Windows 10: Phraseexpress, ftw and Microsoft Word NOT WORKING together

Discus and support Phraseexpress, ftw and Microsoft Word NOT WORKING together in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I am currently using Phraseexpress for Medical Transcription, along with the ftw transcriber (a stand-alone player) and trying to transcribe into word... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by viccin7, Dec 24, 2020.

1. viccin7 Win User

Phraseexpress, ftw and Microsoft Word NOT WORKING together

I am currently using Phraseexpress for Medical Transcription, along with the ftw transcriber (a stand-alone player) and trying to transcribe into word documents (365 subscription).

I have tried everything in my knowledge base including researching for hours on-end and cannot figure out why:
    PhraseExpress (expander program) just quits. No specific time, no apparent reason, just typing along at a fast pace and it completely stops. The program then absolutely will not work until I shut it down, and after so many times of that just to complete ONE report, I have to eventually uninstall and reinstall to get it going again.

Support is of NO HELP for either Phraseexpress or ftw. I have been using PE for over 18 years. I have a paid subscription (not cheap!) that basically is not working correctly and I had to switch back to the free program. I have over 19,000 entries.

This is my RIGHT HAND tool but I simply am losing money due to the time it is taking to complete reports, whereas in the past normally I can fly through reports when it is working correctly.

I even bought a brand new PC thinking it would help, and it seems worse than ever.

No one has been able to help me. CCleaner has not worked, bypassing McAfee on these programs has not worked. Multiple settings have not worked.

It has to be something in Word...

Right now, the PE expander is working perfectly. As soon as I open up a Word document, it will shut down.

I have tried so many settings in Word. I do not use the autocorrect, it is shut off.

When I do transcribe for another company on their platform, PE works fine.

I am not sure if it is the ftw transcriber or Microsoft Word, but something is negatively interfering.

Does anyone have ANY idea what is going wrong or happening? I have been a Medical Transcriptionist for close to 30 years and this is the worst issue I have ever had. Back in the 'old days' I worked for the hospitals and support was there whenever need, but now as an Independent Contractor, no such luck. I am on my own.

:)

viccin7, Dec 24, 2020

2. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Dec 24, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    microsoft word 2003

Is it just one file, or all your word files?

With the exception of Outlook, I have yet to find a reason to stop using Office 2000, 2003, and 2007. They open all the latest files just fine, and they work just fine.

newtekie1, Dec 24, 2020
  4. ex_reven Win User

Microsoft Word

OMG your my hero lol,
    it worked. Now all i need is to remove the "ize/ise" spelling difference
    il google just like you suggested and repost if it solves the problem *Smile Phraseexpress, ftw and Microsoft Word NOT WORKING together :)

ex_reven, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Phraseexpress, ftw and Microsoft Word NOT WORKING together - Similar Threads - Phraseexpress ftw Microsoft

2. Would this all work together?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Would this all work together?: Im trying to build a pc for under £750 and im wondering whether this would all work together and would it fit in the case? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/would-this-all-work-together/8d6dc065-3a0b-4598-941b-b75b79cf98e8
  3. Would this all work together?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Would this all work together?: Im trying to build a pc for under £750 and im wondering whether this would all work together and would it fit in the case? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/would-this-all-work-together/8d6dc065-3a0b-4598-941b-b75b79cf98e8
  4. Camera and mic not working together

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera and mic not working together: Desktop PC - the built in microphone works fine until the built in camera is opened. The video and mic need to be both working at the same time for video conference calls. All the privacy settings seem to be correct to allow both access....
  5. Camera and mic not working together

Camera and mic not working together: Desktop PC - the built in microphone works fine until the built in camera is opened. The video and mic need to be both working at the same time for video conference calls. All the privacy settings seem to be correct to allow both access....
  6. Microphone and headphone not working together.

Microphone and headphone not working together.: I recently got a new laptop and I can't get my microphone to work. I did every basic thing like setting privacy, setting default device, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. I spent 2 hrs doing everything I could. It's really weird, I got the microphone fixed twice but then...
  7. Microphone and headphone not working together.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone and headphone not working together.: I recently got a new laptop and I can't get my microphone to work. I did every basic thing like setting privacy, setting default device, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. I spent 2 hrs doing everything I could. It's really weird, I got the microphone fixed twice but then...
  8. Microphone and headphone not working together.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Rams do not work together

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rams do not work together: I have a 2 slot mobo and rams (8x2) do not properly work together. My pc crashes so much if i use them together but if i use them individually PC runs fine. Both rams company and frequency are same. Any solution except replacing them. submitted by /u/Farhan-Sidd [link]...
  10. Xerox 6125 and Microsoft Publisher not working together

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xerox 6125 and Microsoft Publisher not working together: After my update to Windows 10, when I print a document with multiple pages from Publisher, it prints double the number of copies I asked for if there are 2 pages in the document and quadruple the number of copies if there are 4 pages in the document. Also, the page...