Windows 10: Physical keyboard stops working on tablet PC in desktop but works in bios

Discus and support Physical keyboard stops working on tablet PC in desktop but works in bios in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ok so this has happened a few times. I reinstall windows on my x360 laptop tablet, keyboard works fine for a bit then just stops completely and I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Batch80, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Batch80 Win User

Physical keyboard stops working on tablet PC in desktop but works in bios

Ok so this has happened a few times. I reinstall windows on my x360 laptop tablet, keyboard works fine for a bit then just stops completely and I can't use it. It works in safe mode and also works perfectly fine on windows 8.1 but Everytime I install windows 10 something disables my dang physical keyboard and it's driving me crazy.I've turned off tablet mode a hundred times. I've done everything I can think of and I'm a tech!!!What the hell is doing this?

:)

Batch80, Jun 13, 2021

2. On screen keyboard not working in Windows 10 tablet mode

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps. Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Task bar and select ShowTouch Keyboard Button.

• Open the Keyboard and close it (just to check if it’s working).

• Next click on Action center and select
      Tablet Mode.

• Once you are in Tablet mode, again Right click on the
      Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

• Open the Key board and check if it’s working in Tablet mode. Next check if it’s available on the task bar in both desktop and tablet mode.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 13, 2021
  3. Mouse/Keyboard work in BIOS, they do not work once computer boots

I have been using computers for over 25 years now, and I have never run across a problem like this. Backstory: I built my current PC about a year ago. Everything worked perfectly until about 5 days ago. At that point, it needed to restart. I restarted it, and upon boot neither the mouse or keyboard would respond. I tried a different mouse and keyboard, they did not work either. I tried both of the mice and keyboards with another PC, and they worked fine. This absolutely rules out the problem being the inputs.Then, I noticed that the mouse and keyboard do work in BIOS. However, after exiting BIOS and booting, they stop responding altogether. I have gone into system recovery countless times and tried literally every recovery option listed, to no avail. Any suggestions to help would be GREATLY appreciated. For the past 5 days I have literally had a $3000 paperweight.

JamesKBoyd, Jun 13, 2021
  4. DBum1015 Win User

keyboard works in BIOS but not on desktop

Hello, Alex!

I'll be glad to assist you today. I don't want to assume anything, but is your mouse working? If it is, you can try to fix the problem in Device Manager. Just follow these steps using your mouse/touchpad:

• Right-click on the Start menu to bring up the Power User Menu, and click
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the
      Hardware and Sound link.
    • Click on
      Device Manager
      under the Devices and Printers group at the top of the screen.
    • In the Device Manager window that pops up, expand
      Keyboards. There you should find your keyboard listed . Right click on your keyboard and select Update Driver Software... to check and see you have the latest driver for the keyboard to work.
    If these steps don't fix your problem, a temporary fix would be to turn on the included On-Screen Keyboard. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click on
      Start, Settings, Ease of Access
      , then Keyboard
    • Click to turn on the
      On Screen Keyboard.
    Either of these two options should get you back to typing again in no time! If you need any other help, let me know!

Thanks,

Dustin

DBum1015, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Physical keyboard stops working on tablet PC in desktop but works in bios - Similar Threads - Physical keyboard stops

2. physical keyboard not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    physical keyboard not working?: hi, my name is audie. sometimes whenever i open up my laptop dell latitude windows 10 built in, my physical keyboard is disabled. i am not able to type anything in. when i login via touch screen touch screen, it asks if i want to enable tablet mode. i've clicked on yes, and...
  3. physical keyboard not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    physical keyboard not working?: hi, my name is audie. sometimes whenever i open up my laptop dell latitude windows 10 built in, my physical keyboard is disabled. i am not able to type anything in. when i login via touch screen touch screen, it asks if i want to enable tablet mode. i've clicked on yes, and...
  4. physical keyboard not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My physical and screen keyboard are not working…

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My physical and screen keyboard are not working…: I woke up and randomly my physical and screen keyboard both stopped working, whenever I try to type something a random page opens, I tried everything I could find online for the past 2 hours and nothing worked. Please help...
  6. My physical and screen keyboard are not working…

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My physical and screen keyboard are not working…: I woke up and randomly my physical and screen keyboard both stopped working, whenever I try to type something a random page opens, I tried everything I could find online for the past 2 hours and nothing worked. Please help...
  7. My physical keyboard is not working!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My physical keyboard is not working!: I turned on my computer and started typing in my password and the black dots didn't appear in the login box. At this time I'm using my on screen keyboard to to do all function that my physical keyboard use to do. l did a restart, looked at many UTUBE videos to fix the...
  8. Mouse/Keyboard Unresponsive at Desktop, works in BIOS

Mouse/Keyboard Unresponsive at Desktop, works in BIOS: I have been unable to use my mouse and keyboard at the desktop. This problem began when my computer began to slow down about 10 minutes after I booted it up. When I tried to open different windows such as My Computer or access the Task Manager, they would all freeze. Even...
  9. Keyboard suddenly stopped working, even in BIOS

Keyboard suddenly stopped working, even in BIOS: Hi everyone Today my keyboard stopped working, there was a usb error message pop up but i didn't realise what it was about, then then my k70 corsair keyboard stopped working, i tried restarting and doing an sfc scan but nothing changed, then i started looking into device...
  10. Auto switch tablet/desktop mode stopped working...

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto switch tablet/desktop mode stopped working...: Does anyone know how to turn on the automatic desktop/tablet mode switching? I run W10, the official release, on a Surface Pro 3 with a keyboard cover. Up to now, when I detach the keyboard I get asked if I want to switch to tablet mode, and when I attach the keyboard...