Windows 10: PICTURE FOLDER

Discus and support PICTURE FOLDER in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I HAVE A FOLDER THAT'S SHOWING 0KB, BUT I THOUGHT I SAVE THE PICTURES. I DID A SHORTCUT ON THE DESKTOP AND IT'S SHOWING NOTHING IS THERE. IS THERE ANY... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HULA 76, Jun 14, 2019.

1. HULA 76 Win User

PICTURE FOLDER

I HAVE A FOLDER THAT'S SHOWING 0KB, BUT I THOUGHT I SAVE THE PICTURES. I DID A SHORTCUT ON THE DESKTOP AND IT'S SHOWING NOTHING IS THERE. IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN RETRIEVE IT?

:)

HULA 76, Jun 14, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Mohan B P Win User
    Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jun 14, 2019
  4. mrgeek Win User

PICTURE FOLDER

Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

PICTURE FOLDER [​IMG]

mrgeek, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

PICTURE FOLDER

1. PICTURE FOLDER - Similar Threads - PICTURE FOLDER

2. Why are some photos in my onedrive pictures folder not showing in the photos app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are some photos in my onedrive pictures folder not showing in the photos app?: Many of the photo files stored within the pictures folder on onedrive do not show up in the photos section.This seemed to occur after I got a new phone...
  3. Why are some photos in my onedrive pictures folder not showing in the photos app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are some photos in my onedrive pictures folder not showing in the photos app?: Many of the photo files stored within the pictures folder on onedrive do not show up in the photos section.This seemed to occur after I got a new phone...
  4. Help! Pictures folder became Empty after installing iCloud for Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! Pictures folder became Empty after installing iCloud for Windows: I installed iCloud for Windows in the hope to easily transfer photos from iCloud to my PC. However, even before I fully set up iCloud for Windows, my Pictures folder became empty!I checked properties and there is indeed no file and viewing hidden files also showed nothing.I...
  5. Help! Pictures folder became Empty after installing iCloud for Windows

Help! Pictures folder became Empty after installing iCloud for Windows: I installed iCloud for Windows in the hope to easily transfer photos from iCloud to my PC. However, even before I fully set up iCloud for Windows, my Pictures folder became empty!I checked properties and there is indeed no file and viewing hidden files also showed nothing.I...
  6. File Explorer - how to go to REAL parent folder : Documents, pictures, etc ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer - how to go to REAL parent folder : Documents, pictures, etc ?: It seems like file explorer is moving towards the opposite whatit has alwas been : technical.Before, when in a folder located in C:>use>username>whatever , clicking the parent folder arrow would move back to the username folder. But instead now it is moving to desktop,...
  7. File Explorer - how to go to REAL parent folder : Documents, pictures, etc ?

File Explorer - how to go to REAL parent folder : Documents, pictures, etc ?: It seems like file explorer is moving towards the opposite whatit has alwas been : technical.Before, when in a folder located in C:>use>username>whatever , clicking the parent folder arrow would move back to the username folder. But instead now it is moving to desktop,...
  8. HELP! Desktop, pictures, documents folder location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! Desktop, pictures, documents folder location: Hi all,I have recently moved the location of my desktop, and pictures location from the original to d:Unfortunately, upon moving, I did not create a new photo called d:/desktop, d:/pictures etc, but I merely moved it to the root of D:Now, all my desktop files and picture...
  9. HELP! Desktop, pictures, documents folder location

HELP! Desktop, pictures, documents folder location: Hi all,I have recently moved the location of my desktop, and pictures location from the original to d:Unfortunately, upon moving, I did not create a new photo called d:/desktop, d:/pictures etc, but I merely moved it to the root of D:Now, all my desktop files and picture...
  10. desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive: Hi all,Recently I have played with onedrive big mistake in my windows 11 laptop and accidently caused a lot of issues. After 3 hours, I have fixed most but one problem.My issue now is, the pictures folder, documents and desktop folder are all now saved into the...