Windows 10: Picture preview does not work

Discus and support Picture preview does not work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just switched to a surface pro 6 from my pro 3 and now all my pictures have an icon instead of preview... YES I have checked and unchecked all that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jessecm, Jan 1, 2019.

1. jessecm Win User

Picture preview does not work

I just switched to a surface pro 6 from my pro 3 and now all my pictures have an icon instead of preview... YES I have checked and unchecked all that apply to picture preview. No matter what I do - nothing changes. I work with images all day long and now I can't see them - so frustrating - please help!

:)

jessecm, Jan 1, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Jan 1, 2019
  3. picture files preview picture

How do I turn off preview picture attached to my picture file list?

Peter Van Rixoort, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Picture preview does not work - Similar Threads - Picture preview does

2. Photo Preview does not work as expected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo Preview does not work as expected.: After updating to Windows 11, the Photo viewer no longer allows you to scroll through pictures in order. Typically in Windows 10 when you open a photo, you can click the left and right arrows to go to the next or previous photo, but in Windows 11, you can't do that. When...
  3. Photo Preview does not work as expected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Preview does not work as expected.: After updating to Windows 11, the Photo viewer no longer allows you to scroll through pictures in order. Typically in Windows 10 when you open a photo, you can click the left and right arrows to go to the next or previous photo, but in Windows 11, you can't do that. When...
  4. Picture Preview is not in Windows 10 please make it work ASAP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Picture Preview is not in Windows 10 please make it work ASAP: Picture Preview is not in Windows 10 please make it work ASAPThis was one of the most important things for me as I am a realtor and have to look through many pictures at once, I don't like the the Photo App for previewing and from Google searches many people don't like it and...
  5. Pictures wont show previews

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures wont show previews: If anyone else has that problem and has tried fixing it by deleting the cashe of thumbnails and by unchecking the "never show thumbnails, only icons" box. Maybe you could try selecting all the pics that dont show the preview, rotate all of them to the left, this made mine...
  6. picture preview refuses to work even after a reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    picture preview refuses to work even after a reset: picture preview shows no preview in file explorer, file explorer crashes when i hover over "open with", when i go to apps and features it crashes and sometime my taskbar even glithes out. i tried running the sfc command and it came back with nothing and i had norton search...
  7. Picture preview no longer visible?

Picture preview no longer visible?: Hi, so for some time now it's been like this with me, that on my win10 the pictures are shown in folders and on the desktop only as this blue photo file icon. it's just extremely annoying because I was once again too lazy to number all the photos, and now I have to search...
  8. Icons in preview pane of pictures

Icons in preview pane of pictures: I've recently purchased a Dell laptop. I uploaded my photos onto it from my hard drive. The one drive app was also on the laptop. The pictures for some reason linked to the one drive, the one drive filled up and then I no longer had the preview pane on my pics. Initially...
  9. Picture Preview not working properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Picture Preview not working properly.: Hi, First I want to say I'm sorry if this is not the right place to post this, I wasn't sure about it, if not the case, then move it to a proper sub-forum. Second, I apologize for the next image being in Spanish, it's my main language. Ok, to summarize my problem,...
  10. Skype Preview New Picture-in-Picture Mode

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Preview New Picture-in-Picture Mode: [img] Skype Preview is the second Windows 10 in-box app to add support for the new Compact Overlay feature that is coming in the Creators Update. (The first was Movies & TV.) Microsoft revealed that it would be adding Compact Overlay to the Creators Update in February,...