Windows 10: pickerhost file caught as malware, changed my snip and sketch image saving permissions,...

Discus and support pickerhost file caught as malware, changed my snip and sketch image saving permissions,... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i use avg, it caught pickerhost as malware. before it was caught, it changed my snip and sketch permissions, which i use the app a lot, and now i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by canekicker, Apr 17, 2021.

1. pickerhost file caught as malware, changed my snip and sketch image saving permissions,...

i use avg, it caught pickerhost as malware. before it was caught, it changed my snip and sketch permissions, which i use the app a lot, and now i cannot save images, it tells me "You don't have permission to open this file. Contact the file owner or an administrator to obtain permission" i'm not opening it, i'm saving it. i'm the file owner, and i'm the administrator of the computer, but apparently this was changed in snip and sketch. i have permissions for everything else, how do i change this back to me being the administrator for snip and sketch?

edit: yes i've reset it, and yeah i tried to reinstall it, it didn't change.

:)

canekicker, Apr 17, 2021
  2. HaydenFu Win User

Snip and Sketch - Save as a JPG

I commonly use the command Windows+Shift+S which uses Snip and Sketch and put the snippet on my clipboard. I am wondering if there is any quick setting or way to automatically save my snip and sketches(taken using Windows+Shift+S) as a file on my computer,
    not just on my clipboard.

Note: I do realize that if I open up snip and sketch(the app) I can save the snip onto my computer, but I would like to know if I can save it using the faster method of Windows+Shift+S. I am looking to have the snips save automatically the way that (windows+prtscrn)
    automatically saves the screen snip locally.

Thank you in advance, and if function does not exist, please add it as an option in settings.

HaydenFu, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

What about Win+w (Ink Workspace); is it still there? You might get a different symptom from trying to save a "Screen Sketch" made that way. Oh. Apparently "Snip and sketch" is just a new name for that? If so, you don't need to save anything, just
    use the Resume button.

That would be new too. No sign that Ink Workspace is installable in 1803.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Martmcd Win User

pickerhost file caught as malware, changed my snip and sketch image saving permissions,...

snip & sketch

strange, is the saved file blank or is it not taking a snip?

if the saved file is blank, try saving in a different format.

if it is not taking a snip, try selecting a larger piece of the screen.

Windows 10 Tip: Snip & Sketch

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/201...

Martmcd, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

pickerhost file caught as malware, changed my snip and sketch image saving permissions,...

1. pickerhost file caught as malware, changed my snip and sketch image saving permissions,... - Similar Threads - pickerhost file caught

2. Why does Snip and Sketch not save the file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Snip and Sketch not save the file?: Seems like a lot of other people have the same issue with it, maybe fix it before you get rid of the snipping tool. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-snip-and-sketch-not-save-the-file/f6bd49d9-7765-4599-9e8d-ba65f3359c72
  3. Why does Snip and Sketch not save the file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Snip and Sketch not save the file?: Seems like a lot of other people have the same issue with it, maybe fix it before you get rid of the snipping tool. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-snip-and-sketch-not-save-the-file/f6bd49d9-7765-4599-9e8d-ba65f3359c72
  4. Why does Snip and Sketch not save the file?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Snip and Sketch Screenshots Don't Save

Snip and Sketch Screenshots Don't Save: Printscreen function works if i hit windows + printscreen - it saves to screenshots folderSnip and sketch shows up in clipboard but not in screenshots folder{B7BEDE81-DF94-4682-A7D8-57A52620B86F} is missing from user shell data folder per these instructions I tried resetting...
  6. is there a way to automatically save snip with Snip and Sketch?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is there a way to automatically save snip with Snip and Sketch?: when I use the function, it says "snip has been saved to clipboard" or something but I can't paste it anywhere I like, I have to open the snip and manually save it. is there a more automatic or faster way to save a screenshot? Win+PrtSc screenshot everything on the screen, I...
  7. Can't save or paste an image with the new Snip & Sketch tool

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't save or paste an image with the new Snip & Sketch tool: I loved the old Snipping Tool since it has the ability to save the snip to just about anywhere. The new Snip & Sketch doesn't work so well. It looks slick but will not place an image anywhere, so what's the point of this tool? I can invoke the palette that has the saved...
  8. Snip and Sketch - Save as a JPG

Snip and Sketch - Save as a JPG: I commonly use the command Windows+Shift+S which uses Snip and Sketch and put the snippet on my clipboard. I am wondering if there is any quick setting or way to automatically save my snip and sketchestaken using Windows+Shift+S as a file on my computer, not just on my...
  9. snip & sketch not prompting me to save the file

snip & sketch not prompting me to save the file: Hello, My snip & sketch was working Perfectly, but all of a sudden I don't know what happened. I have it set to use the print screen function and when I do that instead of prompting me to save it to a file it just automatically saves it to the clipboard. As a last resort,...
  10. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.: Downloaded the 1809 version of windows 10, no problems except that the new "Snip and sketch" app doesn't save anything. Get a message telling me " Something went wrong" all of the time. The app will not allow me to change permission to access pictures either. Did reset it...