Windows 10: Picture File Icons

Discus and support Picture File Icons in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have created a file folder to put my pictures in. Each picture in the file is displayed as an icon instead of the actual picture. This is a change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rob_BeeOrganic, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Picture File Icons

I have created a file folder to put my pictures in. Each picture in the file is displayed as an icon instead of the actual picture. This is a change from when I upgraded to windows 10. Now I can't figure out how to change the view of the icon to the picture.

:)

Rob_BeeOrganic, Jan 31, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Picture File Icons

Lost Picture ID + all photo files and Touchpad

Hi Doug,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would like to ask if the option to keep files and settings was selected at the time of roll back to previous version.

Also, some files may be hidden. So, I suggest you to check the size of the drive where the photos were saved. If the files are hidden, suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type/ (copy & paste) the below command line.
    Attrib –h –r –s /s /d D:*.* (Replace the letter ”D” with the drive letter where the photos were saved)

Check if the photos are available.

For the ID picture on sign-in, can set it again by following the steps below:

• Go to PC Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • In the right pane, click on Browse under Add a Picture.
    • Select the desired picture and click on OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Picture File Icons

1. Picture File Icons - Similar Threads - Picture File Icons

2. Icons to Pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons to Pictures: Would like to see pictures inside the folder rather than icons when opening a file folder. Windows 10 pro, Version 20H2, OS Build 19042.928 178009
  3. Picture icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Picture icon: So I am having an issue with the icon that displays of you don't have an image thumbnail. Obviously, that one "photo" icon. I recently removed a 3rd party photo viewer that I no longer use and those icons didn't change back. I tried restartjng and everything but nothing...
  4. Icon Pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon Pictures: How can I change the icon picture on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-pictures/d2afbac0-7d90-4248-b294-1a53e843338d
  5. Icons to Pictures in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons to Pictures in File Explorer: In Windows 10 20H2 OS Build 19042.630 and in File Explorer I would like to see the actual pictures and not just the icons when I open a folder that has either some form of jpeg or video. Ive tried to look through the Tutorials and cannot seem to find the correct one to fix...
  6. start screen remove picture files and icons

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    start screen remove picture files and icons: After transferring a few photos from a memory stick and saving to a file on the laptop, I find them on the start screen. Before that, I noticed new items like Adobe on the start screen and all icons in larger size. I don`t know how this happened but I need to correct it...
  7. Picture Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture Icons: My computer recently updated. Before the update my pictures actually showed the pictures not icons. Now, there are only icons. I tried this - " open Windows Explorer, click on the Organize button and select Folder and Search Options. Select the View Tab and make sure that...
  8. Picture icons

Picture icons: Hi, my problem is when I open a folder with pictures in it, I see some thumbnails but they disappear within a second or so. I have tried the suggested checks in Options (clearing - Always show icons...) but with no success. I have recently installed the Windows update and...
  9. File Explore.. viewing picture icon

File Explore.. viewing picture icon: I used to be able to view a jpg or jpeg file in any folder it was in when I selected that folder.. It was very useful when I wanted to include it in a email or text message and I did not have to memorize the file name instead of looking at the picture and choosing it.. why...
  10. Pictures icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pictures icons: I found one question and answer, with perhaps some others with the same question. But the solution doesn't make sense to me and/or doesn't work. I store a number of my photos in the "Pictures" folder provided - same location as documents, downloads, etc. In the past, the...