Windows 10: picture files

Discus and support picture files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; since my pc updated the other day, when I try to attach a picture to an email or message, and all I see are numbers and letters now, no thumbnails, how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 2funtoyz, Aug 12, 2019.

1. 2funtoyz Win User

picture files

since my pc updated the other day, when I try to attach a picture to an email or message, and all I see are numbers and letters now, no thumbnails, how can I get the thumbnails back, I have clicked the small tab at the bottom of each file changing the numbers and letters to thumbnails and I can see them in the files, but when I try to choose a file for a picture, I still see the numbers and letters, hope this is understandable

:)

2funtoyz, Aug 12, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 12, 2019
  4. picture files

Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

picture files [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

picture files

1. picture files - Similar Threads - picture files

2. How to change dates on pictures with incorrect origin date and file shows "Read Only"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change dates on pictures with incorrect origin date and file shows "Read Only": I have imported pictures from my iphone, and the dates the images were taken are not correct. I can change the dates on some of the files but the other files will not let me change the dates. The error code is "Read Only". How can I change these files and prevent wrong dates...
  3. How to change dates on pictures with incorrect origin date and file shows "Read Only"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change dates on pictures with incorrect origin date and file shows "Read Only": I have imported pictures from my iphone, and the dates the images were taken are not correct. I can change the dates on some of the files but the other files will not let me change the dates. The error code is "Read Only". How can I change these files and prevent wrong dates...
  4. File Explorer - how to go to REAL parent folder : Documents, pictures, etc ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer - how to go to REAL parent folder : Documents, pictures, etc ?: It seems like file explorer is moving towards the opposite whatit has alwas been : technical.Before, when in a folder located in C:>use>username>whatever , clicking the parent folder arrow would move back to the username folder. But instead now it is moving to desktop,...
  5. File Explorer - how to go to REAL parent folder : Documents, pictures, etc ?

File Explorer - how to go to REAL parent folder : Documents, pictures, etc ?: It seems like file explorer is moving towards the opposite whatit has alwas been : technical.Before, when in a folder located in C:>use>username>whatever , clicking the parent folder arrow would move back to the username folder. But instead now it is moving to desktop,...
  6. Old Pictures not showing in File Explorer search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Pictures not showing in File Explorer search: So when i use the file explorer search function, sometimes it just doesnt show old pictures and im not sure why. It started doing this a few months ago but before that it worked fine. Any idea how to fix this?...
  7. Old Pictures not showing in File Explorer search

Old Pictures not showing in File Explorer search: So when i use the file explorer search function, sometimes it just doesnt show old pictures and im not sure why. It started doing this a few months ago but before that it worked fine. Any idea how to fix this?...
  8. How to ensure that ALL files in my "Pictures on OneDrive" folder are ALWAYS stored both on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to ensure that ALL files in my "Pictures on OneDrive" folder are ALWAYS stored both on...: Windows 11, FWIWI want the “Always keep on this device” setting to automatically, always be applied to all OneDrive subfolders, regardless of whether the folders are pre-existing or newly created. I want them all to always inherit that setting from that primary local OneDrive...
  9. How to ensure that ALL files in my "Pictures on OneDrive" folder are ALWAYS stored both on...

How to ensure that ALL files in my "Pictures on OneDrive" folder are ALWAYS stored both on...: Windows 11, FWIWI want the “Always keep on this device” setting to automatically, always be applied to all OneDrive subfolders, regardless of whether the folders are pre-existing or newly created. I want them all to always inherit that setting from that primary local OneDrive...
  10. File properties being lost on picture files DNG

File properties being lost on picture files DNG: I have an issue where DNG picture files do not have Thumbnail - just standard default icon.I have deleted Thumbnail cache, increased size of Cache and rebuilt ... no change.Files with or without Thumbnails import happily into Adobe Lightroom and can be used without error.The...