Windows 10: picker host not working

Discus and support picker host not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; picker host not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picker-host-not-working/900b4760-01b9-4416-abb6-66f3f2d2c461 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by imeldaconde, Sep 11, 2019 at 10:37 PM.

1. picker host not working

picker host not working

:)

2. File Picker UI Host not working!

I've just managed to find out that the thing that stops working is called File Picker UI Host.

3. David_Cox Win User
    File Picker Ul Host is not responding

Original message: Windows 10

Whenever I right click a file, the computer freezes. Once I got a message that " File Picker Ul Host is not responding" Any suggestions?

4. picker host not working

Many Instances of File Picker UI Host

Hello Jennifer,

I was going to do all the things you suggested, but yesterday's Cumulative update might have fixed the problem, as there are no instances of File Picker UI Host showing up in Task manager. I will update this thread if it recurs.

thank you.

Thema:

picker host not working

1. picker host not working - Similar Threads - picker host working

2. Emoji Picker ( Win+. or Win+; ) No Longer Works

in Windows 10 Support
    Emoji Picker ( Win+. or Win+; ) No Longer Works: After the latest big update from Windows, I noticed that my Emoji Picker Window (the window that you can pull up when pressing the Windows key + the period or semicolon key) no longer comes up. I tried searching online to why this doesn't work, and how to fix it, etc, yet...
  3. File Picker UI Host is not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Picker UI Host is not responding: How do I correct File Picker UI Host is not responding. Everytime I try to attach a file in my email, my computer freezes and I need to shut down the program....
  4. File Picker UI Host not Responding when attaching Excel or Word doc's to Gmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Picker UI Host not Responding when attaching Excel or Word doc's to Gmail: Shortly after installing the latest Win10 updates in Feb 2019 I started receiving the File Picker UI Host not Responding error when attempting to select an Excel or Word document to a gmail when using Chrome, IE, or Edge. I can attach pdf doc's. I have even installed EasyMail...
  5. File Picker UI Host not responding with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Picker UI Host not responding with OneDrive: A new problem: trying to attach a file that is located on my OneDrive to an email. Every time I try the File Picker fails to open and my browser (Edge or Chrome) freezes. Trying to close the File Picker window results in a modal message "File Picker UI Host is not...
  6. Changing the default picker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the default picker: To be completely clear about which one I mean, it's this. It's awfully outdated, maybe older than me, and very painful to use. I've seen the color pickers for some linux distros and would like to change the default one. I've seen answers on this site that apparently you can...
  7. Color picker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Color picker: Hi, is there a color picker tool in Fresh Paint or Paint 3D to pick an existing color on the photo and place that color on another area of the photo? Thanks much. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-picker/e26e9e01-706c-4593-be3c-5cbe54883c40
  8. File picker UI host stops working at start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File picker UI host stops working at start up: Hey all For the last week or so the file picker UI host has according to reliability monitor (since i don't get any pop up telling me has has stopped working and needs to shut down) stops working at ro around when i start up my PC from a normal boot. I initally thought it was...
  9. Vanilla hosts file ( hosts file not working )

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Vanilla hosts file ( hosts file not working ): Hi I keep getting this symptom from time to time , it fixes with windows updates but then occasionally come back . I have a list of advertising and malware websites that I filter through hosts file that are often used by a chat client as per the chat client community...
  10. File Picker UI Host not working!

in Windows 10 Support
    File Picker UI Host not working!: I'd just upgraded to windows 10 yesterday, and I've been having issues with browsing files. Today, I was trying to change my background from settings, and as soon as the file browser opened up, it closed straight away. Settings also stopped working. It was frozen, and I had...