Windows 10: Picture jpg views as icons

Discus and support Picture jpg views as icons in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I moved my picture files to a new computer, the views were all changed and mixed, and I can't change them all to actual picture icons as I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bob S WhIL, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Picture jpg views as icons

When I moved my picture files to a new computer, the views were all changed and mixed, and I can't change them all to actual picture icons as I had before.

:)

Bob S WhIL, Mar 14, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Photo Icons in the Picture Folders

Hi,

Misconfigured view settings is on of the usual reasons why it is not displaying the actual photo. We suggest checking the settings of your folder to make sure it show the icons, instead of the thumbnail. Kindly follow the steps below to check it:

• Open Picture folder.
    • Choose View tab at the top, then click the (Square icon) Options as shown on the picture below:
      Picture jpg views as icons acdc00f8-fb41-47d4-960e-166f8c7715e3.png
    • Click View tab, put a check mark on the box beside the
      Always show icons, never thumbnails. See picture below:

Picture jpg views as icons 25255605-64c1-4d21-92f9-f2dcf1a0791d.png
    • Close the folder, and check if you will be able to see the display picture for each icon.

Kindly update us with the outcome.

Mayra Aqu, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Can't view pictures on image icons

Hi MPishoto,

Step 1:

1. Click the Organize button on any folder, and choose Folder and Search Options from the menu.

2. Click the View tab, and thenuncheck the option to “Always show icons, never thumbnails checkbox”.

Step 2:

To view thumbnails of your pictures, follow the steps below:

1. Open the Pictures library by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Pictures.

2. In the left pane, click the folder that contains the pictures you want to view.

3. Click the arrow next to the Views button, and then move the slider to change the size of the thumbnails.

Access the link below for more information on thumbnail in Windows 7.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Vie...

Hope this helps. Let us know the results.

Thanks and Regards,

Vanshita

vanshitavanshita, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Picture jpg views as icons

Change view layout for pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it works,

Make sure that the "Always show icon, never thumbnail option is unchecked".

Follow the steps below to do so:

• Type File explorer options in search tab and enter
    • Go to view tab
    Under advance settings make sure that the "Always show icon, never thumbnail option is unchecked"

Please reply us for further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Picture jpg views as icons

1. Picture jpg views as icons - Similar Threads - Picture jpg views

2. How can I view pictures and not Icons.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I view pictures and not Icons.: How can I view photos and not Icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-view-pictures-and-not-icons/21cd6b68-812b-4e74-8688-85591d1c5e89
  3. .jpg unable to view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .jpg unable to view: A few months ago when I was trying to look at some old pics that I have saved on my computer decided not to work. The icon changed and when I click on it, it will open but has an error telling me it can't open this file. I have changed the default app viewer and that did not...
  4. .jpg file pictures corrupt

.jpg file pictures corrupt: Some of my pictures are corrupt. I can't see the pictures. The error message tells me that the .jpg is not supported. This is only happening with one file folder. Anyway to fix it?...
  5. Can't view pictures on image icons

Can't view pictures on image icons: Hi Lately I've had this issue - I can't see the pictures of the icon images. No matter what size. I have Windows 10 and all the suggestions I read here do not work/apply. I've reset my computer not long ago, so maybe this is part of the problem?...
  6. picture view instead of Icon

picture view instead of Icon: for some reason when I open a folder with pictures the icon of a blue mountain in a box appears for each picture. If I use the feature of slide show they pics display ok and I can individually click icon to open the picture and that displays ok. And some times the pic will...
  7. View pictures

View pictures: How come there is'nt a standard program installed for the simple task of viewing a god damn picture in the even more stupid windows 10? Please explain the motivation behind that....
  8. File Explore.. viewing picture icon

File Explore.. viewing picture icon: I used to be able to view a jpg or jpeg file in any folder it was in when I selected that folder.. It was very useful when I wanted to include it in a email or text message and I did not have to memorize the file name instead of looking at the picture and choosing it.. why...
  9. Viewing jpg pictures

Viewing jpg pictures: New W10. In W7 I would simply click on a picture to enlarge it. Some of mine are cartoon drawings with the punch line or caption running along the bottom. Just one left click was needed to view the whole thing. Can such a simple procedure be found in W10? When I click on...
  10. Viewing pictures

Viewing pictures: I have an ACDsee picture viewer that I like to use, but everytime I click on a picture the windows photo viewer shows the picture, how can I stop this and view my picture in ACDsee 25875