Windows 10: Picture Thumbnail not working correctly

Discus and support Picture Thumbnail not working correctly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I'm having an odd problem that i cant find any help for. When viewing pictures the thumbnail previews are blank as in nothing, there is no file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tyranis90, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Tyranis90 Win User

Picture Thumbnail not working correctly

Hello I'm having an odd problem that i cant find any help for. When viewing pictures the thumbnail previews are blank as in nothing, there is no file type image its just blank.

Even more oddly if i switch the view to medium icons they work. If i then switch to large icons i get low quality pixilated previews. Then switching back to medium and then back to large they are now high quality previews. its very weird and only works while i am viewing the folder if i hit back and then forwards they disappear again.

I've tried disk clean up to reset the thumbnails and made sure the "always show icons' never thumbnails" is unchecked.

Virus scans come back clean.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro.

:)

Tyranis90, Jun 21, 2019

2. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Photo thumbnail picture

Hi

File Explorer>Pictures>Open Pictures.

If Your Photos come up as just a List and don't show up as Thumbnails, look at the Two Small Icons at the Bottom Right of the Screen and 'Toggle' between them.

The first one gives you a List View and the other one gives you a Thumbnail View.

Or you could Click: View at the Top of the Screen and then you Can not only see your Photos as Thumbnails but you can also choose the Size.

Cyberdesigner, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Picture Thumbnail not working correctly

Photo thumbnail picture

If you do the suggestion by Cyberdesigner and they still show as icons, check your performance settings and make sure "show thumbnails instead of icons" is checked.

Right click Start, select System -> Advanced system settings -> Advanced tab -> Performance - Settings

Picture Thumbnail not working correctly [​IMG]

fracking4oil, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Picture Thumbnail not working correctly

1. Picture Thumbnail not working correctly - Similar Threads - Picture Thumbnail working

2. Font thumbnail not display correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font thumbnail not display correctly: Several of my thumbnails do not diplay in the actual font https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-thumbnail-not-display-correctly/62a6c6d6-012d-4493-8537-b6f98ba06f06
  3. Font thumbnail not display correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font thumbnail not display correctly: Several of my thumbnails do not diplay in the actual font https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-thumbnail-not-display-correctly/62a6c6d6-012d-4493-8537-b6f98ba06f06
  4. How to restore jigsaw puzzle progress - the picture thumbnail shows correct progress...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore jigsaw puzzle progress - the picture thumbnail shows correct progress...: How to restore jigsaw puzzle progress - the picture thumbnail shows correct progress... but for the text number instead of showing about 60% it shows 1% and that is what I get when I click to start.......
  5. Picture Thumbnails Not Showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture Thumbnails Not Showing: so recently i did a soft reset where i keep apps and files and now it wont show any of my thumbnail previews for pictures, i tried the 4 methods from here:4 Methods to Fix Picture Thumbnails Not Showing on Windows 10 minitool.com and also i see a red x next to most of my...
  6. My picture thumbnails

My picture thumbnails: How do you get the thumbnails showing in the my pictures folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-picture-thumbnails/2ca4aa38-41bf-4c8e-98f8-764575907f9b
  7. Picture icon no thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Picture icon no thumbnails: I am having issues trying to show my thumbnails instead of icons , I have tried every single troubleshoot I could find with no luck , I have a few showing but not alot of them are , can someone please help , Its getting real ridiculous and upsetting...
  8. Picture thumbnails

Picture thumbnails: As I go through my Picture folders, all I get are little icons for the Tiffs, rather than thumbnails of the pictures. I am using Windows 10. How do I get my thumbnails back?...
  9. Video Thumbnails Not Working - Folder Options Are Correct

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Thumbnails Not Working - Folder Options Are Correct: Upgraded about a week ago and things have gone fairly well so far, but I just noticed something that really bothers me. The thumbnails for video files are not working. The folder option of show icon never thumbnail is not checked, and in system performance show thumbnail...
  10. Photo thumbnail picture

in Windows 10 Support
    Photo thumbnail picture: When opening a folder containing pictures how do I get win 10 to show a thumb nail size image 17461