Windows 10: Physical keyboard becomes irresponsive after startup

Discus and support Physical keyboard becomes irresponsive after startup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hey there!!! My physical keyboard didn't take input after booting and startting up until I manually start the touch keyboard i.e. , Everytime I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Devendra7083, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Physical keyboard becomes irresponsive after startup

hey there!!!
    My physical keyboard didn't take input after booting and startting up until I manually start the touch keyboard
    i.e. , Everytime I start up my laptop I had to first open the touch keyboard so that my physical keyboard take input and become responsive..
    while some time it works efficient on win32 based apps but on UWP apps it didn,t work until I start the touch keyboard ..

:)

Devendra7083, Nov 14, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Keep onscreen keyboard from displaying at startup

Hi Helene,

I suggest to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key on the Keyboard.
    • Click on More details.
    • Go to Startup Tab.
    • Right click on Onscreen Keyboard And select
      disable.

Please get back to us with the updated status of the issue.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Nov 14, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

Physical keyboard becomes irresponsive after startup

want to use manual keyboard----not on screen keyboard

Hi,

The On-Screen Keyboard is an application which provides a visual keyboard on your screen that can be used in place of a physical keyboard. To better assist you and provide you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is your physical keyboard not functioning?
    • Have you tried turning off the On-Screen Keyboard?

To turn off the On-Screen Keyboard, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Ease of Access.
    • On the left panel, click on Keyboard.
    • Under On-Screen Keyboard, make sure it is set to Off.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Physical keyboard becomes irresponsive after startup

1. Physical keyboard becomes irresponsive after startup - Similar Threads - Physical keyboard becomes

2. Microsoft Store App irresponsive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store App irresponsive: Whenever I press the install button on store, it just becomes irresponsive. It worked fine until yesterday. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-app-irresponsive/413a3ea4-1066-4b3e-a451-57389764b404"
  3. Keyboard Doesn't Work For One Minute After Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Doesn't Work For One Minute After Startup: A very strange thing started happening recently. Every once in a while, the keyboard will cease to work for a minute after startup of the computer. It doesn't work on Microsoft Edge or the Cortana search bar, but it will work on file explorer, computer login, and other apps...
  4. Physical keyboard won't work after a 2 week shut down

Physical keyboard won't work after a 2 week shut down: We went on vacation for two weeks and came home to a laptop with a dead physical keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/physical-keyboard-wont-work-after-a-2-week-shut/fa561d7d-dfee-4da0-a351-e6e4421f99c9
  5. How to prevent Windows switching keyboards when there is a physical keyboard attached

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent Windows switching keyboards when there is a physical keyboard attached: I have a desktop computer that has a English UK keyboard and I want to carry on using it. I also have a new laptop/tablet that has a English US keyboard as I live in NZ and can only get US keyboards, and a Win 10 phone set to English UK. The problem is that on both the PCs...
  6. Keyboard not registering on startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard not registering on startup: My computer sometimes does this thing where when I start my computer up it doesn't allow me to type, so I have to restart, And then it does it multiple times until it finally somehow works. Also, when I restart my computer and it makes my computer run slower. I've tried many...
  7. USB keyboards become unresponsive after unplugging/plugging three times

USB keyboards become unresponsive after unplugging/plugging three times: I have an odd problem with my USB keyboards on my Windows 10 machine. If I unplug them and plug them back in ~three times, they become unresponsive. The keyboards are still recognized by the machine and shows up under Devices, but won't send anything when I type on them....
  8. Keyboard (physical & on-screen) not working on log-in screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard (physical & on-screen) not working on log-in screen: Hello together, my keyboard stopped working on the login screen (no crashes etc, just on day in the morning). Sadly I cant use the on-screen keyboard, because I will get an error message stating "Could not start the on-screen keyboard". However, the keyboard works in...
  9. On Screen Keyboard on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    On Screen Keyboard on startup: is there a way to disable the on screen keyboard on startup? I don't need it on my desktops or my Surface pro any help would be awesome. Ta peeps 17365
  10. Shortcut to emojis on physical keyboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut to emojis on physical keyboard?: Hello, Is there a shortcut to the Windows 10 emojis on a physical keyboard? I'm using a Surface 3. I read that Win + . or Win + ; worked but it doesn't for me. 100861