Windows 10: Picture file is split in two. Pictures on the left & blank space on right that I don't want

Discus and support Picture file is split in two. Pictures on the left & blank space on right that I don't want in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm using the latest Windows 10. I did something, I think is settings and now when I open my picture file the file is split in two. If I click a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by terryhueffed1, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Picture file is split in two. Pictures on the left & blank space on right that I don't want

I'm using the latest Windows 10. I did something, I think is settings and now when I open my picture file the file is split in two. If I click a picture, that picture appears on the right side of the screen.

I want to see all of my pictures on both sides of the screen, how do I make that happen? *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

terryhueffed1, Jan 13, 2019

2. How to display tile view for pictures in the File Explorer.

Hi Matthew,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in files view settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn on Tiles view of pictures.

1. Open File Explorer where pictures are present.

2. Right click on the blank space in the File Explorer.

3. Then click on View option from the list and choose
    Tiles.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 13, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. mrgeek Win User

Picture file is split in two. Pictures on the left & blank space on right that I don't want

Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

Picture file is split in two. Pictures on the left & blank space on right that I don't want [​IMG]

mrgeek, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Picture file is split in two. Pictures on the left & blank space on right that I don't want

1. Picture file is split in two. Pictures on the left & blank space on right that I don't want - Similar Threads - Picture file split

2. Want to see pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to see pictures: I want to see the original picture in my picture folder. Not a drawn pic of mountains. How can I do this. My husband installed Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-see-pictures/937cc3bc-a053-4fe6-857d-6ddbc5bafe05
  3. Want to see pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to see pictures: I want to see the original picture in my picture folder. Not a drawn pic of mountains. How can I do this. My husband installed Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-see-pictures/937cc3bc-a053-4fe6-857d-6ddbc5bafe05
  4. two folders Pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two folders Pictures: After update to windows 11, my PC have two folders name "Pictures" and have no folder name "Musics". Both of them are link to my picrure folder.How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-folders-pictures/b4066cca-ab55-4188-9ef5-f3be6b9fe324
  5. two folders Pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two folders Pictures: After update to windows 11, my PC have two folders name "Pictures" and have no folder name "Musics". Both of them are link to my picrure folder.How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-folders-pictures/b4066cca-ab55-4188-9ef5-f3be6b9fe324
  6. Right click 'print pictures' blank area in printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right click 'print pictures' blank area in printing: I have a problem with the 'print pictures' function on my windows 10 pc. If i select any image and right click 'print' the 'print pictures' box opens and i see the preview of my image and it looks fine. when i click print, the image prints with a huge blank space in the...
  7. I WANT TO PRINT THE LIST OF TAGS IN PICTURES BUT NOT THE PICTURES

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I WANT TO PRINT THE LIST OF TAGS IN PICTURES BUT NOT THE PICTURES: I WANT TO PRINT JUST THE LIST OF TAGS ON MY PICTURES BUT NOT THE PICTURE . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-print-the-list-of-tags-in-pictures-but/64b7ebf0-d00b-4a08-8be6-a9a4348262dd
  8. Why two Pictures?

Why two Pictures?: I have been trying to figure out why there are two images of mine on the Settings>Accounts>Your Info Page as shown below instead of just one picture but I haven't been able to find any logical reason. Please help me to figure this one out. Amarnath Wanchoo aka [img] 142946
  9. Unable to right click on pictures or files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to right click on pictures or files: With the latest update for Windows 10 I can no longer right click on pictures or folders. When i do I receive the spinning circle that does not stop. when I click on the desktop I receive a white screen...
  10. Two picture folders

Two picture folders: [img] I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question, but here goes. I was downloading some pictures from the internet and in the process of deleting some of the pics and other stuff (blank pages and pages with what looked like the IE icon) I somehow ended up...