Windows 10: PickerHost.exe is detected by Windows Defender frequently

Discus and support PickerHost.exe is detected by Windows Defender frequently in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After some recent updates my windows defender is frequently shows pickerkhost.exe as as a problem i mean it is showing "unauthorized app tries make... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by P.RAHUL, Sep 15, 2019.

1. P.RAHUL Win User

PickerHost.exe is detected by Windows Defender frequently

After some recent updates my windows defender is frequently shows pickerkhost.exe as as a problem i mean it is showing "unauthorized app tries make changes in in somes c - drive folders. And also many people have said it is not at all virus it is safe

:)

P.RAHUL, Sep 15, 2019
  2. AFWS Win User

Windows Defender detects an .exe as Win32/Bitrep.A Trojan?

OK, I had this software(earlier version) on another computer and never had it detected as a Trojan. I tried installing the latest version of this software on my new computer and it got detected as "Win32/Bitrep.A" Trojan after about a week of being installed
    and Windows Defender deleted it. I tried re-downloading and then scanned the installation exe with Windows Defender and it detected it as the same Trojan. I then tried re-downloading again and Windows Defender deleted it as soon as it finished downloading.
    The earlier version installation exe wasn't detected as a Trojan. I also tried a update exe to the software that wasn't the same version and nothing was detected. It seems to be with this certain version of the software or the update to this version. The developer
    recommended installing the free version of Avast. Once installed, I scanned the installation exe with Avast and nothing was detected. Is there a Trojan with the software? According to Windows Defender there is. According to Avast there isn't.

* Moved from Windows 10/Security

3. Windows Defender notification of malware detection

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted and we appreciate your continued patience on this issue.

At this point, I suggest you to update the Windows Defender program and check if it helps.

To check for new Windows Defender definitions manually:

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Click the arrow next to the Help button, and then click Check for updates. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Also, check if the detection is of the same malware file or not. Again, see if it is any specific program or a file you try to access which triggers the detection.

Additionally, view the log in Event Viewer to check if the malware is removed every time it is prompted.

To open the Event Viewer. To do so, follow the below steps.
    • Go to the Control Panel and choose to click on the
      Administrative Tools icon.
    • The above action will open up a new window of the Administrative Tools where you will see the
      Event Viewer.
    You can view Windows Defender "Operational" events in Event Viewer under Applications and Services Logs -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Windows Defender.

Kindly keep us posted, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Kim Tiw Win User

windows defender detected error0X8050800c

Hello,

This error indicates that there might be a problem with your security product. We suggest that you follow these steps to update the definitions on your Windows Defender:

• Update the definitions. Either click the Update definitions button on the Update tab in Windows Defender, or download the latest definitions from the Microsoft
      Malware Protection Center
    • Run a full scan.
    • Restart the device and try again.

If you need further assistance, don’t hesitate to reply on this post.

Kim Tiw, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

1. PickerHost.exe is detected by Windows Defender frequently - Similar Threads - PickerHost exe detected

2. windows defender exe missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender exe missing: hello everybody,my problem is i don't find windows security or defender app in my pc.pc os information:Edition Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Version 22H2 Installed on ‎1/‎2/‎2020please help me....
  3. windows defender exe missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender exe missing: hello everybody,my problem is i don't find windows security or defender app in my pc.pc os information:Edition Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Version 22H2 Installed on ‎1/‎2/‎2020please help me....
  4. windows defender exe missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows defender keeps stopping frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender keeps stopping frequently: I'm having this problem for a week now. Windows defender keeps stopping frequently and when I open it, it will shows an error. Restarting won't help. What to do?...
  6. Windows defender keeps stopping frequently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender keeps stopping frequently: I'm having this problem for a week now. Windows defender keeps stopping frequently and when I open it, it will shows an error. Restarting won't help. What to do?...
  7. Windows Defender keeps stopping frequently

Windows Defender keeps stopping frequently: Hi, I have been facing for several weeks this problem that Windows Defender stops and when I open it and click restart it shows an error. Restarting the PC doesn't help I don't know how to solve this problem....
  8. Occamy.B detected by Windows defender

Occamy.B detected by Windows defender: Windows Defender detected the Occamy.B virus on my computer. After selecting "REMOVE" from the Actions drop down box and rerunning Defender, Occamy.B continues to be detected as a threat. IS defender unable to remove this virus and, if so, what do I need to do?...
  9. Duplicate Windows Defender .exe Files

Duplicate Windows Defender .exe Files: In File Explorer, I navigated to MSASCui.exe (the executable for the Windows Defender user interface). After doing a search, I found FOUR MSASCui.exe files. How can this happen? Should I just ignore that there are four files?...
  10. rundll32.exe detected as virus by Avast

in Windows 10 Support
    rundll32.exe detected as virus by Avast: Hi, I have a big issue i have all the time a popup coming from Avast saying it has detected a virus in rundll32.exe It comes when i open explorer or when set volume. Now the worst is that i cant even setup the playback devices for my Audio, when i try to go to sound...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pickerhost blocked

2. pickerhost being blocked by defender

3. pickerhost windows firewall

4. is pickerhost a virus,
  5. pickerhost.exe blocked windows 10,
  6. pickerhost.exe windows10 blocked