Windows 10: pics. disappear and turn into icons on pic. folders

Discus and support pics. disappear and turn into icons on pic. folders in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi folks , need help ,just bought W10 desktop a remanufacted one and downloaded my W7 files. the problem started right away all the files with pics.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JAMESMYSLIWIEC, Oct 31, 2019.

1. pics. disappear and turn into icons on pic. folders

hi folks ,

need help ,just bought W10 desktop a remanufacted one and downloaded my W7 files.

the problem started right away all the files with pics. turned into icons , so reset everything that I could find from going into command prompt to regit from all the info I found . almost everything on the internet said reset folder something real easy but never is the problem .

finally done a rebot and everything came back figured it was fixed all my pics . came to life no more icons for about one hour . Now I am back to the icons only thing I noticed was a PHOTO MEDIA ENGINE DOWNLOADED from Microsoft but really don't think that could have caused this problem and there is no way to uninstall it .

I am a old man going onto 80 good use some smart help or might go crazy with this problem . Thank you for anything good ! Jim

:)

JAMESMYSLIWIEC, Oct 31, 2019
  2. George II Win User

Large Icon's instead of Pics

Recently my Win10 PC started showing so large icons instead of pics for preview. I followed some advice and changed settings, and some folders show pics and some show a combination of pics and icons.

George II, Oct 31, 2019
  3. No thumbnail pics on folders.

Hi Thanks for that. As I said I'm useless with pcs and I thought it was folders I was having problems seeing thumbnails on, It isn't. Its what's inside the folders I.E. pics and vids Just a blue clapperboard on all the icons .The vids and pics work when
    opened but I cant see the preview you get when they are in the folder. Thanks. Keith

Keith Britton 72, Oct 31, 2019
  4. PC Bester Win User

pics. disappear and turn into icons on pic. folders

Blue icon for pics

I recently had my laptop cleaned and loaded new software. I saved all my pics on external hard drive. Now laptop only displays a blue icon and not the pics itself. How can I rectify the problem?

PC Bester, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

pics. disappear and turn into icons on pic. folders

1. pics. disappear and turn into icons on pic. folders - Similar Threads - pics disappear turn

2. Icons not displaying pics

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons not displaying pics: I have tried to clear thumbcache but it's not letting me... HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-not-displaying-pics/bc2db9fa-8b07-4365-ac42-7535a0cdd94e
  3. All my pics and videos disappeared

All my pics and videos disappeared: I don't know the specific date but some time between July 20th and 28th they all disappeared. I haven't deleted anything myself so I don't know what could have happened. This only thing of note that happened in that time period was a display driver update and the KB5003537...
  4. File Explorer, Icon Pic Question

File Explorer, Icon Pic Question: Can anyone tell me what the paper pic on my folder icons is? Just had to reload all software and now I have an addition to my icons. I want to get rid of that addition. Anyone HELP! Here's a pic [ATTACH] Thanks Bob B email me at: *** Email address is removed for...
  5. renaming pic files in folder.

renaming pic files in folder.: Various numbers and letters. This was easy with a simple right click on each pic and insert saved name+ 0 2,3,4,5,6. Now the operation is predicting and inserting and duplicating??? Thus needing more and more reworking - Why?...
  6. PIC to PIC BYTEs divided by 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIC to PIC BYTEs divided by 2: Hi, I have a PCB with 2x PICs on 18F4620 MASTER and 18F4431 SLAVE. The SLAVE READs an Incremental encoder, then the MASTER CALLs for the 2xBYTEs. The SLAVE SEROUT, also a Digital analyser, shows correct BYTEs being SENT. Once in the MASTER, both BYTEs are now 1/2 of what...
  7. Large Icon's instead of Pics

in Windows 10 Customization
    Large Icon's instead of Pics: Recently my Win10 PC started showing so large icons instead of pics for preview. I followed some advice and changed settings, and some folders show pics and some show a combination of pics and icons....
  8. Moving Pics to Folders

Moving Pics to Folders: I have a boatload of pics on my main photos page, all in chronological order based on when I took them or saved them to the computer. I want to get them into folders for different categories. I have created the folders and am able to drag and drop the pics into each folder...
  9. Desktop icons have labels but no pic???

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons have labels but no pic???: Have spent hours trying to resolve this issue but no luck. The picture part of my desktop icons has disappeared. in a folder, file thumbnails show their name/label but no picture. Have already tried the suggested 'canned' methods to repair. Useless....
  10. Shrink pics

in Windows 10 Support
    Shrink pics: Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh, just found out that there is no right click on a pic and then choose to shrink it in Win 10 like there was in Win 7. 19264