Windows 10: Picture Library - Arrange photos by Day

Discus and support Picture Library - Arrange photos by Day in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear Windows Community, One of the most useful tools I utilise to view and arrange photos is through the Pictures Library. By right clicking any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Smiler91, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Smiler91 Win User

Picture Library - Arrange photos by Day

Dear Windows Community,

One of the most useful tools I utilise to view and arrange photos is through the Pictures Library. By right clicking any space other than the folders in the library and selecting "Arrange by Day", I was able to view all of my photos by day/ date taken no matter which folder they were located in.

I have recently run into a very annoying problem. For whatever reason my main picture folder is only now viewable when I select "Hidden Items" in the View Menu of the File Explorer tool bar. Worse than that the 10328 images are for some reason all collated under the date 12/08/2019 (n.b. when I have checked the individual photos in their respective folders they have their own original date taken)

Picture Library - Arrange photos by Day 5ed565ef-7b25-4d9d-b627-165ad98169a5?upload=true.png

I have tried restoring default library settings under library tools to no avail. What I did find is that the recent Windows feature update shares the same date, 12/08/2019. Could this have wrecked my pictures library?

Picture Library - Arrange photos by Day 70cc9a1a-80ff-44b0-819f-89f46361268a?upload=true.png

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thank you,

Smiler

:)

Smiler91, Oct 2, 2019
  2. Basith M Win User

windows photo viewer

Hi,

I apologize for the delay in responding and for the inconvenience caused.

If you are trying to sort/arrange photos by name in Photo App, then I suggest you to arrange the same in Pictures folder and then check in Photos app. In the Photo App, the photos are displayed as per their arrangement in the Pictures Library.

You can sort the photos according to the name by following the steps below:

a. Open Library and select
    Pictures.

b. In the Pictures Library Window, right-click on empty space and select
    Sort by.

c. Under Sort by, select
    Name and Ascending options.

This will arrange the photos alphabetically.

Please feel free to visit our website for any help with Windows Operating System.

Basith M, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Google Photos not visible in Pictures library

I have set-up the Google Drive app, and I can see the contents in Windows Explorer. It includes the Google Photos folder. In the Photos App, I have successfully added the Google Photos folder to the list of folders.

However, I want to be able to work with these files in the file explorer as well. Specifically, I want them in my Pictures library, but they are not there even though I've tried to add the Google Photos folder to my Pictures library.

In File Explorer, I open Google Drive, right-click on Google Photos, and select "Include in Library...Pictures". A pop-up says:

Code:
    Google Photos is already included in the library.
    In the Pictures library, I can try to search for a filename from Google Photos, and it is not there.

How do I view my Google Photos folder in the Pictures library?

jdmuratore, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Syed N Win User

How do you arrange items by day?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

"Arrange by" option is no more listed in the Windows Explorer tool bar.

The option is available as mentioned below.

• Right click on the empty space in the Library (like in the Pictures folder.)
    • Click Arrange by, from here you can sort the libraries in the way you were able to do it in Windows 7.
    Do reply if you have more questions.

Syed N, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Picture Library - Arrange photos by Day - Similar Threads - Picture Library Arrange

2. Libraries - Arrange by Month

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Libraries - Arrange by Month: In a Libraries->Pictures folder, if I arrange by Folder, my files are shown. If I arrange by Month, they are not.Some things I've tried after reading similar posts:-Rebooted-Created a new local test account-Created a new test folder and added to the librarySame results with a...
  3. Windows 10-photos in arrange by month will not show all my pictures

Windows 10-photos in arrange by month will not show all my pictures: Hi,I finally figured out how to arrange pictures by month by going in through Libraries and right-clicking "arrange by". However, once I do that I cannot see all of my pictures. There are over 4,000 pictures in this folder from almost every month from 2013 to present. But...
  4. Windows 10 Pictures Library won't "arrange by day" files and folders transferred from...

Windows 10 Pictures Library won't "arrange by day" files and folders transferred from...: I've just moved from a Windows 7 PC to new Windows 10 PC. I have transferred all my image files on to the new PC's HDD and created a pictures folder holding multiple subject folders and linked it to the Windows Pictures Library on the SSD. It all seems to work fine. I can...
  5. "Photos" app shows all pictures in selected folders; "Pictures" library shows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Photos" app shows all pictures in selected folders; "Pictures" library shows...: I want my Pictures library to show me all of my pictures. I assume that's part of the point of the library. When I go into the Library and add my folders, it adds the entire folder and everything in it. On a previous topic, one user suggested clicking "Optimize for...
  6. windows photos app not automatically loading photos into My Pictures library on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows photos app not automatically loading photos into My Pictures library on pc: The photos app on windows used to automatically upload photos into the My Pictures library on the pc. No longer. I have noted that I have no photos uploaded for all of 2020. How do I reinstate this function. I load photos from my camera/phone into the windows app with no...
  7. Arranging Photos

Arranging Photos: So I am having an issue viewing my photos in the correct order that they are in? For instance, let's say in one of my folders are my photos of a vacation. They're sorted by date + time, it's all correct. But, when I go to view the photos one by one in a slideshow, they're all...
  8. Pictures Library Arrange by month how to go by date taken instead of date modified?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pictures Library Arrange by month how to go by date taken instead of date modified?: submitted by /u/Slayz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ekc3xb/pictures_library_arrange_by_month_how_to_go_by/
  9. Google Photos not visible in Pictures library

Google Photos not visible in Pictures library: I have set-up the Google Drive app, and I can see the contents in Windows Explorer. It includes the Google Photos folder. In the Photos App, I have successfully added the Google Photos folder to the list of folders. However, I want to be able to work with these files in the...
  10. Music Library "Arrange By" function is empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Music Library "Arrange By" function is empty: Hello, I have this weird problem with my music library folder. When I select any parameter on the "Arrange By" function, it returns that the folder is empty. The problem is, that I have over 7000 mp3 files in the folder, and it doesn't sort by Album for example. How...