Windows 10: Picture tab opening randomly

Discus and support Picture tab opening randomly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello there! Today (2/17/2019) a weird "Picture" tab opens up randomly. I cant press exit or anything it just closes again after some time (usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KrogeInSpace, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Picture tab opening randomly

Hello there!

Today (2/17/2019) a weird "Picture" tab opens up randomly. I cant press exit or anything it just closes again after some time (usually 10-30 seconds).

Its very annoying if im watching Youtube or just searching the internet.

:)

KrogeInSpace, Feb 17, 2019
  2. Jessen P Win User

Multiple tabs opening at once

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

• Which browser do you use where the tabs are opening?
    • Does the tab open randomly or it happens when you click on some link?

Please reply to questions in order to assist you in a better way.

Jessen P, Feb 17, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Johan45 Win User

Picture tab opening randomly

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Picture tab opening randomly

1. Picture tab opening randomly - Similar Threads - Picture tab opening

2. Problem with Pictures not Opening Pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Pictures not Opening Pictures: Problem with Pictures not Opening PicturesI have a iPhone 14 Pro Max that I used to take pictures while on a vacation. When I got hoe I created Folder and transferred those pictures .JPEG and HEIC to my Microsoft Surface Pro 7.When I trt to open a >JPEG file with Microsoft...
  3. Pictures are not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures are not opening: When ever I download a picture and tried to open it did not open, even those pictures which is already exist did not open.anybody know what's the reason. I have window 10...
  4. Photos app randomly hangs when opening a picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app randomly hangs when opening a picture: Since a week or so, when double-clicking any picture on my PC associated with the Photos app, the app sometimes starts blank and I can't do anything but close it. It then takes about 5 seconds before I can try and open the picture a 2nd time which then succeeds and the Photos...
  5. Opening Picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening Picture: The pictures that come on when I go into Edge allow me an opinion. If I like it, it stays for a few days usually. If I don't like it, the next time I turn on the computer, I get a different picture. The other day I clicked "no" didn't like it and it went away but hasn't...
  6. Random alt tabs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random alt tabs: My computer seem to randomly alt tab at will, and I have no idea why. I used Windows Focus Logger, and the issue might originate from a folder called ImmersiveControlPanel under the Local disc C: - Windows. Have ran Malwarebytes multiple times with no viruses or malware...
  7. Task view randomly opens; tabs randomly switch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task view randomly opens; tabs randomly switch: Hi, I have been having several problems with my display and mouse behaviour recently: 1) Task view randomly opens and displays all my active windows. This is annoying because it interrupts my typing and viewing. I have turned off the task view 'gesture'. Sometimes this...
  8. Random Alt-Tabs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random Alt-Tabs?: So, this issue developed some weeks ago. Every hour, from start-up, I get alt-tabbed to a mystery window, called 'Update' according to WindowsFocusLogger. I've tried disabling tasks, I've tried closing down non-essential tasks at start up - I've tried **** round in...
  9. Pictures in Pictures folder will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures in Pictures folder will not open: Pictures will not open in any app or program. I get error messages that I do not have permission to open these files. I have already checked and re-checked the permissions. I am the administrator on my computer. I've run the various diagnostics from the command prompt....
  10. Pictures Not Opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pictures Not Opening: Up until last week, I was able to view any picture on the web. Lately all I get is that ssmall picture square box within another square box. I am using Chrome, cleared cache, all the usual things to do but have no idea why this is happening. It happens in my yahoo email, my...