Windows 10: Physical power button doesn't work

Discus and support Physical power button doesn't work in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; About two months ago, the physical power button on my Lenovo X1 Tablet (3rd gen) stopped working. It won't put the machine to sleep nor will it wake it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TheMrWorf, Oct 30, 2018.

1. TheMrWorf Win User

Physical power button doesn't work

About two months ago, the physical power button on my Lenovo X1 Tablet (3rd gen) stopped working. It won't put the machine to sleep nor will it wake it up from sleep. I've applied all updates from Lenovo and from Microsoft. I double checked the desired behavior in power settings and it's set to have ALL buttons (I only have one, but hey) to put the machine to sleep.

I've created a filter for anything related to power in the event viewer but no matter what I do, I can't find any errors from drivers or similar.

The button works though. If the machine is off (as in completely powered down) it will power on the tablet. I've also booted into Knoppix (a Linux live DVD) and within linux, the button works just fine, a short press triggers a shutdown dialog.

So obviously it's not a hardware issue, it's a software issue. It's as if windows doesn't know to listen to the button, since it won't even use it as a wakeup source.

Some stats about the machine:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Manufacturer LENOVO
    System Model 20KJCTO1WW
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU LENOVO_MT_20KJ_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad X1 Tablet Gen 3
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz, 2112 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date LENOVO N1ZET70W(1.26 ), 9/18/2018

I'd rather not try reinstalling the machine if I can avoid it, so let me know if you need more details Physical power button doesn't work :)

:)

TheMrWorf, Oct 30, 2018

2. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    PC doesn't power down after holding power button for 4 seconds

The power button on a PC is temporary push switch. It makes contact as long as you hold the button down. Quick press and release triggers a smart relay on the MB to turn on or off, depending on default or OS state, such as cold on, sleep on, turn off, sleep off, etc. Holding the button down for a long time is a default hardware power kill switch. If it's not working, suspect the MB. Reset the BIOS is a good suggestion, but prolly won't work.

Sasqui, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Physical power button doesn't work - Similar Threads - Physical power button

2. Power button doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power button doesn't work: The power button doesn't work. It's like my power button is offline but i really want to try SignalRGB to see that using a Inuasion Fan works. I didn't know how does a 3 year old pc could show no life. That's only i could tell you about....
  3. Power button doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power button doesn't work: The power button doesn't work. It's like my power button is offline but i really want to try SignalRGB to see that using a Inuasion Fan works. I didn't know how does a 3 year old pc could show no life. That's only i could tell you about....
  4. my power button doesn't work after formatting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my power button doesn't work after formatting: hiI formatted my computer and changed to windows 11, and now my power button does nothing when my computer is on. it does turn on my computer when its off.I tried to check on settings an it says that when I press it it should go to sleep so I think its not the problemcan you...
  5. my power button doesn't work after formatting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my power button doesn't work after formatting: hiI formatted my computer and changed to windows 11, and now my power button does nothing when my computer is on. it does turn on my computer when its off.I tried to check on settings an it says that when I press it it should go to sleep so I think its not the problemcan you...
  6. physical power button stopped wprking

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    physical power button stopped wprking: The physical power button on my Acer Aspire-5 laptop, Windows 10, has stopped working. None of the easy fixes re: messing with the power settings has worked. I have now found that when I go to "Change Advance Power Settings", there is no "Power buttons and lid" option...
  7. enabling physical power button on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    enabling physical power button on lock screen: I find it incredibly annoying that when one of my PCs are locked, I cant just hit the power button and leave. I will frequently try to turn off my desktop computer, late at night when the screens are off, just to realize hours later that it's still on. The only way to shut it...
  8. Physical power button not working when system locked (user logged in)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Physical power button not working when system locked (user logged in): I set up my system to log in automaticaly, and lock afterwards to run through the complete startup sequence without me having to sit through it all. Problem: Sometimes the GPU isnt properly booting up and the screen is black. The physical power button is unresponsive in this...
  9. Power button not working

Power button not working: Hello, I have a custom built pc and when i press the power button outside the os or in the os in the start menu it does not work. But I used to. Mysleep button in the os also just turnd off the display and the motherbordand fan rgbs stay on but they used to turn off. I can...
  10. Power button doesn't work, "ACPI Power Button" listed as "Not connected, code 45"

Power button doesn't work, "ACPI Power Button" listed as "Not connected, code 45": My Lenovo X1 Tablet (3rd gen) will no longer listen to power button presses. I've tried Knoppix linux and it works within Linux. I've tried switching what win10 should do when button is pressed but nothing matters. When looking in Device Manager, the ACPI Power Button is...