Windows 10: Picture/file dates disappear when copying from Phone to P.C?

Discus and support Picture/file dates disappear when copying from Phone to P.C? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a folder on my Samsung S7 with about 1000 images I downloaded in it, most without any kind of metadata but some with. I can always order them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Namealreadyinus, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Picture/file dates disappear when copying from Phone to P.C?

I have a folder on my Samsung S7 with about 1000 images I downloaded in it, most without any kind of metadata but some with. I can always order them with Sort By: Date Modified, as the date modified for all the images is the date I downloaded them.

However, when I tried to download them to my computer (plugged it in via USB, drag and dropped the folder) I found that all the dates modified were when I copied them. The ones with metadata kept their metadata, but I could no longer sort the files by date.

I have done this exact thing with everything the same before, and even with the copied folder zipped the dates were still there.

Any fixes? I tried Robocopy and it doesn't seem to work for externals considering the file path for my phone is This PC\Biolumunescent_Algae\Phone\Download (I named my phone Bioluminescent_Algae).

:)

Namealreadyinus, Apr 2, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Apr 2, 2019
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Picture/file dates disappear when copying from Phone to P.C?

Grouping pictures by month or actual date in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps for sorting the pictures in date wise and check if it helps.

• Go to “file explorer” and open it.
    • Right click on the picture screen.
    • Click on “group by” option and go to more options.
    • Check the box “Date” and click on “Ok”
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

Picture/file dates disappear when copying from Phone to P.C?

1. Picture/file dates disappear when copying from Phone to P.C? - Similar Threads - Picture file dates

2. P C Microphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    P C Microphones: I have windows 10 The webcam was unreliable and I have replaced it with a Logitech C920. Are the Logitech mikes better mikes than the originals in my Computer?The computer is a H.P. Desktop all in one J1G15AA#ABG. I want to use the system to stream live music with vocals....
  3. P C Microphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    P C Microphones: I have windows 10 The webcam was unreliable and I have replaced it with a Logitech C920. Are the Logitech mikes better mikes than the originals in my Computer?The computer is a H.P. Desktop all in one J1G15AA#ABG...
  4. P C Microphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    P C Microphones: I have windows 10 The webcam was unreliable and I have replaced it with a Logitech C920. Are the Logitech mikes better mikes than the originals in my Computer?The computer is a H.P. Desktop all in one J1G15AA#ABG...
  5. When importing pictures from my phone in the Photo app on Windows 10, the date taken changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When importing pictures from my phone in the Photo app on Windows 10, the date taken changes: When importing pictures from my phone in the Photo app on Windows 10, the date taken of these pictures changes to the date of importing current day In previous version you could also select how to import your pictures; I want them to be put into separate folders with the...
  6. Pictures disappeared during 'move' from C to D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures disappeared during 'move' from C to D drive: Hi, My C drive was almost full so I attempted to move pictures by dragging the Photo folder 39GB size of pictures maybe more than 6 thousand pictures and so I dragged the C:\pictures\photo to the D:\picturefoldername and in the process it moved only 11 pictures and the rest...
  7. FILES COPIED CHANGED THE CREATED AND MODIFIED DATES TO THE DATE COPY WAS DONE???

FILES COPIED CHANGED THE CREATED AND MODIFIED DATES TO THE DATE COPY WAS DONE???: Files created over many years were copied form PC WIN 7 to a portable hard drive then my new PC WIN10 File creation dates and modified dates changed to the date copy was done. For my purposes this is disastrous. One answer was I should have used "move" instead of "copy"....
  8. Pictures disappear from Windows Picture Albums

Pictures disappear from Windows Picture Albums: Hello, I imported Iphone and OnePLus pictures to my PC and safely stored them locally in 2 separated folders. I want to use a selection of those pictures to make a photo album with Windows Picture. I successfully included the folders in the windows picture tool, as they...
  9. Pictures Have Disappeared From Pictures Library

in Windows 10 Support
    Pictures Have Disappeared From Pictures Library: Hi all. I was experiencing an issue with my windows desktop where an account was acting funny while logging in. (This is not the issue I'm asking for help with.) After looking at a few fixes I gave up on the issue and decided to create a new user account and simply...
  10. Can't transfer picture files from laptop to phone

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't transfer picture files from laptop to phone: I am a new user to Windows 10. I have a really old phone that I have used to text photos for years. For some reason when I try to transfer picture files from my new laptop to my phone using a memory card, I get this error message. This has never happened with any other...