Windows 10: Physical spacing between desktop icons is way too large and cannot be changed.

Discus and support Physical spacing between desktop icons is way too large and cannot be changed. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; No matter what I do with the resolution or hold control or any of those "answers" before from the experts. It does nothing to help this issue.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gravydog, May 17, 2021.

1. Gravydog Win User

Physical spacing between desktop icons is way too large and cannot be changed.

No matter what I do with the resolution or hold control or any of those "answers" before from the experts. It does nothing to help this issue. Apparently, many others as well yet we still get the whole patronizing "just hold down the control and roll your mouse up and down." No really I never tried this FIRST BASIC STEP. Why do I have to mess with my registry to fix this? Literally happened overnight. I've done all the silly fixes that are recommended by the Microsoft "experts"Nothing. Icon size, text size, resolution, arrange to grid, etc etc etc. Updating graphics drivers and

:)

Gravydog, May 17, 2021
  2. Aminovos Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons large space

Dear community

After Windows 10 upgrade, I'm having a problem with desktop icons with large space between each other. Not to mention the desktop icons cannot go to the edge of the taskbar or to the edge of right screen. The desktop icons can only be placed like 5 centimeters
    from the edge of the taskbar and almost 3 centimeters from the edge of the right screen. Here is the picture with Recycle Bin and Chrome as only icons you can see: http://oi58.tinypic.com/x1dlza.jpg

I want my desktop icons to fit on edge on taskbar as well on edge of right screen like in Windows 7. And I also want not to have a large space between desktop icons, but just the same space between icons like in Windows 7. How can I do that?

Aminovos, May 17, 2021
  3. Windows 10 desktop icons large space

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the screen resolution and check if it helps.

• Right click on Desktop and select “Display Settings”.
    • Under Display settings click on “Advanced Display Settings”.
    • Under resolution select the resolution as ‘1966*1080’ and save the changes.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 17, 2021
  4. Physical spacing between desktop icons is way too large and cannot be changed.

Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, May 17, 2021
Thema:

Physical spacing between desktop icons is way too large and cannot be changed.

1. Physical spacing between desktop icons is way too large and cannot be changed. - Similar Threads - Physical spacing between

2. Windows 11, version 22H2 desktop was arranged with large spacing between each icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, version 22H2 desktop was arranged with large spacing between each icon: Windows 11, version 22H2 desktop was arranged with large spacing between each icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-version-22h2-desktop-was-arranged-with/82242151-4267-4bf7-9845-ca2850952ebc
  3. Desktop Icons have too much space in between

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons have too much space in between: How to remove this wide space between icons on the desktop? If I drag and drop the icons it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-have-too-much-space-in-between/da60d9f2-b8c9-42d7-a5a7-a4701d74b841
  4. Desktop Icons have too much space in between

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons have too much space in between: How to remove this wide space between icons on the desktop? If I drag and drop the icons it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-have-too-much-space-in-between/da60d9f2-b8c9-42d7-a5a7-a4701d74b841
  5. Is the space between the desktop icon and the taskbar too big or is it normal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is the space between the desktop icon and the taskbar too big or is it normal?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NiceSignal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ji0xhl/is_the_space_between_the_desktop_icon_and_the/
  6. Large gap between taskbar and desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Large gap between taskbar and desktop icons?: submitted by /u/MassiR77 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j1ge8n/large_gap_between_taskbar_and_desktop_icons/
  7. Desktop Icons too widely spaced

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons too widely spaced: For some reason, my desktop icons recently started getting spaced about twice as far apart as usual [ATTACH] I have no idea what caused this but I'd like to recover from it. I've tried changing my view settings after right clicking the desktop, but this hasn't helped....
  8. There’s too much space between my icons

There’s too much space between my icons: [IMG]Hi, I downloaded something that seems to have crashed my laptop. I immediately removed it and did a virus scan. Nothing wrong but now my laptop icons have more space between them than normal. How can i fix this?...
  9. change spacing between icons in Settings

change spacing between icons in Settings: Is there a way to change spacing between these? I takes up the whole screen on a small laptop. [img] 94687
  10. Large space between icons on bottom toolbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Large space between icons on bottom toolbar: Instead of the icons being right next to each other on my bottom toolbar, there is about a one inch gap between them; anyway to get them to be right next to each other, the way they always have been? thanks! 7019