Windows 10: Picture icons

Discus and support Picture icons in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, my problem is when I open a folder with pictures in it, I see some thumbnails but they disappear within a second or so. I have tried the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ken W Hawkins, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Picture icons

Hi, my problem is when I open a folder with pictures in it, I see some thumbnails but they disappear within a second or so.

I have tried the suggested checks in Options (clearing - Always show icons...) but with no success. I have recently installed the Windows update and subsequently uninstalled it.

Any ideas what to try next?

:)

Ken W Hawkins, Jun 12, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Picture icons

Photo Icons in the Picture Folders

Hi,

Misconfigured view settings is on of the usual reasons why it is not displaying the actual photo. We suggest checking the settings of your folder to make sure it show the icons, instead of the thumbnail. Kindly follow the steps below to check it:

• Open Picture folder.
    • Choose View tab at the top, then click the (Square icon) Options as shown on the picture below:
      Picture icons acdc00f8-fb41-47d4-960e-166f8c7715e3.png
    • Click View tab, put a check mark on the box beside the
      Always show icons, never thumbnails. See picture below:

Picture icons 25255605-64c1-4d21-92f9-f2dcf1a0791d.png
    • Close the folder, and check if you will be able to see the display picture for each icon.

Kindly update us with the outcome.

Mayra Aqu, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Picture icons

1. Picture icons - Similar Threads - Picture icons

2. How to permanently remove “Learn about this picture” icon on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently remove “Learn about this picture” icon on my desktop?: Whenever I start my computer the app starts and disrupts my wallpapers I already have on my pc. Whenever I right click it, it takes me somewhere else instead of the usual options like deleting it. Also I try to drag it do the recycle bin it doesn’t do anything. I also tried...
  3. How to permanently remove “Learn about this picture” icon on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to permanently remove “Learn about this picture” icon on my desktop?: Whenever I start my computer the app starts and disrupts my wallpapers I already have on my pc. Whenever I right click it, it takes me somewhere else instead of the usual options like deleting it. Also I try to drag it do the recycle bin it doesn’t do anything. I also tried...
  4. How Do I Remove White Pictures On Desktop Icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Remove White Pictures On Desktop Icons?: How to remove these white parts of my desktop icons. I want a clean desktop without these https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-white-pictures-on-desktop-icons/665ccbb3-042d-46b4-b70e-6cc72f9d209e
  5. How Do I Remove White Pictures On Desktop Icons?

How Do I Remove White Pictures On Desktop Icons?: How to remove these white parts of my desktop icons. I want a clean desktop without these https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-white-pictures-on-desktop-icons/665ccbb3-042d-46b4-b70e-6cc72f9d209e
  6. Why do i need to run a command prompt to remove the "learn about this picture" icon on my...

Why do i need to run a command prompt to remove the "learn about this picture" icon on my...: Why is it that they've added a new intrusive feature to the desktop that can't be removed by orienting the GUI. It is quite intrusive and annoying....
  7. Why do i need to run a command prompt to remove the "learn about this picture" icon on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do i need to run a command prompt to remove the "learn about this picture" icon on my...: Why is it that they've added a new intrusive feature to the desktop that can't be removed by orienting the GUI. It is quite intrusive and annoying....
  8. White arrows in green boxes on my picture icons in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White arrows in green boxes on my picture icons in Windows Explorer: How do I eliminate the white arrows in green boxes on my picture icons in Windows Explorer, Windows 11 Home version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-arrows-in-green-boxes-on-my-picture-icons-in/4cc8bcde-e726-4c3c-a318-6a1982072fbf
  9. White arrows in green boxes on my picture icons in Windows Explorer

White arrows in green boxes on my picture icons in Windows Explorer: How do I eliminate the white arrows in green boxes on my picture icons in Windows Explorer, Windows 11 Home version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-arrows-in-green-boxes-on-my-picture-icons-in/4cc8bcde-e726-4c3c-a318-6a1982072fbf
  10. neither my Pictures. videos and window c icon is displaying nor they are opening. Just...

neither my Pictures. videos and window c icon is displaying nor they are opening. Just...: neither my Pictures. videos and window c icon is displaying nor they are opening. Just after opening the File Explorer it shows not responding and gives a blank display...