Windows 10: Pick an app

Discus and support Pick an app in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; whenever I need to choose a different app to open a file (in file properties) The app picker doesn't open. one day I went into the task manager and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shaan1singh, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Pick an app

whenever I need to choose a different app to open a file (in file properties) The app picker doesn't open. one day I went into the task manager and there were several instances of "Pick an app", but in background apps. how can I stop pick an app from opening in the background?

:)

Shaan1singh, Apr 29, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Pick an app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Pick an app

Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Pick an app

1. Pick an app - Similar Threads - Pick app

2. Pick up the sound tracks used by the slideshow in Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pick up the sound tracks used by the slideshow in Photos app: Hi,I've been studying the whole day to get the location of the musics used by the photo app when slideshow is enabled.Nothing in windows/media, neither in the photo app folder, i searched every directories and a lot of different strategies, without success.If someone's up to...
  3. Pick up the sound tracks used by the slideshow in Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pick up the sound tracks used by the slideshow in Photos app: Hi,I've been studying the whole day to get the location of the musics used by the photo app when slideshow is enabled.Nothing in windows/media, neither in the photo app folder, i searched every directories and a lot of different strategies, without success.If someone's up to...
  4. Pick an App got Hang

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pick an App got Hang: Hello, I'm using OS Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631, when i try to select default app for picture or any app when the pick an app opens it got hang and then i have to open task manager and End the Pick an App process. I can't take screenshot because my...
  5. Pick an App got Hang

Pick an App got Hang: Hello, I'm using OS Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631, when i try to select default app for picture or any app when the pick an app opens it got hang and then i have to open task manager and End the Pick an App process. I can't take screenshot because my...
  6. Microphone not picking up voice in Settings + Certain Apps? works in Discord

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not picking up voice in Settings + Certain Apps? works in Discord: Hello, Having an annoying issue I cannot seem to troubleshoot. I have an ASUS ROG Strix B650E-I motherboard with a Drop PC38X headset. It's connected to the Front Speaker Out & Mic In Analog ports on the back of the motherboard as expected. Effectively, colleagues are telling...
  7. Microphone not picking up voice in Settings + Certain Apps? works in Discord

Microphone not picking up voice in Settings + Certain Apps? works in Discord: Hello, Having an annoying issue I cannot seem to troubleshoot. I have an ASUS ROG Strix B650E-I motherboard with a Drop PC38X headset. It's connected to the Front Speaker Out & Mic In Analog ports on the back of the motherboard as expected. Effectively, colleagues are telling...
  8. Microphone not picking up voice in Settings + Certain Apps? works in Discord

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. When I open the phone link app on windows 11, it doesnt show the option to pick android or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I open the phone link app on windows 11, it doesnt show the option to pick android or...: When I open the phone link app on windows 11, it doesnt show the option to pick android or iphone. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-the-phone-link-app-on-windows-11-it/b294b56f-936b-4a37-8161-adafaeb370d9
  10. When I open the phone link app on windows 11, it doesnt show the option to pick android or...

When I open the phone link app on windows 11, it doesnt show the option to pick android or...: When I open the phone link app on windows 11, it doesnt show the option to pick android or iphone. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-the-phone-link-app-on-windows-11-it/b294b56f-936b-4a37-8161-adafaeb370d9

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Pick in app

2. pick an app task manager