Windows 10: Phrasing of "Devices associated with your family’s Microsoft account"

Discus and support Phrasing of "Devices associated with your family’s Microsoft account" in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Using the web portal, I am reviewing my devices and family devices in my account. There is wording that's confusing me. It's not clear what's being... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Spockit, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Spockit Win User

Phrasing of "Devices associated with your family’s Microsoft account"

Using the web portal, I am reviewing my devices and family devices in my account. There is wording that's confusing me. It's not clear what's being displayed in one case.

When using the Device View choice:

• Selecting a family member, the header reads: "Devices [name] has signed into with a Microsoft account" (name elided by me)
    • Selecting myself, the header reads: "Devices you have signed into with a Microsoft account"
    • Selecting everyone, the header reads: "Devices associated with your family’s Microsoft accounts"

Okay... so I have to be reading this wrong, but am I? I interpret the last header to mean devices that belong to my family -- not to any particular family member. Are there two separate categories: family devices (like a PC) and personal devices (like a phone)?

If I am wrong, I'd like someone from Microsoft to receive this feedback. Clearly, that last header can be taken two ways. I am just getting into Microsoft Family, and trying to learn the ropes. As a beginner, that phrasing is tripping me up. I'd like to believe I'm not the only beginner confused by that wording. Thank you so much.

:)

Spockit, Dec 3, 2018
  2. bonot1 Win User

Remove Device from Family Microsoft Account

Hello my son has somehow associated his Microsoft account (which is a Child account under our Family) with our main Windows 10 PC device. That device was already associated with my (main) Microsoft account. I cannot remove his Microsoft account from
    this device. When I login online to my Microsoft account, go to Family or Devices and click to Remove PC I go to a screen which says basically that this screen does not exist. Please there must be some way for me to simply remove the association between
    my son's Microsoft Account and this PC. Thanks.

bonot1, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Microsoft Account Family Settings: There is an account in my family I didn't create

Hi Andie,

Thank you for posting your response.

We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

As per the above information, I suggest that you refer to the steps below and check if you are bale to remove the unknown account.

• Sign in at account.microsoft.com/family with your Microsoft account on any PC or device
    • Click/tap on Remove under Adults in
      Your family
    • Click/tap on the adult account you want to remove, and click/tap on Remove
    • You (adult) and all other adults in family will now get an email confirming the adult has been removed from the family

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Phrasing of "Devices associated with your family’s Microsoft account"

Setting up microsoft accounts for family safety - Windows 10

Hi,

thanks for the reply, but having tried everything you suggested - again. I had tried all these things initially and only raised the question when I ran out of things to try!

I still get the same problem. When attempting to following the steps below, the problem occurs at step 3 - when trying to "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". This is where the unhelpful "Oops something went wrong" message occurs when entering the
    windows password "for the last time".

The child's Microsoft account does exist, and I can log in to it via a web browser, but I don't seem to be able to link it to the account he logs in to the PC with. The troubleshooter just detects the fact that he is not logged in with a Microsoft account
    (I ran this with both my account, which is fine, and then when logged in with the child's account)!

Check your child’s account on the PC that your child uses

• Have your child sign in to the PC.

• Open Settings, then select Accounts.

• Select Your account.

• If your child doesn’t currently sign in with a Microsoft account, select
        Sign in with a Microsoft account instead and enter their email address.

• If an email address is already associated with their account, make a note of it. You’ll use it to add their Microsoft account to your family at

account.microsoft.com/family

MikeBushnell, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Phrasing of "Devices associated with your family’s Microsoft account"

1. Phrasing of "Devices associated with your family’s Microsoft account" - Similar Threads - Phrasing Devices associated

2. Digital license If you associated or signed onto a Microsoft Account or associated your...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital license If you associated or signed onto a Microsoft Account or associated your...: Digital license If you associated or signed onto a Microsoft Account or associated your MSA with your digital license, that will be your MSA containing the digital license....
  3. Digital license If you associated or signed onto a Microsoft Account or associated your...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital license If you associated or signed onto a Microsoft Account or associated your...: Digital license If you associated or signed onto a Microsoft Account or associated your MSA with your digital license, that will be your MSA containing the digital license....
  4. Digital license If you associated or signed onto a Microsoft Account or associated your...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Family Devices not showing in Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Devices not showing in Microsoft Account: https://account.microsoft.com Used to be able to see family devices, windows machines under Devices listed in the Microsoft Account Online in the Web Browser. The permission for this is set for each Family member and still can be toggled under each Organiser. 181203
  6. Windows 10 Your Info is associated with the wrong microsoft account

Windows 10 Your Info is associated with the wrong microsoft account: My windows 10 was installed and setup without a Microsoft account. Yesterday I logged my son into Xbox game pass from my PC with his Microsoft account. Now his Microsoft account is associated with the default login on my PC. How can I remove his account?If I go to Settings->...
  7. Microsoft Account has wrong Device associated with Win10Pro license

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Account has wrong Device associated with Win10Pro license: How can I describe this!!!! My Win10 Pro is up to date and fully functional except some LAN private network issues. Of the four devices on my Microsoft Account, this one shows "Windows is not up to date", "Status Unknown", bitlocker OFF when for a specific folder it is ON....
  8. Can't download a game. "...no suitable device is associated with your Microsoft account"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download a game. "...no suitable device is associated with your Microsoft account": Hi, I bought a game yesterday and the download won't start. I thought at first that I somehow bought an Xbox game, which means it would not be compatible with my laptop, but reading other problems, it seems like a game would not appear on my store if it were not compatible,...
  9. Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family...

Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family...: Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family features to work properly. Until they do, this weekly report will not reflect their screen time and recent activity for that device. I am getting message (as per subject) on one of...
  10. Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family...

Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family...: Hi, In my Microsoft Family, I am seeing the following message for one of the Child accounts: "Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family features to work properly." When I click "See Devices", it specifies the device...