Windows 10: Picture in custom theme disappeared

Discus and support Picture in custom theme disappeared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I had a custom theme with 1 picture in it, and the picture has disappeared. I can see the thumbnail on the .theme file, but under "apply a theme",... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AgentOrange55, May 3, 2019.

1. Picture in custom theme disappeared

So I had a custom theme with 1 picture in it, and the picture has disappeared. I can see the thumbnail on the .theme file, but under "apply a theme", it just shows a black box above the name of my custom theme. Is there anyway to recover the picture, as it has seemed to disappear off my computer. (I check my recycle bin, it's not there. Picture in custom theme disappeared :(
    But if it's showing up in the thumbnail, it must be somewhere on the computer?

:)

AgentOrange55, May 3, 2019

2. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 3, 2019
  3. SarahKong Win User
    Customizing Themes

Yes you can create your own themes if that is what you are asking.

We do this at our office for our corp image. Create a theme and desktop image then capture that image and reuse it.

See link on step by step on how to do this.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/create-custom-th...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

SarahKong, May 3, 2019
  4. Picture in custom theme disappeared

Themes Disappeared (N95 8GB)

I have installed several themes (over 20) to my N95 8GB, then noticed that after installing some of them, some previous ones would disappear.

I try to install again the missing themes, but they still don't show up in the themes list. Is this a bug in the firmware or in the themes installation package?

Here are some notes:

- I downloaded the themes from a well know website

- I saved the SIS files on the mass memory and run the installation from there

- Most of the installed themes don't show up under App. Manager, although they are listed under my themes list and I can select them and use them

- One of the listed themes would disappear from the list after installing another one

- When I try to re-install a missing theme, I get a message like "theme xx already exists. Replace version 1.00(0) with version 1.00(0)?" I select OK, but when installation is done I still don't see the theme in the list.

Any idea about this problem?

Thanks

mrsmith---01, May 3, 2019
Thema:

Picture in custom theme disappeared

1. Picture in custom theme disappeared - Similar Threads - Picture custom theme

2. Background theme disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background theme disappeared: I was just moving some files over to my old HDD after I installed a new SSD, that the OS in now on, and all of a sudden my background screen turned off. I tried to put a new theme on but it won't let me and I have no idea how to fix it. I didn't transfer any of the microsoft...
  3. Deleting a custom theme in personalization/themes

Deleting a custom theme in personalization/themes: I can't find a way to delete a custom theme. I replace the background with a picture and 10 min. later the theme photos return. Even when I choose another theme it only lasts 10 minutes before reverting back. HDI delete this persistent theme?...
  4. Background theme pictures

Background theme pictures: Recently when I turn on my computer, the desk top theme or even the solid back ground colors appear to have a foggy haze overlaying the phot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-theme-pictures/ee564161-feb1-44d3-8976-909768028557
  5. Theme customization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Theme customization: I tried to customize windows in terms of background and text. In order to do that, I had to select high contrast setting and then do whatever I want. It did worked pretty fine, BUT, Excel's background turned black on its own and I have a huge lists with differently colored...
  6. A problem with customized theme

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A problem with customized theme: Hi guys Days ago my laptop ran out of battery and went to hibernate and I turned it on again without recharged it ,After a less than 5 minutes suddenly it shutdown itself and when I turned it on after I recharged it stuck on login screen, every times I enter my password it...
  7. Theme pictures

Theme pictures: When I open background themes, I don't see all the pictures in a theme, like I did when I had Windows 7. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/theme-pictures/5abb463c-5885-4a55-95b4-5c001ca27c21
  8. Custom Themes

Custom Themes: So,I just uninstalled a theme,now,i cant open settings,doesn't show me nothing.And when I try to open personalize it shows me this: ______________________________________________________________________ |_ms-settings:personalization-background_____________________|✖️| |...
  9. Customizing Themes

Customizing Themes: I would like to add corporate information e.g. company vision, mission, objectives etc onto some of the nice images that come with Windows 7/10 so that while the computer is ideal I can use it to communication good and useful company information. Is this allowable by MS?...
  10. Custom themes not working

Custom themes not working: Whenever I try to use a custom theme downloaded from the likes of DeviantArt, I get this (i.e. horrible big borders and boxes round the minimize etc buttons, and no element of the theme), it's basically the same as the inbuilt Aero Lite theme: [img] Rather than what it...