Windows 10: Picture thumbnails and taskbar icons keep disappearing

Discus and support Picture thumbnails and taskbar icons keep disappearing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] I've tried almost every basic fix and more specific fix I can to try and handle this, and it still keeps happening. It's been fine for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/driedoutmarker, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Picture thumbnails and taskbar icons keep disappearing

Picture thumbnails and taskbar icons keep disappearing [​IMG]

I've tried almost every basic fix and more specific fix I can to try and handle this, and it still keeps happening. It's been fine for a while, but I just realized it happened again. Can absolutely anyone tell me why in the world this is happening or how to fix it?

taskbar icons missing

absolutely every single photo thumbnail missing

It keeps happening repeatedly, I've done numerous scans for viruses and malware to no avail, one really bizarre fix that worked very temporarily was uninstalling firefox, which didn't last long. Sometimes restarting my pc fixes it, sometimes it does nothing. It makes no sense, I can't find a solid fix, and it's been fine for a while and I am very displeased to see this stuff missing AGAIN. Please, someone help :/

Edit (for some of the other fixes I've tried): I have also tried deleting the iconcache file, which also worked temporarily like uninstalling firefox did. Tried running DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth in the command prompt. Basically, mostly nothing worked, and if it did, it was only temporary. Also there seems to be absolutely nothing prompting or causing this to happen. I just suddenly realize my icons are gone and get irritated again.

submitted by /u/driedoutmarker
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/driedoutmarker, Jan 3, 2021

2. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 3, 2021
  3. Picture ICONS instead of thumbnail pics

Suddenly all of my picture thumbnails are ICONS, instead of thumbnail pics. I have gone through the steps of Unchecking a box that says "always show ICONS instead of thumbnails" and that did NOT help.

I don't like Microsoft Edge or the Cloud, I think those are the culprits that keep doing this to my thumbnails.

tonigisone, Jan 3, 2021
  4. DRDNA Win User

Picture thumbnails and taskbar icons keep disappearing

Video Thumbnail on Taskbar

The feature is called Taskbar preview and is not supposed to remain open after you remove the cursor from the icon. So it is working proper when it closes preview once the cursor is removed from the Taskbar icon.

EDIT: I have seen Taskbar preview stick and stay open before myself even after the cursor has been removed but that not suppose to happen and I don't know for sure why it happens in the first place but I'm guessing it has to do with memory running low .....

DRDNA, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

Picture thumbnails and taskbar icons keep disappearing

1. Picture thumbnails and taskbar icons keep disappearing - Similar Threads - Picture thumbnails taskbar

2. Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail: As you can see in the attached image the icons of my recently opened apps is appearing plane instead of showing the specific app icon image/thumbnail.Can anyone tell me how to fix this?...
  3. Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail: As you can see in the attached image the icons of my recently opened apps is appearing plane instead of showing the specific app icon image/thumbnail.Can anyone tell me how to fix this?...
  4. Taskbar Icons Keep Disappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Icons Keep Disappearing: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Starwind_Amada [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lzw79x/taskbar_icons_keep_disappearing/
  5. Picture icon no thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Picture icon no thumbnails: I am having issues trying to show my thumbnails instead of icons , I have tried every single troubleshoot I could find with no luck , I have a few showing but not alot of them are , can someone please help , Its getting real ridiculous and upsetting...
  6. Taskbar thumbnail keeps disappearing before I could click on it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar thumbnail keeps disappearing before I could click on it: Hi, I have a serious issue with Windows that greatly hinders productivity. The taskbar thumbnail appears and disappears very quickly before I could click on them upon hovering. I use to have this issue with my old profile so I created a new one and started installing all my...
  7. Icon thumbnails disappearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icon thumbnails disappearing: Very often all my thumbnails will disappear. Desktop, toolbar, file thumbnails etc all disappear and will not reload until I restart my system. This happens way to often and computer seems sluggish when it does. What can I do?? I figure it's a memory problem but I'm not...
  8. Underlined icon in the taskbar disappear (picture 1) and reappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Underlined icon in the taskbar disappear (picture 1) and reappear: [img] It will reappear about 15-20 minute after disappear... Then for a long while it will disappear again... --------- [img] I have expand the tastkbar wider (picture 2) and found that underlined is not disappear but it hiding lower. So I can see underlined if I...
  9. My taskbar icons keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    My taskbar icons keep disappearing: I setup my most used programs by pinning them to the taskbar. However they randomly disappear, all of them. Is this a known problem and if so is it easily fixed? 61313
  10. Icons In Taskbar Keep Disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons In Taskbar Keep Disappearing: I keep getting this blank document icon instead of the correct icon in Windows 10 Pro. It does happen with a few different apps but it's almost exclusively Adobe programs. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks. [img] 51212