Windows 10: Picture/Pin Password for AD accounts

Discus and support Picture/Pin Password for AD accounts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I've introduced Picture password and Pins for a few users within my organisation, however, I am interested in setting it up for the whole... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bradley Amis, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Picture/Pin Password for AD accounts

Hello,

I've introduced Picture password and Pins for a few users within my organisation, however, I am interested in setting it up for the whole company but on the AD network level.

Currently, the users are setting this up via the Local account, meaning that any time they move which is fairly common the users will have to set up the picture password/ pin all over again.

Any help of this will be appreciated.

Thanks

Bradley

:)

Bradley Amis, Jan 13, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Picture/Pin Password for AD accounts

Setup PIN password on Windows 10

Hello Bob,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand your requirement in this regard.

Currently we don't have an option to access the Microsoft account without a password. However you can access it either through Microsoft account password or PIN password or Picture password. Suggest you to try again setting up the PIN password by following
    the below steps.

* Press Windows key, type Settings
    into the search space and select the same from the list.

* Click on Accounts and select
    Sign-in options

* Go to
    PIN section, click Add. Confirm your Microsoft account password when it prompt.

* Then setup desired PIN password as required. But ensure to click Eye symbol
    (I.e. Reveal Password) to ensure that the entered PIN is correct and matches.

Alternatively you can also setup Picture password. On the same
    Sign-in options window, you can find an option to set Picture password.
    With a picture password, you can sign in to your PC with your favorite photo instead of a hard-to-remember password. You choose the picture, which gestures—circles, straight lines, or taps—you use, and where on the picture you trace them. You
    can draw a picture password directly on a touchscreen with your finger, or you can use a mouse to draw your shapes. Everyone who has a Microsoft account on your PC can set up their own picture password.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Picture/Pin Password for AD accounts

1. Picture/Pin Password for AD accounts - Similar Threads - Picture Pin Password

2. Password VS PIN for a local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password VS PIN for a local account: Hi everyone,On my PC, I have recently switched my Windows account to a local account for security reason. Then I created also a local account password, of course, so now I can access on my Windows system by both my local account password OR my old Windows PIN.Having two...
  3. Adding Microsoft account to Minecraft PIN issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Adding Microsoft account to Minecraft PIN issue: I added a new account to my pc to play minecraft since thats the account with the progress. It asked me for the PIN for windows hello or something but its only letting me type up to 4 digits so it wasn't working since my PIN is 6 digit. When I try to change the PIN it says it...
  4. PIN is not adding.

PIN is not adding.: Hey, I am currently facing this issue and not able to add PIN to my windows 10 LTSC 2018 after resetting my laptop. If someone knows how to ressolve this issueso please reply....
  5. Adding a PIN

Adding a PIN: I have always used a PIN to log in to my computer without any problems, but since 2 days ago weird things happened. It started with saying the organisation wanted me to change my PIN due to security reasons. I found out where that was coming from and changed my PIN in the...
  6. Adding account - Windows Hello and Pin Code

Adding account - Windows Hello and Pin Code: Hi everyone ! First things first : english is not my native language, please tell me if you don't understand what I'm asking haha : So ! Tonight I was willing to add a Microsoft account to my computer in order to use this account on the Xbox App. So mail:password, all...
  7. PIN and picture password grey out

PIN and picture password grey out: After I installed windows 10 ISO, I thought everything was well. But in 'Settings' ->'Accounts'->'Sign-in options'. 1) PIN and picture password went grey out. [IMG] And I followed this link( https://www.thewindowsclub.com/enable-pin-sign-disabled-domain-users-windows)...
  8. PIN added but demands password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PIN added but demands password: I added a PIN to my Microsoft account. If the machine goes to screensaver from inactivity, then the PIN will unlock it (if connected to the internet). If I am offline though, or it wakes from sleep/reboots, then the PIN will give me the dialogue "You are offline. Please...
  9. Adding my picture to my account

Adding my picture to my account: I went into my account and wanted to add my picture. I tried right clicking on it the pic there. Don't see an option for it . Not in my stats either. I see a lot of blank pics so looks like a lot of us don't know how to do it. 57789
  10. Adding Account Picture

Adding Account Picture: After making a second local account, is there a way to add a picture to said account? Thanks 36947