Windows 10: Picture tab opening randomly

Discus and support Picture tab opening randomly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello there! Today (2/17/2019) a weird "Picture" tab opens up randomly. I cant press exit or anything it just closes again after some time (usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KrogeInSpace, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Picture tab opening randomly

Hello there!

Today (2/17/2019) a weird "Picture" tab opens up randomly. I cant press exit or anything it just closes again after some time (usually 10-30 seconds).

Its very annoying if im watching Youtube or just searching the internet.

:)

KrogeInSpace, Feb 17, 2019
  2. Jessen P Win User

Multiple tabs opening at once

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

• Which browser do you use where the tabs are opening?
    • Does the tab open randomly or it happens when you click on some link?

Please reply to questions in order to assist you in a better way.

Jessen P, Feb 17, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Johan45 Win User

Picture tab opening randomly

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Picture tab opening randomly

1. Picture tab opening randomly - Similar Threads - Picture tab opening

2. Browser windows and tabs open randomly in Edge, Firefox and Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Browser windows and tabs open randomly in Edge, Firefox and Chrome: Greetings, I started having this problem around the time I installed the Windows 10 Home 1909 version, build 18363.535. Web browser tabs are opening without user input. e.g. if I'm working in Firefox, the tab I am in will open my home page. Seemingly, in Edge, a new...
  3. Task view randomly opens; tabs randomly switch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task view randomly opens; tabs randomly switch: Hi, I have been having several problems with my display and mouse behaviour recently: 1) Task view randomly opens and displays all my active windows. This is annoying because it interrupts my typing and viewing. I have turned off the task view 'gesture'. Sometimes this...
  4. Random Alt-Tabs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random Alt-Tabs?: So, this issue developed some weeks ago. Every hour, from start-up, I get alt-tabbed to a mystery window, called 'Update' according to WindowsFocusLogger. I've tried disabling tasks, I've tried closing down non-essential tasks at start up - I've tried **** round in...
  5. Pictures in Pictures folder will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures in Pictures folder will not open: Pictures will not open in any app or program. I get error messages that I do not have permission to open these files. I have already checked and re-checked the permissions. I am the administrator on my computer. I've run the various diagnostics from the command prompt....
  6. Pictures Will Not Open

Pictures Will Not Open: When I try to open pictures "package could not be registered" appears. This is a cliché in windows 10? How can it be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-will-not-open/a57b7838-70fc-4113-b2a7-df73f314aad9"
  7. Pictures not opening

Pictures not opening: When I open any folder with pictures that I have taken and I want to view them the folders no longer show the pictures just generic tab. How can I fix this? I can select the Icon and the preview window opens the picture up. I would like to preview them from the folder and...
  8. Pictures Not Opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pictures Not Opening: Up until last week, I was able to view any picture on the web. Lately all I get is that ssmall picture square box within another square box. I am using Chrome, cleared cache, all the usual things to do but have no idea why this is happening. It happens in my yahoo email, my...
  9. Random pictures on the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random pictures on the desktop: Good morning everyone. I know this is a small problem, but hear me out *Smile On my desktop themes, I use pictures in a folder. In Windows 7 and 8, I was able to randomize these pictures, but I have not found such a feature in Windows 10. Did they take that feature...
  10. Open in New Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Open in New Tab: I have been using Chrome for a long time but I thought I would give Edge a try. In Chrome I am used to right-click a site and select "Open in New Tab". Is this possible in Edge? If yes, how? A right-click on a favorite does not offer me a menu in Edge as in Chrome. Thanks in...