Windows 10: Picture numbers instead of a photo

Discus and support Picture numbers instead of a photo in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use Windows Live Photo Gallery to store my photos. I am listing one of my rentals on Craigslist but when I click on Add Images I get a screen that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Trudy Hicks, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Picture numbers instead of a photo

I use Windows Live Photo Gallery to store my photos. I am listing one of my rentals on Craigslist but when I click on Add Images I get a screen that shows just the image picture number ....no picture. That is how it is for all my picture folders. How can I change that so my pictures show instead of a image number?

:)

Trudy Hicks, Nov 21, 2018

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Photo thumbnail picture

If you do the suggestion by Cyberdesigner and they still show as icons, check your performance settings and make sure "show thumbnails instead of icons" is checked.

Right click Start, select System -> Advanced system settings -> Advanced tab -> Performance - Settings

Picture numbers instead of a photo [​IMG]

fracking4oil, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Picture numbers instead of a photo

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Picture numbers instead of a photo

1. Picture numbers instead of a photo - Similar Threads - Picture numbers instead

2. Photos will not open shows a grey box instead of picture how to correct?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos will not open shows a grey box instead of picture how to correct?: Photos will not open shows a grey box instead of picture how to correct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-will-not-open-shows-a-grey-box-instead-of/f250bb9a-dcbe-4ab7-b326-824648b52c29
  3. Photos will not open shows a grey box instead of picture how to correct?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos will not open shows a grey box instead of picture how to correct?: Photos will not open shows a grey box instead of picture how to correct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-will-not-open-shows-a-grey-box-instead-of/f250bb9a-dcbe-4ab7-b326-824648b52c29
  4. Photos keep opening in "print pictures" app instead of the photos app even though it's set...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos keep opening in "print pictures" app instead of the photos app even though it's set...: Hi everyone, Right after installing Windows 11, every time I search up a photo on my computer, instead of opening in the Photos App, it opens in "Print Pictures." Photos is set as the default app for opening image files too. I have no idea why this is happening, as it opens...
  5. Duplicate picture instead of extended picture.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate picture instead of extended picture.: I have finally been able to see an image on my 2nd monitor, however, it is a duplicate picture. I have gone into my settings, and strangely my desktop is not even able to detect my 2nd monitor. I'm happy to see the other monitor, but I don't need them duplicate, I need them...
  6. Duplicate picture instead of extended picture.

Duplicate picture instead of extended picture.: I have finally been able to see an image on my 2nd monitor, however, it is a duplicate picture. I have gone into my settings, and strangely my desktop is not even able to detect my 2nd monitor. I'm happy to see the other monitor, but I don't need them duplicate, I need them...
  7. The pictures show a glitch photo instead of the real photo!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The pictures show a glitch photo instead of the real photo!!: Good Evening, I have a big problem here when I try to send the screenshots on WhatsApp web or telegram or paste it somewhere social the screen it shows a glitch photo instead of the real photo. https://i.imgur.com/VzTfBTp.png submitted by /u/iTady74 [link]...
  8. How do I get PAINT to open pictures instead of PHOTOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get PAINT to open pictures instead of PHOTOS: How do I get PAINT to open pictures instead of PHOTOS? I would always want to go through PAINT and have PHOTOS as an option, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-paint-to-open-pictures-instead-of/b1b6e729-c2ab-4a77-9306-4cdf2c647411
  9. Picture/photos

Picture/photos: I have 40,000+ pictures on my computer. I want to give my kids their own pictures that they took and stored on my computer. With six kids, I can't go through 40,000 pictures six times. I want to go through them one time and move them into their own folders, then I want to...
  10. How to set "." instead of "," in numbers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to set "." instead of "," in numbers: Hello I think when I installed Windows XP for the first time, I had to set the decimal value to be shown has "." instead of the comma "," Some of my Excel sheet seem to be misinterpreted now since I installed Win 10 Any idea? Martin 17701