Windows 10: picture recovery

Discus and support picture recovery in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I was dragging and dropping a file with pictures from my Android mobile phone and an error occurred while dragging and dropping and an empty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by J.j._9842, Apr 7, 2025.

  1. J.j._9842 Win User

    picture recovery


    Hello, I was dragging and dropping a file with pictures from my Android mobile phone and an error occurred while dragging and dropping and an empty folder was dragged. I wanted to delete the empty folder from my computer but I accidentally deleted the folder from my mobile phone that was full of photos and then I deleted the empty folder from my computer. The empty folder replaced the full one in the trash and the photos disappeared completely. I'm trying to find them but I can't. They're not backed up on my mobile phone, on Google, or anywhere else, is there any way to recover the photos????*

    :)
     
    J.j._9842, Apr 7, 2025
    #1
  2. enso Win User

    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

    Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

    • I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.


    • Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

    Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.
     
    enso, Apr 7, 2025
    #2
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

    That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

    At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.
     
    Johan45, Apr 7, 2025
    #3
  4. yogurt_21 Win User

    picture recovery

    Data recovery software

    The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

    click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

    All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.
     
    yogurt_21, Apr 7, 2025
    #4
Thema:

picture recovery

Loading...
  1. picture recovery - Similar Threads - picture recovery

  2. How to hide Name and Profile picture in Start menu on Windows 11

    in Windows 10 News
    How to hide Name and Profile picture in Start menu on Windows 11: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to hide your name and profile picture in the Start menu on a Windows 11 PC. By default, when you open the Start menu in Windows 11, your account name and profile picture are visible in the bottom-left area. Now, the KB5120998 update...
  3. Microsoft Removes Picture Password Setup in Windows 11, Pushing PINs, Passwords, and Biometrics

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Removes Picture Password Setup in Windows 11, Pushing PINs, Passwords, and Biometrics: Microsoft is removing the option to set up new picture passwords in Windows 11. Users who already have a picture password can keep using it, but if it is removed or disabled, it cannot be set up again. The change comes with the July 2026 security update for Windows 11....
  4. Steam Big Picture Mode not using dedicated GPU on Windows PC

    in Windows 10 News
    Steam Big Picture Mode not using dedicated GPU on Windows PC: While gaming using Steam’s Big Picture Mode can be extremely helpful, as it offers a slick, console-like experience, it occasionally defaults to using your integrated GPU instead of your dedicated GPU. As a result, you encounter issues such as stuttering, lag, and poor...
  5. Enable or Disable Picture-in-Picture Overlay in Microsoft Edge

    in Windows 10 News
    Enable or Disable Picture-in-Picture Overlay in Microsoft Edge: [IMG]You may already be familiar with the Picture-in-Picture overlay. It shrinks your viewing window and allows it to hover over any tab that you are currently on. This feature is especially useful if you like to watch something while working on the side. Microsoft allows you...
  6. Where can I find the Windows 10 lock screen Picture of the Day for July 4, 2025?

    in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Where can I find the Windows 10 lock screen Picture of the Day for July 4, 2025?: Where can I find the Windows 10 lock screen Picture of the Day for July 4, 2025?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-the-windows-10-lock-screen/5863757a-e5bf-436c-8c92-5e3c54e73085
  7. picture recovery

    in Windows 10 Gaming
    picture recovery: Hello, I was dragging and dropping a file with pictures from my Android mobile phone and an error occurred while dragging and dropping and an empty folder was dragged. I wanted to delete the empty folder from my computer but I accidentally deleted the folder from my mobile...
  8. OPERATING SYSTEM DATA LOST DATA RECOVERY ALL MY LIFE TIMES PICTURES WERE ON THIS HARDDRIVE...

    in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OPERATING SYSTEM DATA LOST DATA RECOVERY ALL MY LIFE TIMES PICTURES WERE ON THIS HARDDRIVE...: HELP PLEASEIn the last year I've had two different laptops lose it's OS when I was asked to get UPDATES. Now I have more issues. First computer ACER I figured out I had to down load Windows 10 after I tried to resent to factory and anything else i could think of. I'M NOT A...
  9. OPERATING SYSTEM DATA LOST DATA RECOVERY ALL MY LIFE TIMES PICTURES WERE ON THIS HARDDRIVE...

    in Windows 10 Gaming
    OPERATING SYSTEM DATA LOST DATA RECOVERY ALL MY LIFE TIMES PICTURES WERE ON THIS HARDDRIVE...: HELP PLEASEIn the last year I've had two different laptops lose it's OS when I was asked to get UPDATES. Now I have more issues. First computer ACER I figured out I had to down load Windows 10 after I tried to resent to factory and anything else i could think of. I'M NOT A...
  10. OPERATING SYSTEM DATA LOST DATA RECOVERY ALL MY LIFE TIMES PICTURES WERE ON THIS HARDDRIVE...

    in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OPERATING SYSTEM DATA LOST DATA RECOVERY ALL MY LIFE TIMES PICTURES WERE ON THIS HARDDRIVE...: HELP PLEASEIn the last year I've had two different laptops lose it's OS when I was asked to get UPDATES. Now I have more issues. First computer ACER I figured out I had to down load Windows 10 after I tried to resent to factory and anything else i could think of. I'M NOT A...