Windows 10: Picture icons not showing in Windows10

Discus and support Picture icons not showing in Windows10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a brand new HP laptop with Windows 10. The picture icons in File Explorer are not showing. If I change to a different size icon, sometimes 1 or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShernieL, Jan 2, 2020.

1. ShernieL Win User

Picture icons not showing in Windows10

I have a brand new HP laptop with Windows 10. The picture icons in File Explorer are not showing. If I change to a different size icon, sometimes 1 or 2 pictures will show. If I change again to another size icon, a couple different icons will show - never the same as the previous size.
    I have followed suggestions I found online.

One suggestion to do a disk cleanup worked, then the next day, the icons were gone again.

Can anybody help me?

Thank-you in advance.

:)

ShernieL, Jan 2, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Photo Icons in the Picture Folders

Hi,

Misconfigured view settings is on of the usual reasons why it is not displaying the actual photo. We suggest checking the settings of your folder to make sure it show the icons, instead of the thumbnail. Kindly follow the steps below to check it:

• Open Picture folder.
    • Choose View tab at the top, then click the (Square icon) Options as shown on the picture below:
      Picture icons not showing in Windows10 acdc00f8-fb41-47d4-960e-166f8c7715e3.png
    • Click View tab, put a check mark on the box beside the
      Always show icons, never thumbnails. See picture below:

Picture icons not showing in Windows10 25255605-64c1-4d21-92f9-f2dcf1a0791d.png
    • Close the folder, and check if you will be able to see the display picture for each icon.

Kindly update us with the outcome.

Mayra Aqu, Jan 2, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Picture icons not showing in Windows10 - Similar Threads - Picture icons showing

2. Windows10 start menu showing old icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows10 start menu showing old icons: Hi, I recently repaired my windows 10 with iso file, not a clean install then I noticed that the start menu icons are old and not transparent. I tried some solutions like deleting the folder named 100 in :...
  3. Windows10 start menu showing old icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 start menu showing old icons: Hi, I recently repaired my windows 10 with iso file, not a clean install then I noticed that the start menu icons are old and not transparent. I tried some solutions like deleting the folder named 100 in :...
  4. Windows10 start menu showing old icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. not showing mini picture on search icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not showing mini picture on search icon: not showing mini picture on search icon on my pc and laptop but other PCs are showing. it's showing bing ai chat icon. how to return mini pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-showing-mini-picture-on-search-icon/7242ab95-9590-4830-99b0-91736df4a8c5
  6. not showing mini picture on search icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not showing mini picture on search icon: not showing mini picture on search icon on my pc and laptop but other PCs are showing. it's showing bing ai chat icon. how to return mini pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-showing-mini-picture-on-search-icon/7242ab95-9590-4830-99b0-91736df4a8c5
  7. Windows10 pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows10 pictures: I have more than 90 Gb pictures saved on my hard disk. Many of these are duplicates and individullay finding them is a daunting task. Is there an easier wayor tool on Winodws 10 to identify duplicates? Much thanks for your help..........Vish...
  8. Desktop icons not showing as the picture

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons not showing as the picture: I turned on this morning to find that my desktop is populated with icons or thumbnails or whatever they are called and I want them to show as the picture not just some blank square. I have Googled it but cannot find any answers any ideas greatly appreciated see pic solved I...
  9. Generic icons showing instead of pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Generic icons showing instead of pictures: I am a Windows 10 user. Some of the icons are not showing pictures on the thumbnails, just a generic icon. Other images are showing. It's a mixture. The correct view options are checked/unchecked and the problem persist on any size icon. Can you help me with this issue?...
  10. Icon issue (pictures not showing sometimes)

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon issue (pictures not showing sometimes): What causes these 3 square blocks? [img] happens on various forums and websites. chrome 10 dell My system: View image: info pc 50003

Users found this page by searching for:

1. programs not showing in task bar lenovo

2. my surface laptop stopped showing icons

3. picture icons not showing on the laptop

4. picture icons do not display on windows 10