Windows 10: picture files

Discus and support picture files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; since my pc updated the other day, when I try to attach a picture to an email or message, and all I see are numbers and letters now, no thumbnails, how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 2funtoyz, Aug 12, 2019.

1. 2funtoyz Win User

picture files

since my pc updated the other day, when I try to attach a picture to an email or message, and all I see are numbers and letters now, no thumbnails, how can I get the thumbnails back, I have clicked the small tab at the bottom of each file changing the numbers and letters to thumbnails and I can see them in the files, but when I try to choose a file for a picture, I still see the numbers and letters, hope this is understandable

:)

2funtoyz, Aug 12, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 12, 2019
  4. picture files

Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

picture files [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

picture files

1. picture files - Similar Threads - picture files

2. BACKGROUND COLOR ON PREVIEW DISPLAY OF PICTURES FILE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BACKGROUND COLOR ON PREVIEW DISPLAY OF PICTURES FILE: hI. my preview pane, displaying folders in a picture file, has a background color of black. used to be white until update. how do I get it back to white again, so I can see black borders on my pictures?...
  3. Printing PDF picture files without the pale pink horizontal stripes across them.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing PDF picture files without the pale pink horizontal stripes across them.: When I use my Canon Pixma MG 6350 printer's scanner function to scan a picture, it saves it to my PC as a PDF file, which it will then on demand convert to a Word-editable file. In either case, the picture always prints with irritating pale pink horizontal background stripes...
  4. Blocked picture files

Blocked picture files: I am not able to view any pictures either on my computer or on flash drives. Everything else opens fine. I've checked Windows defender and other settings. What's up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-picture-files/dbfe1772-04b4-42cf-a6a7-3d8056e4e16d"
  5. how can i save my background display picture to my phots file

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can i save my background display picture to my phots file: how can I save my background display picture to my photos file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-save-my-background-display-picture-to-my/24b07aee-a4b7-40b3-8aaf-24ab1868ccd9
  6. I find Windows 10 so hard,especially with pictures and files

I find Windows 10 so hard,especially with pictures and files: I once had W10 and could not work out how to use it and find photos and files for ages and turned it back to W7,clear,easy,neat. Now bought a new laptop,W10 thrown at me again and I desperately need to send some pictures,quite a lot,but everything is a mess. When downloading...
  7. Picture previews are not showing up in file explorer

Picture previews are not showing up in file explorer: Since about a month ago, I have found that the picture previews in my OneDrive file in File Explorer have disappeared. I suspect it was after an update, but am not certain. When I try to access pictures in that file that do not have a preview, I sometimes get this message:...
  8. Placing pictures in a "file"?

Placing pictures in a "file"?: Hi ___ Nerd, First Class here. Need specific steps to place my pictures into a 'File'. 90 y.o., so be gentle! Wish then to transfer this file to a 'thumb drive'. I was a great Plumber, but this stuff boggles my mind!...
  9. Cant open vidio files in pictures with windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant open vidio files in pictures with windows 10: Hi hope you can help, when I try to view videos' clips in pictures , I just get a message says No items match your search. The clips were downloaded of my Panasonic SDR-H85 camcorder. What am I not doing.? Many thanks, Doug Bushell...
  10. I want File Explorer to look at a different 'Pictures' folder location

in Windows 10 Support
    I want File Explorer to look at a different 'Pictures' folder location: A long time ago, I both moved my various Library folders (Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos) into my OneDrive folder, and re-located my OneDrive folder from my System drive to a different drive on my PC. This all worked fine for a while. At some point since then, Windows...