Windows 10: picture library is not showing subfolders any longer windows 10 pro v 2004

Discus and support picture library is not showing subfolders any longer windows 10 pro v 2004 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; since the last update i can no longer arrange by month / day etc as it will only show photos available in the root directory of each path in the photos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by scubastevexj, Dec 1, 2020.

1. picture library is not showing subfolders any longer windows 10 pro v 2004

since the last update i can no longer arrange by month / day etc as it will only show photos available in the root directory of each path in the photos library.

example c:/users/abcd/pictures

but not c:/users/abcd/pictures/2020

for example 2020 sub folder has 999 photos 14 sub folders, but does not show up in pictures library. the library only shows 179 pictures for the entire path.

picture library is not showing subfolders any longer windows 10 pro v 2004 60057cc9-4ed0-4ecc-9c68-02b0ec2d048f?upload=true.jpg

picture library is not showing subfolders any longer windows 10 pro v 2004 73127c2c-9f56-4a6c-998e-97e13530d01c?upload=true.jpg

Library when arrange by month only shows a couple years and I have sub folders for each year for the last 20 years.

picture library is not showing subfolders any longer windows 10 pro v 2004 937a9831-a4ed-4e90-89fd-466eb1e1a98a?upload=true.jpg

any help is appreciated.

:)

scubastevexj, Dec 1, 2020
  2. wallace99 Win User

Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Thanks Rhina

I did what you suggested but it ended up making OneDrive the Pictures library. This may have something to do with the way i originally moved the Pictures folders to OneDrive. I probably should explain:

Because there already was a (fairly empty) Pictures folder under OneDrive (automatically set up I think when transferring a few Ipad photos to PC via OneDrive) I had moved the top level Pictures folders into D/users/myname/OneDrive rather than moving
    the Pictures folder itself. This was probably a bit stupid but I subsequently moved the top level Pictures folders into that pre-existing Pictures folder on OneDrive and that's how we got to where we are today.

To continue after that diversion. Following the restore you suggested, the pictures folder under Libraries was still wrong but it looked a lot better ie it was no longer offering me a choice of locations for Pictures folders and, instead was just showing
    me all the top level folders for what it (wrongly) thought was the Pictures folder. But it was still not appearing directly under This PC.

My next step was to go into Properties option for Libraries/Pictures. Here I simply added the correct location D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures and deleted the location D/users/myname/OneDrive which at that time was the current location.

So, on the Positive side:

• Libraries/Pictures now shows what I would expect ie my top level Pictures folders

But, on the negative side:

• Pictures still does not appear under This PC, unlike Documents, Videos, Music etc
    • in the Photos app, if I go to Folders option, it shows the folder as OneDrive, not OneDrive/Pictures even though, if i go into "choose where to look" it is correctly showing OneDrive/Pictures as the location. Obviously i can still get to the photos I need
      but it's an extra unnecessary step
    That's where i am currently.

wallace99, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Library subfolders not auto applying view settings

Same thing just happened to me just now, with the latest autoupdate of windows. Previously I have a "list" view of my files and folders (because it's easier to find and move files in this manner) in the documents
    and videos LIBRARY, and all of the subfolders also showed "list" view; but after the update, everything changed in view style; and when I arranged the top folders on the library, the subfolders and files inside still retained it's previous view (which is Large
    Icons). Is there already a remedy to this?

Ferdinand Laguatan, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

picture library is not showing subfolders any longer windows 10 pro v 2004

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

picture library is not showing subfolders any longer windows 10 pro v 2004

1. picture library is not showing subfolders any longer windows 10 pro v 2004 - Similar Threads - picture library showing

2. subfolder pictures don't save windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    subfolder pictures don't save windows 10: Hello am wondering how to keep my folders/subfolders with pictures not icons as i try to go to properties customise pictures ticked the box also apply this template to all sub folders. but when i shift the folder to another folder the pictures in subfolders return to general...
  3. subfolder pictures don't save windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    subfolder pictures don't save windows 10: Hello am wondering how to keep my folders/subfolders with pictures not icons as i try to go to properties customise pictures ticked the box also apply this template to all sub folders. but when i shift the folder to another folder the pictures in subfolders return to general...
  4. subfolder pictures don't save windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Photo are no longer going to subfolder in picture director

Photo are no longer going to subfolder in picture director: Hi, Since the Window 10 update back in December, we had various issues with folders. We fixed most of them except one. Whenever we import any photo from a camera, it imports all the pictures into the top ../pictures directory instead putting them in the folders by the...
  6. folders no longer created in pictures library in new computer

folders no longer created in pictures library in new computer: On my old laptop running Windows 10, when I imported photos from an SD card, they were sorted automatically by 'date taken' into subfolders. I recently updated to a desktop, also running Windows 10, and this functionality seems to have been lost. I copied the existing...
  7. Windows 10 2004 Profile Picture in Settings App Not Showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 2004 Profile Picture in Settings App Not Showing: I reformatted my laptop and the profile picture from my Microsoft account didn't sync, so I had to manually browse for the .png. However, the home page of settings still has my profile picture as blank, and I already ran sfc /scannow and dism procedures, as well as resetting...
  8. "Photos" app shows all pictures in selected folders; "Pictures" library shows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Photos" app shows all pictures in selected folders; "Pictures" library shows...: I want my Pictures library to show me all of my pictures. I assume that's part of the point of the library. When I go into the Library and add my folders, it adds the entire folder and everything in it. On a previous topic, one user suggested clicking "Optimize for...
  9. windows 10 V 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 V 2004: Hi everyone have just bought and installed a brand new ssd drive in my PC, i had earlier downloaded the latest windows 10 v 2004 onto a USB drive which i then installed onto the new ssd drive, it installed beautifully and smooth no problems whatsoever, however i have noticed...
  10. Windows 10 2004 picture password not show in sign-in option

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 2004 picture password not show in sign-in option: Windows 10 20H1 2004, picture password not show in sign-in option, plz help me. thanks. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-2004-picture-password-not-show-in-sign/07148517-6c67-4a30-b4a1-9a4e0d027699