Windows 10: Pick soundcard to redirect with remote desktop

Discus and support Pick soundcard to redirect with remote desktop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi folks! I have a computer with multiple sound cards that interface to different devices. When I remote desktop into this computer, I want a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Keith (N8XD), Sep 7, 2018.

1. Keith (N8XD) Win User

Pick soundcard to redirect with remote desktop

Hi folks!

I have a computer with multiple sound cards that interface to different devices. When I remote desktop into this computer, I want a specific sound card to be redirect back to me, and I want all the others to remain active. How do I do it?

(right now when i connect, all the sound cards disappear from the remote computer, and audio is redirected back to me...but I need the others to continue working on that remote computer.)

Any Ideas?

--Keith

:)

Keith (N8XD), Sep 7, 2018
  2. ChrisLynch Win User

Redirecting Windows Mobile devices with Remote Desktop 7

I am trying to get my Windows Mobile 6.5 device to be redirected from my desktop PC to my remote desktop (VDI workstation), with both running Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I have tried natively with the Remote Desktop Client, and with the Fabulatech USB over
    Network and UDB for Remote Desktop with no success. If I bypass Remote Desktop (i.e. I connect to the remote desktop via VNC or the vSphere Infrastructure Client and use UDB over Network to redirect the WM device, all works just fine. In fact, When I look
    at Device Manager on the remote system, I see the "Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter" in the Network Adapters list. If I disable "Advanced networking capabilities" on the WM device, I see "HP USB Sync" under Mobile devices. However, WMDC does not connect
    with WM device.

I can see there are a number of people that are unable to get this to work. Can anyone provide any working steps to redirect a Windows Mobile phone device through Remote Desktop?

ChrisLynch, Sep 7, 2018
  3. kikicoco1334 Win User
    Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Juan Andres Santaella Win User

Windows 10 is not redirecting my printer during a remote desktop session

First thank you for your response.

• Both systems (local and remote) have the same latest printer driver downloaded from the manufacturer.
    • When I mentioned that the issue was resolve on previous opportunities, I was referring to another occasion with a different printer and other versions of Windows and Hardware, but with a similar redirection problem.

Its Remote Desktop that sensitive to different driver version on each side, I was always with the impression that the local system will share its printer drivers (provided that the printer local resource is checked) to the remote system when the local printer
    was not configured on the remote system. In my case, my local printer was not configured on the remote system, and the redirection never worked, that when I decide to create a dummy printer on the remote system with the same drivers, but it didn'y worked either.

Hope this information helps you have a better picture of the scenario.

Yours,

Juan Santaella

Juan Andres Santaella, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Pick soundcard to redirect with remote desktop - Similar Threads - Pick soundcard redirect

2. remote desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    remote desktop: My remote desktop app no longer allows me to connect to my vpn, what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop/1bcb3693-7dcc-492f-a182-b6d85d7a7a83
  3. remote desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    remote desktop: My remote desktop app no longer allows me to connect to my vpn, what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/remote-desktop/1bcb3693-7dcc-492f-a182-b6d85d7a7a83
  4. remote desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remote desktop: how to set up a windows 10 pro computer to access a windows 7 PC on same network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/remote-desktop/c7304e30-b8f6-4a93-b146-38dcff9043b9
  5. remote desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    remote desktop: how to open remote desktop on windows 10 without purchasing windows pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/remote-desktop/5c046238-3084-4fbb-978f-4f107192b748
  6. Remote Desktop

Remote Desktop: Remote Desktop Error After providing the Microsoft Account Password to the Password blank on remote desktop the attempts to connect and then request the Password again. The Password I provided was the same a the Password provided at Windows startup but for some reason it...
  7. Remote Desktop Freezes Running Remote Desktop

Remote Desktop Freezes Running Remote Desktop: I recently purchased a new laptop running Windows 10 with a 4K UHD display. I frequently use remote desktop with my laptop to connect to a Windows 10 desktop system in my home. I've been doing this for years without a problem until I upgraded my laptop to a 4K UHD display....
  8. Remote Desktop

Remote Desktop: I have 3 computers and a tablet. 1 computer running XP. 1 computer running Windows 8. 1 computer and tablet running Windows 10. I can connect to any computer with any other computer and the tablet. I cannot connect to the tablet from any computer after upgrading the...
  9. Remote Desktop

Remote Desktop: I have recently upgraded from 7 Ultimate to 10 Pro. When I RDP to another Windows 7 Ultimate machine the application randomly closes, no error messages or anything. Anyone seen this before? 20315
  10. Remote Desktop

Remote Desktop: I am having problems setting up remote desktop. I can not find the program in windows firewall to enable it. was just wondering if this would be due to my copy of windows 10 is not activated? 36135