Windows 10: Picture previews are not showing up in file explorer

Discus and support Picture previews are not showing up in file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since about a month ago, I have found that the picture previews in my OneDrive file in File Explorer have disappeared. I suspect it was after an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LELeonard, Jul 6, 2019.

1. LELeonard Win User

Picture previews are not showing up in file explorer

Since about a month ago, I have found that the picture previews in my OneDrive file in File Explorer have disappeared. I suspect it was after an update, but am not certain. When I try to access pictures in that file that do not have a preview, I sometimes get this message: "We can't open this file."

This occurs with both .png and .jpg files. It appears to be random, though the files that show a preview do so consistently.

Formerly, I received an error code, so I looked up that code here and followed the instructions. I have no more error code, but still no previews.

How do I fix this?

:)

LELeonard, Jul 6, 2019

2. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

Picture previews are not showing up in file explorer [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Picture previews are not showing up in file explorer - Similar Threads - Picture previews are

2. Files and Pictures not showing up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files and Pictures not showing up?: Okay so I took pictures on my Canon Camera. I went to upload the pictures to the Toshiba / Microsoft Desktop , they all showed up until I tried to move them to a folder. I am now upset because the folder I thought I moved them to says “this folder is empty” and I can’t find...
  3. Files and Pictures not showing up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files and Pictures not showing up?: Okay so I took pictures on my Canon Camera. I went to upload the pictures to the Toshiba / Microsoft Desktop , they all showed up until I tried to move them to a folder. I am now upset because the folder I thought I moved them to says “this folder is empty” and I can’t find...
  4. OneDrive for business folder shows up as Pictures on file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive for business folder shows up as Pictures on file explorer: Hi all,I have 2 pc’s, a work W10-US and private W11-US pc, that both connect to my OneDrive for Business account, At some point in time I told one or maybe both of these PC’s to back up the desktop, documents, pictures folder to OneDrive for Business.Much later I found out...
  5. OneDrive for business folder shows up as Pictures on file explorer

OneDrive for business folder shows up as Pictures on file explorer: Hi all,I have 2 pc’s, a work W10-US and private W11-US pc, that both connect to my OneDrive for Business account, At some point in time I told one or maybe both of these PC’s to back up the desktop, documents, pictures folder to OneDrive for Business.Much later I found out...
  6. File Explorer shows no preview

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer shows no preview: Hi..So i have this problem with Images. I'm not sure when it started but I have noticed that File Explorer stopped giving me a thumbnail for Images. It is also showing that my folders are empty by the icons. Please help me fix these. I will attach some pictures below...
  7. File Explorer shows no preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer shows no preview: Hi..So i have this problem with Images. I'm not sure when it started but I have noticed that File Explorer stopped giving me a thumbnail for Images. It is also showing that my folders are empty by the icons. Please help me fix these. I will attach some pictures below...
  8. File Explorer shows no preview

9. Pictures not displaying thumbnail previews in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures not displaying thumbnail previews in File Explorer: I recently bought a laptop with Windows 10, having decided to move away from Apple MacBook. This has proven to be a disaster. I use my laptop as I edit photos and graphic design content. However it is proving an impossible task to do this as all of my saved files won't...
  10. Picture thumbnails not showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Picture thumbnails not showing in File Explorer: Hi, I installed a Preview program for 3D files and now for some reason JPEGs aren't showing a preview. I installed SageThumbs, didn't work. Changed the thumbnail options in Folders, didn't work! How can I reset the image previews for files? Or at the very least JPEGs?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. photos saved in explorer dont show up in microsoft photo