Windows 10: physical serial ports (Not USB connected)

Discus and support physical serial ports (Not USB connected) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My tower has two physical (old school) serial ports which I need to use for a Kenwood CAT radio interface (TS-850) and a RigBlaster PRO soundcard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Misha_L, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Misha_L Win User

physical serial ports (Not USB connected)

My tower has two physical (old school) serial ports which I need to use for a Kenwood CAT radio interface (TS-850) and a RigBlaster PRO soundcard digital interface at the same time. I have tried everything that google has found for me without any luck. I have tried 2 USB to serial and that failed as well. It works one then the other not both. I want to get on the air with amateur radio digital broadcast modes like PSK31 and FT8. I would prefer to use the two physical serial ports not the Prolific flaky units which is what I have tried when I couldn't get the onboard ports going.

My system is a dual Xeon 3.4 GHz, 24 GB RAM, Windows 10 Professional

:)

Misha_L, Sep 18, 2018

2. Yellow ! next to Prolific USB-to-Serial Com Port (COM3)

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Based on your description, the issue seems like HooToo USB port driver is outdated. Let’s try simple steps and check if this help.

I recommend you to update the HooToo USB port driver and check if this helps. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Click on Universal Serial Bus to expand and right click on the port device and click on
      Update.
    If the issue still persist, I suggest you to go to the USB manufacturer website and install the driver for Windows 10. If the available USB driver is not for Windows 10, try installing the driver in compatibly mode and check.

HooToo Support Downloads

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Profilic USB-to-Serial comm port driver is not working

Hi Chancel,

To help us to determine as to why the Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port on your computer is not working, I suggest checking the status of the device in Device Manager. Here's how:

1. Right-click the Windows key and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand the Ports (COM & LPT) category.
    3. Right-click on your Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port and click
      Properties.
    4. Under General, look for the Device status.

You may also run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. This automated troubleshooter will also help identify and fix issues that it finds.

1. Navigate to Settings > Update & Security.
    2. Click Troubleshoot.
    3. Under Find and fix other problems, click Hardware and Devices, then click
      Run the troubleshooter.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Will be waiting for your response so I can help you further.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 18, 2018
  4. physical serial ports (Not USB connected)

USB to serial port activation on windows 10

Hi my name is Keith : I have a problem with my USB to serial port connection it is a HP computer core i3 with windows 10 the USB to serial port cable came with a disc for installation . It is installed and appears in my device manager but the computer
    can not recognise it . When I troubleshoot it tells me the USB is 3.0 I must try a USB 2.0 which is the older version. all my USB ports are 3.0 is there a solution to this problem ????

keithwatkins1946, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

physical serial ports (Not USB connected)

1. physical serial ports (Not USB connected) - Similar Threads - physical serial ports

2. USB Serial Port driver clash in Serial controllers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Serial Port driver clash in Serial controllers: my FTDI driver for usb serial converter creates a COM port but when i install a different driver for my casio CESG in serial controllers the COM port becomes hidden, and message with this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45 I had this working once too!...
  3. USB Serial Port driver clash in Serial controllers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Serial Port driver clash in Serial controllers: my FTDI driver for usb serial converter creates a COM port but when i install a different driver for my casio CESG in serial controllers the COM port becomes hidden, and message with this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45 I had this working once too!...
  4. USB Serial Port driver clash in Serial controllers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB Serial Adapter COM Port Changes on Reboot

USB Serial Adapter COM Port Changes on Reboot: I have a Windows 10 Laptop with a USB Serial Port Adapter with an attached printer. When I reboot the computer, the COM port assigned to the USB adapter changes randomly so that the printer no longer works. What can I do to ensure that the Serial Port Adapter is always...
  6. USB serial port driver

USB serial port driver: Need a serial port driver fir Windies 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-serial-port-driver/92feaf39-367d-48ad-abf8-fe3a1c148ae8
  7. Assign COMM port number to USB port with USB to straight-through serial port adapter cable...

Assign COMM port number to USB port with USB to straight-through serial port adapter cable...: My OS is Windows 10, running on a Lenovo laptop with no serial ports, and I need to communicate with a lab instrument via its serial RS-232 port. The instrument manufacturer has informed me that a simple straight-through serial NOT null-modem connection is required, so I...
  8. Changing the Port settings for Serial-USB.

Changing the Port settings for Serial-USB.: Hello, I am working on windows 10 Pro (version 1703). I've already installed the driver of a serial-usb multi-function cable, and it was successfully defined. But when I tried to access its port setting, the corresponding tab didn't appear at all in the driver properties....
  9. Serial com ports.

Serial com ports.: I am trying to use a USB-RS232 lead on my laptop. I cannot create any COM ports and none are there by default. If I try this on my desktop it works perfectly. When trying to create a COM port I get an invalid parameter error and the creation fails Windows 10 Home...
  10. BSOD serial-port

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD serial-port: BSOD when the program Siemens STARTER using the serial-port. 77830