Windows 10: Phrase suggestion incorrect

Discus and support Phrase suggestion incorrect in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; User has a saved phrase, example "business name Ind", but the suggestion is spelled incorrectly, shows up as "Business Nmae Ind". This is not an auto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kuskie, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Kuskie Win User

Phrase suggestion incorrect

User has a saved phrase, example "business name Ind", but the suggestion is spelled incorrectly, shows up as "Business Nmae Ind".

This is not an auto complete, this is the suggestion press enter to complete the phrase.

I have looked in Options, Proofing, Auto Correct. That phrase is not in the list. Have also looked in Settings, Devices, Typing, typing insights off, did not work but cleared all of the categories, but still did not get rid of the miss-spelled word.

I am thinking this is a Windows issues not an Office issue. Need to find where to change the spelling or delete that entry.

:)

Kuskie, Feb 9, 2021

2. Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion

When I create a new message and start to type an address a list of suggestions pops up. The top one is incorrect and I want to delete it but it does NOT appear in my contacts. How can I get rid of it?

[Original subject: Live Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion]

JohnSchmitz1, Feb 9, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Phrase suggestion incorrect

challenge phrase

Hi and thanks for reaching out. My name is Anthony.

I'm Independent Advisor and I'm happy to assist you.

I came across to your post and wanted to assist.I hope we can work together to find a solution for you.

First, "Challenge Phrase" is a new approach taken by Microsoft to thwarting brute force attacks or cyber trespassers. This attack involves a simple process of trying all common or likely PIN codes over and over until the correct code is finally discovered.
    When a PIN gets entered incorrectly four times in a row, users are sent to a different screen where they are requires to enter a specific phrase.

May I know what are you trying to do before the challenge phrase prompted?

And what do you mean by nothing happens? Did this mean you where directed to another windows?

Kindly give further details so I can suggest or give you a step by step procedure to fix this.

Thank you and Keep Safe.

AnthonyLabramonte, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

Phrase suggestion incorrect

1. Phrase suggestion incorrect - Similar Threads - Phrase suggestion incorrect

2. Challenge Phrase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Challenge Phrase: How do I disable the ANNOYING Challenge Phrase? I've seen a dozen "fixes" on the Internet and none of them work. One option is to disable the PIN but the "Remove" button is grayed out. How do I enable this option?...
  3. Challenge Phrase

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Challenge Phrase: How do I disable the ANNOYING Challenge Phrase? I've seen a dozen "fixes" on the Internet and none of them work. One option is to disable the PIN but the "Remove" button is grayed out. How do I enable this option?...
  4. Challenge Phrase

Challenge Phrase: When I put the challenge phrase in and then my password it won’t allow me to sign in and it won’t allow me to do other sign in options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/challenge-phrase/68f1f103-ecea-4b08-a5f5-81545c7e080a
  5. Challenge phrase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Challenge phrase: I am trying to sign in my laptop but due to incorrect password now its asking for challenge phrase and I don't remember the challenge phrase. What should I do now, However I know the correct password....
  6. Challenge phrase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Challenge phrase: It's been about a week and every time I boot up my PC, it says to enter the challenge phrase. It works, but its annoying. I looked it up and they all talk about windows + r but I don't have a button to unclick/click that makes me not have to enter a password? I just want it...
  7. Challenge phrase

Challenge phrase: It's been about a week and every time I boot up my PC, it says to enter the challenge phrase. It works, but its annoying. I looked it up and they all talk about windows + r but I don't have a button to unclick/click that makes me not have to enter a password? I just want it...
  8. Challenge Phrase when Pin entered incorrectly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Challenge Phrase when Pin entered incorrectly: This came from being asked for the Challenge Phrase to unlock the computer when I had entered the wrong Pin to log into Windows. I cannot find a single legitimate answer to where this phrase is set or how to change it. Why is there no simple FAQ answer from Microsoft to...
  9. Challenge phrase

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Challenge phrase: Bought a new computer so want to sell old computer and clear hard drive. Windows is asking for my challenge phrase before I can do this. How can I find this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/challenge-phrase/2498d313-f6d1-45fb-a562-ca29bdd407bd
  10. Incorrect suggestions in email autofill

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Incorrect suggestions in email autofill: How can I delete an incorrect suggestion from the drop-down auto-fill for email addresses? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-suggestions-in-email-autofill/398b6fe3-7de9-4716-b181-2a4f7303b7e4