Windows 10: Picture Password is not working

Discus and support Picture Password is not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Cannot create picture password after updating to Windows11. Not recognizing my verification password to get to the link. [Original Title: picture... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nkg0319, Oct 15, 2021.

1. nkg0319 Win User

Picture Password is not working

Cannot create picture password after updating to Windows11. Not recognizing my verification password to get to the link. [Original Title: picture password]

:)

nkg0319, Oct 15, 2021
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 16, 2021
  4. Picture Password is not working

Picture Password is dithered

Hi Joan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We will help you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions regarding the query:

• What happens when you click on Add option from the settings page?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Are you using Microsoft account credentials to login into your PC?

Method 1: This seems to be a temporary issue, I suggest you to reboot the PC and check if you are able to set the picture password.

Method 2: If the issue persist, convert the Microsoft account to a Local account and back to Microsoft account and check if you are able to set the picture password:

Step 1: To convert to local account, follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account on Windows 10.
    • Click Start and then PC settings.
    • Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Disconnect on the right of the screen.
    • Enter your Microsoft account's password, and click on Next.
    • Type in a Username, Password, and
      Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

Step 2: To switch back to Microsoft account, follow these steps:

• On the newly converted Local account, click Start and then PC Settings.
    • Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Connect to a Microsoft account.
    • Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password, and click Next.
    • Choose if you want OneDrive as your default file saving location, click Next.
    • Click Switch.

Hope this helps!

Get back to us with the answers to the above questions to assist you further on this query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure that we assist you accordingly.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 16, 2021
Thema:

Picture Password is not working

1. Picture Password is not working - Similar Threads - Picture Password working

2. picture password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    picture password: Where is my picture password? It seems to no longer be available after my last update Windows 11 Home v22h2. First it was disabling the ability to move the toolbar. Now you have removed Picture Passwords. Why do you keep removing simple yet beneficial setting options? You...
  3. Picture Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Picture Password: Where is my picture password? It seems to no longer be available after my last update Windows 11 Home v22h2. First it was disabling the ability to move the toolbar. Now you have removed Picture Passwords. Why do you keep removing simple yet beneficial setting options? You...
  4. picture password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    picture password: Where is my picture password? It seems to no longer be available after my last update Windows 11 Home v22h2. First it was disabling the ability to move the toolbar. Now you have removed Picture Passwords. Why do you keep removing simple yet beneficial setting options? You...
  5. Picture Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Picture Password: Where is my picture password? It seems to no longer be available after my last update Windows 11 Home v22h2. First it was disabling the ability to move the toolbar. Now you have removed Picture Passwords. Why do you keep removing simple yet beneficial setting options? You...
  6. Picture Password is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Picture Password is not working: Cannot create picture password after updating to Windows11. Not recognizing my verification password to get to the link. [Original Title: picture password] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-password-is-not-working/f02ae760-8faa-40f0-a88c-e73016f1320e
  7. Picture Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Picture Password: When I try to create a picture password I get a message telling me there was an enrollment failure when I select a picture https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-password/e48bade0-e1c2-4544-bcfc-38133d4f86bd
  8. Picture Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Picture Password: When I go to try and do the picture password it will allow me to complete all the steps with no issue then it will say finished and state to try my new password next time I login. Problem is every time I sign out and go to login it wont let me do a picture password it still...
  9. Picture password stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture password stopped working: I used to enter Windows using the picture password but this feature stopped working in the end of 2018. So I cannot log into Windows and my files. However I’ve found the True Key option, which wasn’t set by me. Is this problem related to the true key? Why did it happen?...
  10. Picture Password needs reboot to work

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Picture Password needs reboot to work: A couple weeks ago I received a replacement computer, an HP Envy 17t to replace an HP Envy 15t which was basically a lemon. Both computers had Windows 10 Pro installed. It takes forever for the lock screen to load the password picture. I have three motions set up and the...