Windows 10: Picture keeps disappearing off monitor

Discus and support Picture keeps disappearing off monitor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a PC running Windows 10. I put my 40 inch Philips monitor on it the other day. However, the next day when I turned the computer on the monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ironside, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Ironside Win User

Picture keeps disappearing off monitor

I have a PC running Windows 10. I put my 40 inch Philips monitor on it the other day. However, the next day when I turned the computer on the monitor didn't seem to come on. The little blue light was flashing so I knew there was power going to the monitor. I had to really start the computer by holding down the on/off button because obviously I couldn't see anything on the computer screen. The second time I switched the PC on the monitor worked perfectly okay. I thought it was just a glitch to begin with. However, during the day the monitor went off again and yet again I had to turn the computer off from the CPU. A couple of times the PC turned on but wasn't sending anything to my monitor so I had to restart again. This probably happened several times before I put another computer in place and nothing untoward has happened since. I want to try and sort this problem out because I want to use the other computer.

I'm sure I'm right in saying that when you switch the computer on it normally makes a couple of beeps. I could be wrong but I don't think it makes these two beeps if the monitor isn't going to work properly. But don't hold me to that, I could be wrong.

This has definitely got nothing to do with the monitor because I'm using it on another PC at the moment and I have not seen any problems occur. This has something to do with the way the other PC sends information to the monitor. I must add that I have tried wiggling the cable to make sure it's not a loose connection, that didn't make any difference at all.

:)

Ironside, Oct 26, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Picture keeps disappearing off monitor

my picture

There may be some issues with the actual location where the folder is then. Let us try this troubleshooting steps as the next solution. First delete the old folder where the images disappear. Next is we need to create a new pictures folder and the save
    the files there instead.

Monitor the folder and check if the pictures still get deleted. Also Kindly check the recycle bin and see if the deleted pictures are listed.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Picture keeps disappearing off monitor

1. Picture keeps disappearing off monitor - Similar Threads - Picture keeps disappearing

2. pictures disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pictures disappeared: HelloWhile i open the comments in facebook page to share a picture , so suddenly i did not find most of it , disappeared .?So, please how to get it backThanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-disappeared/32de8736-bcb0-49e8-8337-392c7e285dc1
  3. pictures disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pictures disappeared: HelloWhile i open the comments in facebook page to share a picture , so suddenly i did not find most of it , disappeared .?So, please how to get it backThanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-disappeared/32de8736-bcb0-49e8-8337-392c7e285dc1
  4. pictures disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Primary monitor keeps disappearing!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Primary monitor keeps disappearing!: My primary monitor only supports HDMI input, and my second monitor is VGA only. I am currently using a Displayport to HDMI adapter to run my primary monitor, and an HDMI to VGA adaptor to run the second screen. The problem is that any time the PC goes into power saving mode,...
  6. Primary monitor keeps disappearing!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Primary monitor keeps disappearing!: My primary monitor only supports HDMI input, and my second monitor is VGA only. I am currently using a Displayport to HDMI adapter to run my primary monitor, and an HDMI to VGA adaptor to run the second screen. The problem is that any time the PC goes into power saving mode,...
  7. Picture thumbnails and taskbar icons keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Picture thumbnails and taskbar icons keep disappearing: [IMG] I've tried almost every basic fix and more specific fix I can to try and handle this, and it still keeps happening. It's been fine for a while, but I just realized it happened again. Can absolutely anyone tell me why in the world this is happening or how to fix it?...
  8. Second Monitor keeps blinking on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor keeps blinking on and off: When I connect my laptop ASUS - windows 10 to a second monitor Dell S2340LC it's working sometimes but after a few minutes or when I maximize a software google chrome on my second monitor it turns off then on then off. It just keeps on turning on and off. What do you think is...
  9. Disappearing pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disappearing pictures: I have just read the posts from September 2015, and find it incredible that this problem still persists in May 2019, but persists it does, it has just happened to me. I am more fortunate as I trust no one, no not I, so I only delete images from camera and iPhone that I...
  10. Monitor keeps cutting off and on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor keeps cutting off and on: Ryzen 5 2400G (3.60 GHz) 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz 1 TB HDD 120 GB SSD Windows 10 Home 64-Bit NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB Hello, I have been having monitor problems ever since I hooked up my second monitor. My primary is HDMI, and the second - Yiynova MSP19U a pen tablet...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i keep screen from disappearing and reverting to desk topj

2. lockscreen images keeps dissappearing