Windows 10: Picture Import from SD Not Working

Discus and support Picture Import from SD Not Working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I plug in an SD card from my camera I get a window titled COLLECTION, with a pop-up saying "Is this the right device? We couldn't find anything to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nigelmercier, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Picture Import from SD Not Working

When I plug in an SD card from my camera I get a window titled COLLECTION, with a pop-up saying "Is this the right device? We couldn't find anything to import on this device."

I can of course browse to the SD card, but I quite liked the import feature.

[Later] If I change the AutoPlay default to use Windows Live Photo Gallery rather than Pictures, it seems to work, but I don't really like WLPG.

:)

nigelmercier, Jul 30, 2015

2. how do you import pictures from a SD card in Windows 10

how do you import pictures from a SD card in Windows 10

dalecummins, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - Imported Photos NOT in Pictures Folder?

Hi,

Had the same problem in importing pictures from SD Card to folder just went straight to App.

Selected Settings, clicked Devices, clicked autoplay, selected SD Card and import using Windows Live pictures. Inserted SD again and this time Windows Live came up, aske me to name the file and imported.

harferdaily, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Picture Import from SD Not Working

So am I alone in this?

nigelmercier, Aug 6, 2015
  5. Al Rinaldi, Aug 10, 2015
  6. Problems here too...when i try to import using Windows 10 Photo App it says "Connect the device that you want to import from, and make sure its turned on and unlocked."
    The same SD card works in another Windows 10 computer. It also works using Windows Live Photo Gallery but I too do not want to use that to import.

carlos28355, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Picture Import from SD Not Working

1. Picture Import from SD Not Working - Similar Threads - Picture Import Working

2. Importing pictures from camera

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing pictures from camera: Up until recently when I imported multiple pictures they would be grouped into a file folder and listed with the file folder type. Now my pictures are importing individually with the jpg type. How do I go back to importing multiple pictures into a file folder as a group?...
  3. Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder

Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder: Just Reset Photos because it is not importing pictures from my Pictures Folder but is happily importing them from other folders. Option is to share but how to I get it to import them. It was working a few days ago...
  4. Importing pics from an SD card.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Importing pics from an SD card.: Have downloaded pictures from SD card for 2 years without problems and now when I click import it just circles a minute and whole photo page goes away to home screen. When I try to click on import items not previously imported it freezes up and won't do anything....
  5. Importing Photos from SD Card

Importing Photos from SD Card: Why are some of my pictures inverted when i import them on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-photos-from-sd-card/a44b69e9-3973-43f7-9a8a-8077a02b6dcf
  6. import photos from sd card

import photos from sd card: sorry...I inserted the sd camera card in the desktop tower...I went to the picture app . did import... it will not allow the photo s to download. I just did this last month and all worked well. I don't understand why this time when I: went to the windows...
  7. importing pictures from a camera

importing pictures from a camera: Up until yesterday, when I plugged in my Canon camera with a USB cord to my computer, all I had to do was turn on the camera and Windows 10 automatically imported only my most recent photos. But today, when I turn my camera on, Windows 10 won't do that, and the only way I...
  8. Importing photos from SD card into Pictures folder on Windows 10

Importing photos from SD card into Pictures folder on Windows 10: This is Day Three of my attempting to import photos from my SD card into a folder in Pictures on Windows 10. I hit a roadblock every single time. The last one I tried was from a British advisor's video. Things went well until he said, after I had selected the pictures I...
  9. Importing photos from an SD card

Importing photos from an SD card: When I import photos from an SD card, sometimes windows will break the photos up into two dates. So one half has (for example) December 10, 2019 and the other half has December 11, 2019. And to make it more interesting, the latter date hasn't even happened yet (the date...
  10. Importing Pictures from SD card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing Pictures from SD card: I can't get the Photos app to import pictures from my SD card reader. For a while I had Live Photo Viewer as the default import action (can't remember how), but I'd quite like to get it working with a default app. I note that when I right click on my SD drive, I don't get the...