....

Yes. you were spot on...

>> why it went wrong after this update and why not on other computer

On the other computer, may be you can check if .php is listed in the file types. You can check that via Control Panel > Default Programs > "Associate a file type or protocol..." option.

.php is not recognized as a file extension by windows 11 5aa89c3e-09a0-49fd-a16d-8b0d031fd579.png

It's possible that .php is listed in the other system (where Wordpad doesn't add double extensions.) Also, compare the build numbers of both the systems.

Ramesh Srinivasan, May 14, 2022
Thema:

.php is not recognized as a file extension by windows 11

1. .php is not recognized as a file extension by windows 11 - Similar Threads - php recognized file

2. Windows 11 search no longer finds php or yml files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 search no longer finds php or yml files: I am using Windows 11 Pro 23H2I've used php and yml files in Windows for years for quick retrieval of plain text snippets. For various reasons, I need .txt to open in MS Word, but I have php and yml set to open in Notepad++.So, for several years, my workflow has been:Click...
  3. Windows 11 search no longer finds php or yml files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 search no longer finds php or yml files: I am using Windows 11 Pro 23H2I've used php and yml files in Windows for years for quick retrieval of plain text snippets. For various reasons, I need .txt to open in MS Word, but I have php and yml set to open in Notepad++.So, for several years, my workflow has been:Click...
  4. Is there an HEVC file extension for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there an HEVC file extension for Windows 11?: I bought the file extension for my Windows 10 computer but I now own a Windows 11 computer. I was going to install the extension on my new computer but when I go to the Microsoft store, it says it's for Windows 10. Do I install this version or is there once specific for...
  5. Is there an HEVC file extension for Windows 11?

Is there an HEVC file extension for Windows 11?: I bought the file extension for my Windows 10 computer but I now own a Windows 11 computer. I was going to install the extension on my new computer but when I go to the Microsoft store, it says it's for Windows 10. Do I install this version or is there once specific for...
  6. Windows 11 Sort Files By Extension

Windows 11 Sort Files By Extension: In the old days if you clicked on a list of files in a folder, it would alternate between sorting by name, file extension, file size, etc. Now it's different. You can select more than one field to sort on, and which fields to sort first, second, etc. The fields you select...
  7. Windows 11 Sort Files By Extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Sort Files By Extension: In the old days if you clicked on a list of files in a folder, it would alternate between sorting by name, file extension, file size, etc. Now it's different. You can select more than one field to sort on, and which fields to sort first, second, etc. The fields you select...
  8. .php is not recognized as a file extension by windows 11

.php is not recognized as a file extension by windows 11: I HAVE BEEN BANGING MY HEAD FOR WEEKS NOW BUT I CAN'T SOLVE THIS PROBLEM! Whenever I try to choose the default app for the .php extension, .php doesn't show up in the list of extensions. HOW TO SOLVE THIS!?!...
  9. php ini.Mcrypt PHP extension required.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    php ini.Mcrypt PHP extension required.: Where can I find my php ini. on windows 10 to enable or install it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/php-inimcrypt-php-extension-required/69c7f857-a936-4097-9e31-6b00ab344ed2
  10. file explorer preview php extension files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer preview php extension files: File Explorer cannot preview files with extension php, which are text files, please advise how to do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-preview-php-extension-files/d500ed8e-4e38-4c30-8517-f27180e54e16